NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

C'mon now. Do you really think it just arrived in their warehouse this morning? Strange, most other places don't have that problem. And as I've been finding out, it's common practise for thegamecollection to do this. They know it takes longer to ship overseas so it should be posted earlier.

It's mainly been ShopTo and Nintendo UK who send them out early (and ShopTo haven't been good at that recently). And Nintendo UK don't even send it to Ireland.

If I was pre-ordering something from another country, I'd never expect to get it on release day.

Is there really no decent retailer in Ireland?

It's mainly been ShopTo and Nintendo UK who send them out early (and ShopTo haven't been good at that recently). And Nintendo UK don't even send it to Ireland.

If I was pre-ordering something from another country, I'd never expect to get it on release day.

Is there really no decent retailer in Ireland?

Nope. The cheapest is €50 for the game. Thegamecollection was ~€35.

They should factor in the extra time for delivery. If a game doesn't arrive Friday, it's an extra 3 day wait. 4 days this weekend because of the bank holiday.

Do ye get post on Saturday? We don't.

So nintendo store orders, the ones that arrived are through yodel or another?

Mind says out for delivery, but then also says it's at enfield and due for delivery before 29th...

So nintendo store orders, the ones that arrived are through yodel or another?

Mind says out for delivery, but then also says it's at enfield and due for delivery before 29th...

I didn't order Splatoon but I know that Hermes courier'd a Mario amiibo I bought last week - the worrying thing? It was apparently delivered to the house on Friday when we were all in Scotland until Tuesday! Not with the neighbours that I've found so bit confused as to where it is - tracking says 'delivered to porch' but I don't know what that means. First experience with Hermes iirc, but I know I've never been the greatest fan of Yodel either(returned my 3DS from repair and left it next to the plantpot outside).

Hermes are literally the worst one out of the lot. Most of their "drivers" are random people using their own cars.

I have to go to work soon but I managed to squeeze in 3 battles online, after the initial tutorial :smile:

Early impressions would suggest that I'm going to SUCK at Splatoon :heh:

Reviews seem very positive.Plenty of 8s and praise being dished out for the game. There's a few waiting to give the final verdict until they have tested the public servers. As it should be.

I am definitely not buying on launch. Single player sounds weak and online is not fleshed out enough.

Once DLC drops then I would buy it.

WTF! You can't change weapons while in a game and have to do it back in the lobby. Yeah that's stupid!

Edited by khilafah

8/10 a good score. I believe that my favourite Wii game got an 8/10 on N-Europe.

Splatoon - Video Review (Wii U)

They don't do scores but "loved" it. Single player is fun though a bit short and the multiplayer is the best yet on the Wii U, runs near flawlessly at 60 fps. In short, one of their favourite Wii U games.

Edited by Wii

Inkredible heist, Sorry for any fans who ordered from them tho ,

Usually it's game robbing people not the other way round lol

I bet it was some sony or Microsoft mafia , trying to spoil a big summer hit

People will do anything for Amiibo.

Still, £10 less for one less Amiibo when GAME are selling the regular ones for £15 and you can't even buy that one separately doesn't sound like a great apology.

Edit: Ah, it's not £10 below the price of all three Amiibo and the game, it's £10 below the price of the two Amiibo and game.

0OaZqvu.jpg

Mother of god

Yup I got that as well.

I completely forgot I had another one preordered. I'm glad this happened as I can now cancel it. :D

0OaZqvu.jpg

Mother of god

No fucking way is this real

I've not laughed this hard since PS4 deliveries from Amazon got delayed for many people in the US due to train derailments that popped up in people's tracking information

0OaZqvu.jpg

Mother of god

I had to get the game one way or another by Friday. Sorry folks. ;)

Nah, but it was probably an inkside job. If they're smart they'll just sell the game and amiibo separately. Could even make more money that way. The Inkling Squid amiibo would make a tidy sum on Ebay.