NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I finally got around to playing this for a couple of hours...

It's rather addictive, I've just reached level 5 and I've only now opted to buy my first proper weapon set as I was just having so much fun messing around with the standard weapon. :heh:

I saw some of you online, I tried to join some of you and at least one or two N-E members must have joined me, pretty sure I saw Josh at the very least, joined YesterYear for a couple of matches, I was sure I saw Mr Paul online as well I thought?

Either way, had some good matches, one communication error so far but I had no trouble getting in and out of the lobby after wanting to quit, is it ranked match where you can only quit by turning the machine off?

If so then that's definitely an oversight.

Really interesting game, I'm just hoping that the more I play that the gameplay will still... staaaaay fresh! ;)

We shall see. : peace:

Also that arcade game is amazing! :D

Either way, had some good matches, one communication error so far but I had no trouble getting in and out of the lobby after wanting to quit, is it ranked match where you can only quit by turning the machine off?

Nah. It's in normal matches. You can't play ranked matches yet.

The issue is when you are in a lobby waiting for a game. If the lobby is taking ages to fill up, or you start to get paired with higher ranks than yourself, you may want to back out. At this point you are stuck in that lobby. Once a game is finished you can leave fine but while it's searching for opponents you are screwed.

Nah. It's in normal matches. You can't play ranked matches yet.

The issue is when you are in a lobby waiting for a game. If the lobby is taking ages to fill up, or you start to get paired with higher ranks than yourself, you may want to back out. At this point you are stuck in that lobby. Once a game is finished you can leave fine but while it's searching for opponents you are screwed.

Oh right... I was too busy playing the squid mini-game to notice! :D

But yes, I can understand why they should patch in the ability to leave when you like along with perhaps the ability for player 1 to be able to use the pro controller instead as while I don't mind using the gamepad, it is nice to have options and I couldn't see a way to do that easily in game.

Also... voice chat, it would be nice if it was patched in, if only just for friend matches, now I've seen what the game is like I honestly wouldn't care if it wasn't included when playing with randoms but for friendly games it would certainly add something. : peace:

What is the Amiibo content?

Scan the amiibo and they give you challenges which ask you to go about the single player levels differently. At the end, you get some cool gear and 8-bit Squid games.

They unlock a bunch of challenge stages. Completing these unlocks unique gear for your Splatoon character.

20 challenges for each amiibo, mini games, weapons and gear.

Mine has been delivered. At my sister's house (I had no idea that I'd find a house so quickly and they wouldn't let me change the address). I'll walk around after work.

Edit: No Amiibo, ShopTo really have lost it.

Edited by Cube

Congrats, dude. I'm sure you will enjoy it. : peace:

Question is if they'll actually deliver it or if it'll be like my Ambassador New 3DS where they take it out for delivery, never bother attempt and wait a day.

I was able to get an hour on Splatoon this morning, get myself up to Level 4, buy some gear and try out the first stage of the single player :smile:

I'm enjoying it all, so far :hehe: I've definitely featured in games where my colleagues have been useless, but it just puts more pressure on you to be amazing :heh: I felt I improved a little, but no doubt I'll be sturggling whenever everyone gets to grips with the game..

In a way I'm jealous of you all receiving the game - I've got to wait for a download code tomorrow to play it with you all and level up all over again!

Anyone near to reaching the end of the single player? Got my bets on @Hero\-of\-Time completing it first! Would love to hear what you all think of it :)

Edited by Mr-Paul

This is £29 in Tesco, and a friend of mine who works there offered to get it for me with his discount which would result in getting it for £26.10.

This is probably going to happen, but Witcher am cry :(

Found out a mate of mine is apparently getting this(forget he has a WiiU sometimes) so hopefully will get a hands-on with it at some point(and possibly get back my long-loaned copy of 3d world too :p). From what I'm hearing here the game definitely has some very good points to it, but unfortunately some of the bad points sound like things that might really niggle me so not keen to buy unless I get to try it out myself. Still yet to check Mr-Paul's review(will hopefully do so this evening) which might hopefully help me making a decision!

I must say about the heist though(albeit slightly off topic) - I'm incredibly intrigued. Is it a testament to the amiibo and the arugable issues around it? It seems like quite a niche job to pull to me, but at the same time the fact it's gone off successfully makes me think it must have been half decent and not just some amateur hackjob too. Anyone know how common robberies like these are in the video game world? I recall hearing of them here and there on occassion, but nothing specific springs to mind atm.

Anyone near to reaching the end of the single player? Got my bets on @Hero\-of\-Time completing it first! Would love to hear what you all think of it :)

Haha. I'm stuck at work until 5pm. I'll be cracking on with it as soon as I get home though. :D

Haha. I'm stuck at work until 5pm. I'll be cracking on with it as soon as I get home though. :D

I too would crack on but I'm away all weekend

The last amiibo girl challenge is kicking my arse. I get to the last phase and it all goes to hell >_< Sometimes I don't even get that far.

Still hasn't arrived. Got an inkling it won't, despite being "out for delivery". Yodel deliveries typically happen by now when we get them

Got home from the shops and my Premium edition has arrived from nintendo :yay: T-shirt is nice too

Mine has been delivered. At my sister's house (I had no idea that I'd find a house so quickly and they wouldn't let me change the address). I'll walk around after work.

Edit: No Amiibo, ShopTo really have lost it.

What have Shopto done? not shipped the Amiibo with the game?

I ordered the inkling Girl from them (and GAME too by mistake so i may end up with a spare) i got an email Tuesday saying it was dispatched and its not here today (Royal mail have been) which is a little on the long side for Royal Mail 1st Class, they certainly aren't as quick and reliable as they used to be, but missing items from an order? man they are really going down hill! ever since they started doing other things except games they've just gone to shit

I ordered the Special edition and the boy and girl amiibo from ShopTo and they were all delivered just fine yesterday. Although they did send it via a courier because it was over £50. If yours are being delivered by Royal Mail then thats a different story.

Edited by martinist

Just was looking around at the prices of Splatoon amiibo - the girl one is £19.85 on Amazon! I know they price match when other retailers have a better price than them, but price matching ShopTo's awful price is not on!