NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

But that map issues every 4 hours, so so weird. Can @Ronnie @Serebii explain that away? You've been pretty impressive explaining some truly awful and baffling decisions, I feel even this one will allude you!

I was actually already considering this when I first heard of it - and my speculation is they do their online differently. I don't know too much about COD but I think it was similar to Halo where the mutliplayer servers were essentially just matchmaking servers - once setup a player actually ends up hosting the game and it's all just a P2P setup of sorts rather than a central world/server(because a game is self-contained and concludes when it's done, rather than being persistent) - the downside is that if a host leaves or there's pingouts then you get a pause where the game re-hosts itself.

I'm going to suppose that for now - Splatoon is going to have the match itself hosted on a server such that if there are dropouts that aren't you then you won't notice anything and the pinged player will be taken over by AI(this was a feature in MKDS iirc no?). Essentially if the other 7 people you're playing with disappear - you theoretically won't even notice. If you are rotating 2 stages at a time it gives more focus for this approach, and a tighter control on the variation/need for less servers and spreading of resources.

Ofc - I haven't played the game at all yet in the testfires - but I'd ask those that have; were there any mid-match interruptions or once started did they run from start to finish without issues? On my speculation I'd hazard a guess there weren't, and if so would think it'd lend support to the above idea if so.

@Rummy: I only played the during the last testfire, but i had no issues at all. Everything ran smooth. Although i got the time wrong by an hour and so missed the earlier problems everyone reported.

Just realised that if the game doesn't arrive in Fridays post then it'll be Tuesday at the earliest that I'll get it because of the bank holiday here. Better not happen. Still haven't got aresponse to my e-mails from them. I'll chew their heads off if it's late. Kirby was ordered and despatched before 9a.m. on Friday from thegamecollection so I'll see how long that takes. Another company took well over a week to deliver Watch Dogs. Thegamecollection are normally good so I hope they don't let me down. Definitely won't get it Thursday like some of ye.

Just realised that if the game doesn't arrive in Fridays post then it'll be Tuesday at the earliest that I'll get it because of the bank holiday here. Better not happen. Still haven't got aresponse to my e-mails from them. I'll chew their heads off if it's late. Kirby was ordered and despatched before 9a.m. on Friday from thegamecollection so I'll see how long that takes. Another company took well over a week to deliver Watch Dogs. Thegamecollection are normally good so I hope they don't let me down. Definitely won't get it Thursday like some of ye.

Their twitter account seems to respond to people. You tried that?

Their twitter account seems to respond to people. You tried that?

Nope. I'll try that later. Thanks.

So @Serebii when did Nintendo say how many different game modes were coming and how many was that number?

So @Serebii when did Nintendo say how many different game modes were coming and how many was that number?

I'm sure they said 2 before August. And 2 at aubust

I'm sure they said 2 before August. And 2 at aubust

So not craploads.

So not craploads.

Seems a decent amount to me. Especially if they're all good. Beats playing the one mode on cod ive been playing for 10 years :)

tumblr_norgjwTM9l1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Pressing the ZR Button while in the plaza will zoom the camera in. Try zooming in on a piece of Miiverse “graffiti” and you’ll be able to give that post a “Yeah!” Be a good squidizen and give a “Yeah!” to images you like. Also, we’re told the zoom-in camera may also have another use…

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Edited by Wii

Splatoon Music Samples Playlist

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Music is an aspect that I've heard a few times mentioned before in previews. While what's there is great, there's supposedly not enough of it and it's repeated a lot. Can anyone with review copies confirm or deny this? @Mr\-Paul

Edited by Wii

I've never been a fan of this music in the game and so far have found it quite forgettable, well apart from the extended trailer tune. That thing is stuck in my head. :D

Mine's been shipped too. I was thinking it would be amazing if I got it tomorrow, but then i remembered I'm playing football and have a friend over so it would make it more torturous!

Mine has shipped. I didn't have the heart to cancel it.

What Mike wrote was enough to convince me to keep the order. I imagine the campaign will be enjoyable enough and the amount of custom stuff to unlock will keep me busy, even if I do end up finding the online stuff to be lacking.

What Mike wrote was enough to convince me to keep the order. I imagine the campaign will be enjoyable enough and the amount of custom stuff to unlock will keep me busy, even if I do end up finding the online stuff to be lacking.

Never in a million years were you ever going to cancel it :)

Aren't you getting the special edition to make sure you get the squid amiibo?!

Come August, you'll be raving about the content :)

Never in a million years were you ever going to cancel it :)

Aren't you getting the special edition to make sure you get the squid amiibo?!

I was just going to get him off ebay if I didn't buy the game. :D

My copy has been shipped, should be here tomorrow. :D

Current status: With Yodel

Your parcel is currently expected to be delivered by: Friday, 29th May 2015

I'm worried :( I won't be here on Friday

I'm worried :( I won't be here on Friday

Aww what? they're holding the parcels until then... that sucks. :(

Oh well, still glad I went with the limited edition, it may well have cost a few squid extra but it will surely be worth it. :)

Will anyone want a Squid girl Amiibo? it seems i never cancelled my Game order for one, so i've got one coming from Shopto and Game now

drop me a PM if anyone is interested