NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

What have Shopto done? not shipped the Amiibo with the game?

I ordered the inkling Girl from them (and GAME too by mistake so i may end up with a spare) i got an email Tuesday saying it was dispatched and its not here today (Royal mail have been) which is a little on the long side for Royal Mail 1st Class, they certainly aren't as quick and reliable as they used to be, but missing items from an order? man they are really going down hill! ever since they started doing other things except games they've just gone to shit

No, it was just the Inkling Girl Amiibo from ShopTo. I ordered the game from elsewhere.

Getting into the single player part of the game, I actually quite like it. I hope they add more to it with DLC at a later point because it could really be something of a puzzle/shooter type game.

Got myself to level four playing turf wars too, I feel I'm going to be a lucky player at it. Most games I ended up getting splatted many times. One game, I think I got about 4 splats. But that was it. It's still going to be fun to play.

Right! hard drive bought, games traded in and £30 credit sat on my eshop account (and a £6 game voucher to put towards amiibo)...ready to download first thing in the morning after my run!

Can't wait, hopefully should be on a fair bit tomorrow so can join in with any of you playing during the day time! :)

@Serebii now you know what it's like to be trapped at spawn! :D

Good games with the N-E peeps. I think we had the best part of a lobby covered with our members. If there's 8 of us we could essentially have a private match.

I'm currently playing with @Dcubed and @Sprout. Need to check out other areas of the game when I've had tea.

Edit: Damn you @Sprout!!!

Edited by Cube

@RedShell is too good at this already. Whenever I turn a corner he's there to kill me :(
That was clearly beginners luck. :hehe:

I was on fire for those first few games though. :awesome:

Good games with the N-E peeps. I think we had the best part of a lobby covered with our members. If there's 8 of us we could essentially have a private match.
Yeah, such a great laugh. :)

Leveling up is a lot quicker that I was expecting, need to get myself some better gear now.

BTW, @Dcubed thanks for providing my fave Splatoon moment so far. :D It'll be appearing in GIF form soon. ;)

*EDIT*

Here it is:

I tried the same thing afterwards against the other Roller player, but it didn't go quite as well. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

Just watching DCubed play this makes me really wanna try it out.

Good thing he's insane and will get the digital version as well so I might have to borrow his disc.

Edit: Damn you Sprout!!!
I don't know what I'm being damned for, but I probably deserve it. =P

I had fun with the n-e peoples! I liked seeing a team full of people I know... even if I was on the opposing team to them, heh.

Also, I found some of the product placement this game mentions:

Well that was inktastic! This game's a winner for sure! :D

And yes, the Roller is still by far my favourite weapon. DAT coverage! :D

Oh and @Hero of Time, you are SO on my splat list! You were on me like a stalker! :p

I don't know what I'm being damned for, but I probably deserve it. =P

I had fun with the n-e peoples! I liked seeing a team full of people I know... even if I was on the opposing team to them, heh.

Also, I found some of the product placement this game mentions:

Yeah I noticed that. Makes perfect sense, considering that KOG sell (awesome) officially licensed Nintendo shirts.

Edited by Dcubed

I'd love it if Nintendo worked with Insert Coin on some designs and then put those t-shirts into Splatoon.

A few decent Turf Wars with @Dcubed and @RedShell a while ago. I think I got my best Splat on RedShell. Threw a splat bomb whilst hiding around the corner and got him.

I'm pretty sure I did a super jump and landed right in front of @RedShell as he was about to be killed.

Edit: What's the point of the timer in the lobby? It just keeps going up?

Edited by Cube

So what are peoples plan every day/evening?! Get some Skype chat on the go?!?!

Anyone near to reaching the end of the single player? Got my bets on @Hero\-of\-Time completing it first! Would love to hear what you all think of it :)

And its done.

image_zpsqfcpkjoy.jpg

Nabbed all the scrolls on the way as well.

image_zpstmstry2h.jpg

Would have used Miiverse to post the pics but it ain't up yet. :heh:

It's a very short but sweet experience. The levels do feel disjointed though. You get the feeling that they didn't have enough for a full on story/campaign and instead it feels like a lot of little ides scattered across a bunch of stages. I'm sure I seen the Zelda II Octoroks on a wall somewhere as well.

What is it with Nintendo's obsession with giant hands and tennis fights?

:D

In true Nintendo fashion, the credits are great. I'm sure @RedShell will enjoy them. :)

I think i'll leave the Amiibo stuff for now and hop back online. I did get a couple of extra suits for finishing the game, so I may give them a go.

Nicely done, @Hero\-of\-Time. icon14.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing these credits now. :hehe:

I'm pretty sure I did a super jump and landed right in front of @RedShell as he was about to be killed.
Yeah, in one of our games together I super jumped to you when you'd just respawned at the base. :D It looked like I was going to shoot forwards into the map, but then I suddenly went backwards. :heh:

This game is too fast and crazy to make proper use of the GamePad stuff, for me anyway.

Just seen this costume from an Amiibo...looks awesome.

sOyDi3l.jpg

Spoiler tags people please!

Supposed leak from the forthcoming Prima Guide of the upcoming DLC weapons.

1432823736586.jpg

Not really spoilery as they mostly look like reskinned existing weapons but just to be safe.

Edited by Wii

@Hero\-of\-Time, did you end up disconnected from a match? I think @dazzybee was on his own for a match.

@Hero\-of\-Time, did you end up disconnected from a match? I think @dazzybee was on his own for a match.

Yeah, just got DCed again. Servers aren't running so smooth at the moment.

Yeah, that was great.... :)

Got disconnected so decided to buy some gear. Hopping back in for a bit. Then try single player!

And its done.

image_zpsqfcpkjoy.jpg

Nabbed all the scrolls on the way as well.

image_zpstmstry2h.jpg

Would have used Miiverse to post the pics but it ain't up yet. :heh:

It's a very short but sweet experience. The levels do feel disjointed though. You get the feeling that they didn't have enough for a full on story/campaign and instead it feels like a lot of little ides scattered across a bunch of stages. I'm sure I seen the Zelda II Octoroks on a wall somewhere as well.

What is it with Nintendo's obsession with giant hands and tennis fights?

:D

In true Nintendo fashion, the credits are great. I'm sure @RedShell will enjoy them. :)

I think i'll leave the Amiibo stuff for now and hop back online. I did get a couple of extra suits for finishing the game, so I may give them a go.

Glad you enjoyed it :D Congrats on getting the scrolls too - I missed about half on my first runthrough so had to play about half the levels again, but it was still fun :) Have to agree with your criticisms, and overall it was pretty easy, but I found it a lot of fun!

Was my absolute highlight of the game! Just so crazy. Difficulty raised considerably from the previous bosses too.

As I said in my review, I can definitely see more single player levels coming via DLC. Didn't really plan on getting the amiibo but may try to get hold of them to extend the single player a little bit, though there's no way I'm paying £40 for the special edition just to get the squid amiibo!