NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

CEX were quick, they won't accept any Splatoon + Squid Amiibo copies for trade.

CEX not accepting stolen stock!? What planet did I wake up on today!? :o

Eurogamer got a zing in

Amusingly, @Tphi is exactly who I got the info about CEX not accepting it from.

I am definitely not buying on launch. Single player sounds weak and online is not fleshed out enough.

Once DLC drops then I would buy it.

WTF! You can't change weapons while in a game and have to do it back in the lobby. Yeah that's stupid!

Fair enough on all your other points, but just wanted to pull up on this. All of the reviews I've seen have loved the single player - it was a lot of fun! It may be quite short, but it is only a complementary part of the game really.

It's also unlikely to go down in price much from what it is now, so if you're gonna pick it up it doesn't really matter when!

I'll probably grab this pretty soon-ish after launch. Given what they've achieved with SSB & MK I have faith there'll be a solid player base for months to come and I don't mind buying and waiting for the updates. Just as long as DE_Dust is there everyone's happy. :heh:

Reached level 5, got some cash, bought some new gear, played some single player and took in the sights. I'm enjoying what I've dabbled with so far.

I'm a little disappointed that the ability to leave a lobby is the same as it is in the demo. You can't back out and if you do want to leave you have to power the whole machine down.

Sadly, I have to go out so I can't put anymore time into it. I may have a cheeky game or two once I get in at half 9, though.

Staaay Fresh! :D

Great review @Mr\-Paul!

Nintendo Store has despatched mine this afternoon. Estimated delivery date "On or before June 1st" >_<

Reached level 5, got some cash, bought some new gear, played some single player and took in the sights. I'm enjoying what I've dabbled with so far.

I'm a little disappointed that the ability to leave a lobby is the same as it is in the demo. You can't back out and if you do want to leave you have to power the whole machine down.

Sadly, I have to go out so I can't put anymore time into it. I may have a cheeky game or two once I get in at half 9, though.

Staaay Fresh! :D

Is this for Real? I never played the demo but that sounds ridiculous.

Power down the machine just to leave a lobby. WTF!

I actually forgot to mention this in my review! Was even more frustrating when it was more likely you wouldn't fill a lobby than actually get 8 players! Hopefully they'll correct this soon.

I mentioned the hard powering down on Saturday night during the Testfire Demo. Had to do it several times during the first hour when it just kept endlessly searching for players. It's something that wouldn't be hard to patch in a fix for. It's very strange that something so simple and necessary slipped through the net.

Weird. It's like when Battlefield 3 launched without a "quit" button to let you out in between rounds.

That's the first time I've ordered from GAME in something like 7 years.

*Sigh*

Oh well. I kinda wanted that last Amiibo. As long as I still get the hat, I'll be happy.

I want the t-shirt from Nintendo store. I am disappointed I missed it.

Toronto Sun

May 27, 2015

The lack of a chat feature just ends up making Splatoon a game that rewards smart teamwork but doesn’t give players tools to communicate.

Did @Wii et al. write this review? ;)

Did @Wii et al. write this review? ;)

Just for that, Leicester will be relegated next season. Funny now? :heh:

Besides I haven't been the worst about voice chat. There are others that won't buy Splatoon partially because of its omission.

Just for that, Leicester will be relegated next season. Funny now? :heh:

Besides I haven't been the worst about voice chat. There are others that won't buy Splatoon partially because of its omission.

You...you take that back! :(

Hats off to you, ReZ.

More like hats on. ;)

Can't wait for your Sushi themed Splatoon/Food Review UK Special featuring the hat...LIVE at your local Yo Sushi!

Here's some more niggles I have with the game.

The map selection isn't great. I'm not talking about how many maps but how they are actually selected. I've just played on the same map three times in a row.

I don't care for the characters telling you what maps are available every time I boot the game up. You should be able to opt out of this.

People won't want to hear this but voice chat would have made things a lot better. I just played a match where the enemy was sneaking around the other side of the map. I tried warning my team mates with the useless shout outs but it didn't work. We ended up losing that match.

Just reached rank 6 and bought some new gear.

It would be good if you could paint/splat messages/stickers

on walls at least!

Biggest insult is they spelt your name wrong in the e-mail! (Unless you can't spell your own name....)

So gutted. I have it sat here. But I've just got back from football, eaten, and my friend is sleeping over. Have to wait til tomorrow night. Torture.

Some of these reviews, including our very own, are really good, a lot better than I was expecting actually, especially as a new IP as much as anything else!

With a fair wind my hard drive will arrive tomorrow, can trade in FIFA and Halo MCC and start my digital copy revolution with this beauty on Friday :D

I cracked on with the single players stuff. It's certainly gonna be a short ride. Think I've been playing for an hour and a half and I'm pretty much haf way through it. That's with me looking for and finding the scrolls as well. Luckily the Amiibo content should bulk things up a bit.

The levels do feel like Mario Galaxy at times. Instead of hopping from planet to planet, you instead jump from platform to platform. It's pretty straight forward and very simple. There's nothing really challenging, at least not yet anyway. Still fun though.