NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I have contacts. They're actually quite irritating on the eyes. ;)

So now it seems that it'll be on sale in-store at GAME on Monday. I'd post a link but apparently I don't need to.

Nah, of course I'll provide a link. I'm not that conceited, arrogant or obnoxious.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=954655

A bit $h1t€ for everyone outside of the UK. GAME are scum and dead in Ireland. Not a problem for me at least.

It's not very good marketing and it won't do much for its chart placement.

This is insane! Nintendo are so reliant on GAME that they're seriously willing to give them a 2 week headstart over everybody else!?

Is Shibata sleeping with the head of GAME or something!? No way will the likes of Shopto and Amazon take this lying down... I get the feeling that we'll be seeing some nasty knock on effects from this...

Edited by Dcubed

This is insane! Nintendo are so reliant on GAME that they're seriously willing to give them a 2 week headstart over everybody else!?

Is Shibata sleeping with the head of GAME or something!? No way will the likes of Shopto and Amazon take this lying down... I get the feeling that we'll be seeing some nasty knock on effects from this...

I'd say it'd have been arguably fine if it was just in retail stores, but the fact the online was allowed to do it means it could be detrimental.

Not to mention the furore and threats of legal action that was made before about some retailers when they broke the release date by a couple of days for Nintendo games. Now GAME are getting the jump on everyone else by 2 weeks in some cases. You can't have it both ways.

Not to mention the furore and threats of legal action that was made before about some retailers when they broke the release date by a couple of days for Nintendo games. Now GAME are getting the jump on everyone else by 2 weeks in some cases. You can't have it both ways.

Actually they can. If Nintendo gave the ok here, it's fine. End of.

Someone contacted ShopTo about this

I've spoken to shopto and they are insisting that the release date is the 9th, they told me that they do not believe any title would release on the 2nd and that even if it's true it would be impossible for them to meet the release date due to restricted postal service including no deliveries on the 1st.

Think about it, this is a retailer that promises to deliver before on on the release date, in captain toads case that's almost impossible for them.

This is why shopto are saying the release date is the 9th, it's to cover their backs when they can't make the 1st.

Hmm... Someone I know just came up with an interesting theory...

What if Dec 17/19 was the original intended release date all along and that NOE were forced to push it back to Jan 2nd/9th because retailers refused to carry it any earlier?

The idea being that GAME were the only ones willing to stock it before Xmas, because everyone else wanted to focus their shelf space/website layout on the big multi platform sellers and refused to make room for Captain Toad.

Certainly not a mad suggestion. Would explain the weird release date shuffling that Nintendo have been doing recently with Smash Wii U and Captain Toad... Would also explain the strange choice to just about skip Xmas with Captain Toad in Europe...

I heard another theory. Recently, Nintendo of Europe has been changing warehouses etc. and they planned these later release dates because they thought they wouldn't have stuff ready by then, but they're actually ahead of their plans and that's why Smash got moved up, amiibo Wave 2 showed up early, and now this

I heard another theory. Recently, Nintendo of Europe has been changing warehouses etc. and they planned these later release dates because they thought they wouldn't have stuff ready by then, but they're actually ahead of their plans and that's why Smash got moved up, amiibo Wave 2 showed up early, and now this

I don't think that applies to Captain Toad though because other retailers already have the game in stock but aren't selling it till next year.

Seemingly it's just GAME selling it here in this case...

I would have said Nintendo shipped it to stores early with it being Christmas and retailers decided to ship it early. ::shrug:

Fortune Street shipped early when that came out and that was due late December/early January if I remember right.

My order's still at unshipped. Hope I wasn't to late ordering.

Edit: nm, got a processing email. Complaining on the internet works.

Edited by Ike

Massive thanks for the heads up Serebii, mine's been shipped as well now.

Pukemon

That tops Captain Turd and Amoeba. Stunning wit. Now if you didn't also have to rely on two decade old Simpsons gags to try and be funny you'd be grand.

Edited by Ronnie

Shopto have started processing my order. GAME have already shipped my order. :/

I wonder if they are protectively processing orders to stop cancellations? Or if you'll actually get your copy before the official release date?

Shopto have started processing my order. GAME have already shipped my order. :/

Thanks for the heads up. They hadn't started mine so I managed to get it cancelled.

EDIT: Scratch that. The crackers have now started to process the order, despite me just cancelling it and recieving an email saying that it has indeed been cancelled. Dodgy gits!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Thanks for the heads up. They hadn't started mine so I managed to get it cancelled.

EDIT: Scratch that. The crackers have now started to process the order, despite me just cancelling it and recieving an email saying that it has indeed been cancelled. Dodgy gits!

Maybe you could send the second copy to @Wii as a Christmas gift. :p

Maybe you could send the second copy to @Wii as a Christmas gift. :p

Please do. Fuel for the fire is always welcome. Or I could make one of those video games in a microwave clips on Youtube. Or flush it down the toilet and see if it's a floater. It'll be a floater in terms of sales.

Shopto have charged my account as of 1pm today. This is a surprise, get Far Cry done over the weekend then i could have Captain Toad and Kirby to play over the holidays.

All this hype is making me want to pick this up, but I know I already have too much to play! It does look lovely. I haven't even got 3D World yet so should probably buy that first and see what inspired this :)

I wasn't planning on getting Captain Toad, but after playing a demo it changed my mind. Maybe Nintendo are firing all cylinders for the holiday season, get this out early and see what happens.

Nice Christmas surprise after all! Wouldn't have felt right playing it in January.

It'll be a floater in terms of sales.

There we have it, Wii predicting buoyant sales for captain toad! well we shall see!