NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I've not started on this yet but it seems like the Maltesers of video games, you can't stop yourself from playing just one more level.

Got fed up of waiting for Game to dispatch the order I placed yesterday, so I cancelled. We have an Argos over the road from my office so me and a colleague nipped over and got one apiece. Bit annoying paying the extra fiver, but at least I can play it tonight. To be honest, I wasn't that fussed for this game until I saw the video, but was hooked after that. This and Smash Bros have inspired me to dust off my Wii U.

Yeah mine turned up too - and my falcon and little mac amiibo - great day all round!! :) Can't wait to play this, annoyingly my girlfriends mum and dad are coming for the weekend... they're so selfish!!

I finish work (well, pretty much) so going to have a 9-7 day job of playing games over christmas!!!

This and Smash Bros have inspired me to dust off my Wii U.

Yeah, I never realised I wanted a game like this... yet it arrives and I find it is just what my library was missing!

What I think I enjoy most about this game is that I can just leave toad in a safe spot, go downstairs, make a cup of coffee, get back and nothing has been lost. I know that isn't new in puzzle games, technically a lot have that feature (or can be paused).. but I find often they feel more stressy, so I feel I can't leave them, or they are boring!

I guess the whole setting feels so peaceful (even with the "baddies" and other perils on the stage!) that I feel fine just leaving Captain toad to soak up the atmosphere while I spin the stage round and decide what I'll have him explore next!

I just love the small touches. I was around a corner from a Shy Guy doing its patrol, but the headlamp was on and Shy Guy noticed it, stopped, and stared at Captain Toad. Turned the headlamp off and it just went on its merry way.

The way Toad reacts to the enemies and environment is amazing.

I love this game.

HAHA, I was just playing on level 6, reminded me a little bit of splinter cell... then after I completed it I see the special mission for that level :D

Got in from the flicks 20 mins ago and fired this straight up. I adore it already. :D

I knew there were treasures to get but wasn't aware that there were little sub missions to each level as well! I just had to replay the second stage to clear that mission. This gives some welcome replay value to the game.

I've only done the first four levels and already had a eureka moment when hunting for a diamond. I can see these moments being a regular thing. :)

I adore it already. :D

I knew there were treasures to get but wasn't aware that there were little sub missions to each level as well!

I've only done the first four levels and already had a eureka moment when hunting for a diamond. I can see these moments being a regular thing. :)

This game really is an unexpected surprise, it has so much character. I caved and completed the second chapter a little earlier... got to the first boss level, which I thought was spoiled, because I had seen elements before, but my memory was sufficiently faded to keep it fresh enough :)

Also... that golden page! I wasted it a little though, I hope I get another chance later on!

Has Game gone back to 02/01/15 release?

Their release calender says the 2nd and when I ordered earlier today I didn't get a dispatch email, instead I've had an email saying I will recieve it on release?

Has Game gone back to 02/01/15 release?

Their release calender says the 2nd and when I ordered earlier today I didn't get a dispatch email, instead I've had an email saying I will recieve it on release?

Hope not, that certainly wouldn't be fair considering people have got the game already.

My nephew's response "When I first saw it I though "ugh I don't want to play that" but now, it's really good!"

My only gripe is the inability to turn off gyro. It sometimes overrides my control stick, especially in the shooting levels

Just fully finished episode one, nabbing all the gems and doing all the sidequests. Absolute joy to play but I'm gonna call it a night and pick it back up tomorrow.

I've been playing it on the GamePad and noticed you can stun enemies by pressing on them and also break blocks without having to use the pick axe!

@Hero\-of\-Time

What's your honest. Non-biased impressions of the game?

@Hero\-of\-Time

What's your honest. Non-biased impressions of the game?

Very easy so far but full of charm, colour and character. The game requires you to constantly move the camera around to find little secrets and generally work out where to go and what to do. I have zero issues with this but I know it may annoy some players.

If you aren't the kind of player to get 100% then the game has chance to be over very fast. Apparently you can fully finish the game in around 10 hours. It took me a couple of hours to 100% the first episode, which consisted of 18 stages. Had I just went for the star then this time would have been dramatically reduced.

I knew all of this going in but it didn't bother me the slightest. I always knew it was going to be a short but very sweet experience.

Very easy so far but full of charm, colour and character. The game requires you to constantly move the camera around to find little secrets and generally work out where to go and what to do. I have zero issues with this but I know it may annoy some players.

If you aren't the kind of player to get 100% then the game has chance to be over very fast. Apparently you can fully finish the game in around 10 hours. It took me a couple of hours to 100% the first episode, which consisted of 18 stages. Had I just went for the star then this time would have been dramatically reduced.

I knew all of this going in but it didn't bother me the slightest. I always knew it was going to be a short but very sweet experience.

Cheers mate. After all the slagging off i've done I may just get it.

Can't resist that Nintendo charm.

The fact that the game comes in episodes (and even refers to Episode 2 as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2) makes me think that maybe this game was going to be a few episodic eShop titles but they then changed their mind when they saw how good it was

The fact that the game comes in episodes (and even refers to Episode 2 as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2) makes me think that maybe this game was going to be a few episodic eShop titles but they then changed their mind when they saw how good it was

Yup, I was gonna mention the same thing. This seems especially obvious due to the fact that you....

get credits after you finish the first episode.

Been up since half six this morning and put this straight on. :D Nearing the end of episode 2 now.

EDIT: Yup. This was certainly set for an eShop release. Just finished episode 2 and...

It said to be continued.

Seems strange that they didnt just get rid of these messages and make it into one big game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Yup, I was gonna mention the same thing. This seems especially obvious due to the fact that you....

get credits after you finish the first episode.

Been up since half six this morning and put this straight on. :D Nearing the end of episode 2 now.

EDIT: Yup. This was certainly set for an eShop release. Just finished episode 2 and...

It said to be continued.

Seems strange that they didnt just get rid of these messages and make it into one big game.

We shouldn't have noted this, now Wii is going to go on a rant :p

We shouldn't have noted this, now Wii is going to go on a rant :p

He can rant all he wants. It still won't stop me from loving this game. Besides, even if they did put it in episodes on the eShop, I still would have preferred a boxed release and would have waited for one. I'm doing the same with Resident Evil Revelations 2. Screw digital! Boxed goods FTW!

He can rant all he wants. It still won't stop me from loving this game. Besides, even if they did put it in episodes on the eShop, I still would have preferred a boxed release and would have waited for one. I'm doing the same with Resident Evil Revelations 2. Screw digital! Boxed goods FTW!

Err... Episodes in game don't mean that it was going to be released episodically...

Okami was made up of different "episodes", as was Resident Evil Revelations 1, Puppeteer and the Panzer Dragoon games.

It's just a framing device. Lots of games have used it before. It's pretty common actually, especially if you substitute the word "episode" for "chapter" - then you can include pretty much half of all single player games ever made into that category :p

Err... Episodes in game don't mean that it was going to be released episodically...

Okami was made up of different "episodes", as was Resident Evil Revelations 1, Puppeteer and the Panzer Dragoon games.

It's just a framing device. Lots of games have used it before. It's pretty common actually, especially if you substitute the word "episode" for "chapter" - then you can include pretty much half of all single player games ever made into that category :p

Yeah, Im well aware that other games have done like this before. I'm just ain't buying it for this title though.