NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

This game just looks mint.

It's just going to be amazing!!

So, it has come to this: can Splatoon be to Nintendo what Team Fortress 2 is to Valve?

Watching the stream...YES. It's everything as wanted a Nintendo shooter to be. A sweet single player mode going through these bright, sunny industrial towns would be nice too. I NEED more info. It can't just be a multiplayer game as it wouldn't have such a huge showing and be coming out late. It looks done as just a multiplayer game.

@tapedack I'd post a Thanks, but it seems I've run out today! :D

It's been a GOOD day. And there's more to come! :shakehead:bowdown::)

It does actually look to be a lot of fun, one to keep an eye on i think.

First impression while looking at the intro animation was... "For f**ks sake!".

After watching actual gameplay was "Seems like a clever, original game, not just a gimmick fest".

By the time I watched the treehouse showing, I was sold. And am I the only one who gets a sort of Dreamcast vibe off this?

Just watched the E3 presentation.. This was one of the highlights (well, thinking in hindsight, there were many highlights, but this was one of the more exciting ones while watching it).

It seems like so much fun, and a welcome variation on the multiplayer shooter genre. The gameplay mechanics just look perfect. Looking forward to this.

Although at first I was thinking it would be a Blob 3 announcement.

This is going to be something very special I reckon, looks like such a laugh. :)

Yet another 2015 title though... :blank:

Also the game brings back great memories of... :D

(which was also a shooter with paint involved :P)

Edited by Retro_Link

This was an amazingly stand-out title for me. What with the family friendly shooter approach. And, looking at some of the different weapons on show, and the possibility of different modes, (they showed the Turf Wars mode), I can seeing this having some wonderful depth to it.

Looking forward to 2015.

This looks like so much fun. Doesn't really need a single player really, just as long as the multiplayer is as good as it's promise.

Everytime I look at this I can't help but think to myself "REALLY!? This is being made by EAD!?"

It's just soooooo un-Nintendo like in style! The art style is very western (closest example is K.N.D or DeBlob), the genre is more or less completely new to Nintendo, the gameplay set is very modern (they even have killcams, re-spawning, the works!), it's online focused, the music is nothing like anything they've ever done before...

It does look completely brilliant though! Such utterly genius ideas! :D Great use of the Gamepad too!

Looks like a real winner! :D

This looks like so much fun. Doesn't really need a single player really, just as long as the multiplayer is as good as it's promise.

maybe a set of missions that require use of different techniques. Using different weapons, laying ambush, jumping across the map to help team mates, finding opponents by using the map and seeing where your ink is being over inked. Have a scoring system so people can try and improve their personal best scores, compare against friends etc.

At least two of the creators looked like new blood, but I don't know if this is true...

Also the game brings back great memories of... :D

(which was also a shooter with paint involved :P)

Aw maaaan! SMTV never fails to get me nostalgic.

MMMMMMMMMISTYYYY!

Why can't ITV be as good as that anymore?

At least two of the creators looked like new blood, but I don't know if this is true...

Supposedly they worked on NSMB2 last, so they're not new to Nintendo.

Hah, looks like I wasn't the only one thinking this:

Originally Posted by Porcile

Who were the guys developing the game? I've not seen them before. Nice to see a new generation of talent coming through at Nintendo.

Reaction:

Hisashi Nogami Producer - Directed Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World, & Animal Crossing City Folk. Also involved in creating Miis. Now Producer at EAD 2.

Yusuke Amano - Director - Directed New Super Mario Brothers 2

Tsubasa Sakaguchi - Director. This is basically his first game project as a director. Graphic designer/character designer for games like Twilight Princess and Nintendo Land.

NINTENDO would do well to do these kind of behind the scenes developer talks more often accompanying Iwata Asks perhaps...

Edit:

The Fan Art for this game?

Already amazing.

xpCilu9.jpg

Is this a stab at a particular poster from a game or just a general stab at gritty shooters?

Edit:

Never mind, it's a crack at this:

252.300.jpg

Edited by Fused King

It seems even if nintendo management haven't been willing to do any western style games (or inspired ones) that their developers have paid attention and been ready for the chance....

I actually really want this game...NOW

I was just about to come here and say the same thing about the fanart. It's all over tumblr, really seems to have struck a chord. :D

tumblr_n6zhlatKF31qjod6ko1_500.png

Also:

tumblr_n6zkwaikkg1t5rr06o1_500.jpg

Edited by gaggle64