NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Mummy-Me Maze Forever DONE :yay:

My heart was pounding as soon as I reached level 43 or 44 and started to think I was going to finally do it. I took a hit soon after and was doing my best to stay focused throughout the chaos :shakehead Thankfully, a perfectly positioned Super Pickax towards the exit of level 48 meant I could plough through most of level 49.. and then that was that :grin:

It was such a relief, in the end, as it was a little draining going through it several times in a row only to be denied and having to start from scratch.. but I feel like quite the lad now, even if I was disappointed not to see a little more fanfare to celebrate the achievement :heh:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is AWESOME and I would urge anyone still sitting on the fence to pick it up. It definitely feels substantial and not just a slice of Super Mario 3D World DLC :hehe: It took me 18 hours 29 minutes, apparently!

I'm not sure if I'll ever have the Toad Amiibo for the additional content but I'm so glad I picked the game up :bouncy:

I'd love to see Nintendo announce some DLC or better yet, a sequel at E3.

Mummy-Me Maze Forever DONE :yay:

My heart was pounding as soon as I reached level 43 or 44 and started to think I was going to finally do it. I took a hit soon after and was doing my best to stay focused throughout the chaos :shakehead Thankfully, a perfectly positioned Super Pickax towards the exit of level 48 meant I could plough through most of level 49.. and then that was that :grin:

It was such a relief, in the end, as it was a little draining going through it several times in a row only to be denied and having to start from scratch.. but I feel like quite the lad now, even if I was disappointed not to see a little more fanfare to celebrate the achievement :heh:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is AWESOME and I would urge anyone still sitting on the fence to pick it up. It definitely feels substantial and not just a slice of Super Mario 3D World DLC :hehe: It took me 18 hours 29 minutes, apparently!

I'm not sure if I'll ever have the Toad Amiibo for the additional content but I'm so glad I picked the game up :bouncy:

Congrats, dude!

It's such a rush when you're nearing the end and you know just one wrong move could end it all. I'm glad you pushed through and finished this final stage. Well done!

I just started this game at the weekend.

What a refreshing little gem! Not only does it look lovely, but it is polished in every way and oozes with charm and attention to detail. I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I have, so far I would really recommend this to anyone. It's just pure gameplay bliss, no huge story, no giant over world - just streamlined bite size gaming excellence.

What a refreshing little gem! Not only does it look lovely, but it is polished in every way and oozes with charm and attention to detail. I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I have, so far I would really recommend this to anyone. It's just pure gameplay bliss, no huge story, no giant over world - just streamlined bite size gaming excellence.

Easily one of my favourite Wii U games. I honestly love it to bits.

@Blade get the thing bought!

I was quite indifferent to the Captain Toad stages in Super Mario 3D World so was pleasantly surprised by just how great Treasure Tracker was :hehe:

I definitely consider it to be one of my favourite Wii U games and am waiting for the Toad Amiibo to drop in price so that I have an excuse to dive back into the game :grin:

I was quite indifferent to the Captain Toad stages in Super Mario 3D World so was pleasantly surprised by just how great Treasure Tracker was :hehe:

I definitely consider it to be one of my favourite Wii U games and am waiting for the Toad Amiibo to drop in price so that I have an excuse to dive back into the game :grin:

I am so glad to read this. I have the same feeling about the Super Mario 3D World mini games, but I love the look of the gameplay, so wasn't sure if I will enjoy it.

Now at least I am sure that I will get it as soon as I finish some of the games I have.

Same as @Hero\-of\-Time, easily one of my favourite Wii U games. It's a real gem. I really hope we get a sequel

I never quite got round to finishing this game... so I was going to correct that yesterday... I popped the disc in. the splash screen loaded.... the music played... and played.. and played :|
Pretty sure it didn't take 10 minutes to load last time... hitting the home button doesn't give the "home not allowed" symbol thing.. nothing. The only thing I could do was restart my Wii U. I checked the disc, no scratch, but the game just won't work for me :( Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

I never quite got round to finishing this game... so I was going to correct that yesterday... I popped the disc in. the splash screen loaded.... the music played... and played.. and played :|
Pretty sure it didn't take 10 minutes to load last time... hitting the home button doesn't give the "home not allowed" symbol thing.. nothing. The only thing I could do was restart my Wii U. I checked the disc, no scratch, but the game just won't work for me :( Any ideas?

That's really bizarre! Do your other disc based games work? Sounds like the Wii U's having trouble reading the disc...

If your other games work fine, you could try cleaning the disc; if that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what to suggest other than to get another copy.

Other discs work in the Wii U, captain toad did last time I tried too :( I've really looked closely at the disc, I can't see any blemishes or anything like that, but I suppose it is possible the disc is damaged in some way. It's stored in it's box and I always handle my discs with care. I'm stumped, I had a similar issue with my GC later in it's life with a few games, they would run on the Wii when I got it but not on my GC, and I heard of similar issues with the Wii sometimes struggling to play certain games (like smash bros brawl).
But Captain toad isn't a game I thought of as pushing the Wii U hardware particularly hard so... I am a bit baffled. Hopefully my Wii U disc drive isn't giving up on me!!!