NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Aww what? they're holding the parcels until then... that sucks. :(

Oh well, still glad I went with the limited edition, it may well have cost a few squid extra but it will surely be worth it. :)

They have said "Delivered by" and it got here earlier beforehand, but yeah seems it's being held.

Just have to cross my fingers and make sure my mum listens out for the door. It's Yodel and they always knock so softly and leave on the doorstep

Who has everbody ordered from? Anyones copy shipped from thegamecollection.net? Mine hasn't and I haven't got a response through e-mail and Twitter.

Who has everbody ordered from? Anyones copy shipped from thegamecollection.net? Mine hasn't and I haven't got a response through e-mail and Twitter.

I think a lot of us on here ordered from Nintendo UK.

I got the Game from nintendo Uk and my order is still 'processing' I suspect i'll not get it for Friday, my experience with Yodel is just aweful! they delivered something on tuesday last week, i was out so they left it with 'Dennis' at Nº112, only i live at 112 so where was my parcel? good job i know my new neighbours names isn't it

pillocks

[TWEET]603214141839507456[/TWEET]

splat-1krrcv.jpg

splat-2ogq09.jpg

CF66vWvUsAAX7U0.jpg:orig

Will need to wait for the English Tumblr update later but the Japanese Twitter pic is referring to ranked battle being empty and needs to be filled before it's unlocked. Or something to that effect.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Will need to wait for the English Tumblr update later but the Japanese Twitter pic is referring to ranked battle being empty and needs to be filled before it's unlocked. Or something to that effect.

You need to reach level 10 to play ranked battles. Nintendo have stated this many times.

Just got a text from DPD saying they're going to be delivering my copy and amiibos tomorrow morning :D

What is TheGameCollection like for getting games on time or earlier?

I don't think I ever used them before but I ordered both Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World through their section on Rakuten, another company I haven't dealt with since the old Play.com days :heh:

I got an email this morning to say Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush was dispatched, though I ordered it on Friday afternoon. Presumably the bank holiday played a part in that but I'm wondering when I'll get notification about Splatoon..

Just got a text from DPD saying they're going to be delivering my copy and amiibos tomorrow morning :D

You jammy b@st@rd! :heh:

What is TheGameCollection like for getting games on time or earlier?

I don't think I ever used them before but I ordered both Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World through their section on Rakuten, another company I haven't dealt with since the old Play.com days :heh:

I got an email this morning to say Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush was dispatched, though I ordered it on Friday afternoon. Presumably the bank holiday played a part in that but I'm wondering when I'll get notification about Splatoon..

Thegamecollection are very good, never had a problem with them. I haven't ordered from them for a launch day release before though. My copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush arrived today, I ordered it very early and it was despatched before 9a.m. on Friday. Your bank holiday may have made the wait longer.

Splatoon - IGN Plays Live

The review embargo is lifted tomorrow at 3p.m.(BST) by the way.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I ordered mine on the Nintendo Store. The site still says 'Processing' and 'Estimated despatch date 29/05' :nono:

Splatoon - IGN Plays Live

Watch this again tomorrow at 3p.m.(BST). It goes live just as the review embargo is lifted so it should be more in depth and probably talk about the review.

My tracking no longer works. What the hell is going on?

The game has been delayed until August....for obvious reasons. :heh:

So, how do people think this is gonna review? I think they will mostly be positive, but the game will probably be marked down due to a few things regarding the online. I would be surprised to see a few 9 scores kicking about, given that their has been a lot of positive press around the game recently.

I've ordered from Amazon France as ordered late and wanted the Special Edition. Says will be here Friday, but no email yet.

Reviews?

I think it will get about 85/90%. Will probably win plaudits for trying something new, but will get knocked a little for the current lack of online options at release and lack of voice chat compared to other multiplayer, online FPS titles. It will probably pick up points for style and mechanics yet the post-launch aspects to the game are a big factor to the longevity, so it will be interesting to see how reviewers score it.

Some 7.0's will come no doubt. Could be a real marmite one this...

Reviews?

I think it will get about 85/90%. Will probably win plaudits for trying something new, but will get knocked a little for the current lack of online options at release and lack of voice chat compared to other multiplayer, online FPS titles. It will probably pick up points for style and mechanics yet the post-launch aspects to the game are a big factor to the longevity, so it will be interesting to see how reviewers score it.

Some 7.0's will come no doubt. Could be a real marmite one this...

Pretty much what i'm thinking. : peace:

I think the voice chat thing won't be that big an issue for most reviews but content/options may bite it in the butt. I think the 2 maps rotation thing may be held against it as well.

I think there's no doubt it will, and should, be praised for the visual style and the mechanics used. The soundtrack may get a good shout out from a few people, despite me not really taking to it. Sorry, @RedShell. :D

The Splatoon pack I ordered from Nintendo is now tracking as out for delivery. :yay:

I've just checked my tracking as well and strangely it says mine is out for delivery. It only got shipped yesterday. Weird.

I'm honestly not expecting it to arrive though. I'm actually hoping it doesn't as I have Metroid: OM to finish and i'll be out the best part of tonight.

This is worrying. You guys all have it out for delivery but my tracking is just not working after it was working last night...

This is worrying. You guys all have it out for delivery but my tracking is just not working after it was working last night...

It will be fine. You stressed out over your Charizard Amiibo and that worked out ok. Relax. You'll probably be playing this before most of us on here. : peace:

It will be fine. You stressed out over your Charizard Amiibo and that worked out ok. Relax. You'll probably be playing this before most of us on here. : peace:

Tracking being removed is very worrying, though. It's different to amiibo not shipping :/

Tracking being removed is very worrying, though. It's different to amiibo not shipping :/

You'll get it by Friday I'm sure. My Splatoon order still says "Awaiting Stock/Release" on thegamecollection. It's 5 days since I e-mailed them and I've heard nothing. I've tried Tweeting them too. Nothing. I'm resigned to getting it on Tuesday at the earliest now. I'm going to f*cking lay into them when/if that happens because they probably think they can do that with my Yoshi's Woolly World order as well. I give them loads of business. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush arrived yesterday. There are people that had Splatoon delivered yesterday and will do so again today while my game hasn't moved from their warehouse.

Edited by Wii

The soundtrack may get a good shout out from a few people, despite me not really taking to it. Sorry, @RedShell. :D
It's all good. :) No problem with people not digging the stuff I like, I'm a fan of Wii Music after all. :heh:

My concern right now is that my copy of the game hasn't shipped yet... :shakehead

You'll get it by Friday I'm sure. My Splatoon order still says "Awaiting Stock/Release" on thegamecollection. It's 5 days since I e-mailed them and I've heard nothing. I've tried Tweeting them too. Nothing. I'm resigned to getting it on Tuesday at the earliest now. I'm going to f*cking lay into them when/if that happens because they probably think they can do that with my Yoshi's Woolly World order as well. I give them loads of business. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush arrived yesterday. There are people that had Splatoon delivered yesterday and will do so again today while my game hasn't moved from their warehouse.

Mine is also from the game collection. I also got kirby from them as a test run and that came on day of release. Makes little difference to me at the moment as I am on holiday and won't get to play it until next week anyway.