NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Please do. Fuel for the fire is always welcome. Or I could make one of those video games in a microwave clips on Youtube. Or flush it down the toilet and see if it's a floater. It'll be a floater in terms of sales.

You know, the more you rip on Captain Toad, the more you make me want to buy it, just to help prove you wrong.

Your hate on it is near comical at this point.

You know, the more you rip on Captain Toad, the more you make me want to buy it, just to help prove you wrong.

Imagine if this becomes another of Nintendo's beloved franchises, that we will be enjoying for years to come!

There we have it, Wii predicting buoyant sales for captain toad! well we shall see!

You do know what a floater is right? I've 2 definitions, neither of which are good. :D

Your hate on it is near comical at this point.

You should want to buy it because you think it's good not because someone else doesn't like it.

I'm going to buy both Steam World Dig and Shovel Knight on the eShop this evening for half the price of CT: TT. I'm not worried what anybody thinks, I know they're good. Sorry, they're great. That's probably what CT:TT should be, an eShop game. Which makes me think, should this and will this be released on the eShop tomorrow now?

Imagine if this becomes another of Nintendo's beloved franchises, that we will be enjoying for years to come!

*Shudders*

Captain Toad is a fully functional and fully viable retail release. Why should it be an "eShop" game?

Captain Toad is a fully functional and fully viable retail release.

Like...what does that even mean?

That's like something a GAME employee would tell you.

@Wii, with you having no interest in buying this game, why are you always posting in this thread?

People come in here to discuss the game and all they get is you slagging it off.

Like...what does that even mean?

That's like something a GAME employee would tell you.

It's determined by size, budget etc.

All this hype is making me want to pick this up

Da world has gone to shit if two week early release is hype.

They probably had planned to have it out in time for Christmas but said January 2nd because if things worked out the opposite way, announcing it for release before Christmas and then it slipping into the New Year they'd have been lombasted. No company in their right mind wants to miss out on the Christmas market and release it instead when peoples pockets are empty and are miserable in January. The way they've gone about it has been a bit of a disaster though. And another thing they'd no other Wii U release in December.

Yes please! The more CT games the better!

Also a physical version with a holographic Toad inside a box would be amazing! That would certainly improve people's QoL! :yay:

I too hope the Captain Toad game goes into a series like Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi, Wario etc.

Shopto have started processing my order. GAME have already shipped my order. :/

Thanks for the heads up. They hadn't started mine so I managed to get it cancelled.

EDIT: Scratch that. The crackers have now started to process the order, despite me just cancelling it and recieving an email saying that it has indeed been cancelled. Dodgy gits!

Are Shopto dispatching the game today? I ask because from what I've been reading it's that they're just taking your money now before you cancel your order with them and order from GAME instead. Has anybody got a dispatched confirmation?

And it seems to be available everywhere from Monday according to MCV.

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/captain_toad_treasure_tracker/news/captain_toad_treasure_tracker_uk_release_date_brought_forward_to_monday_december_22_report.html

@lostmario - this is his idea of a 'bit of ribbing'.

I didn't say they were but Nintendo are brutal at advertising. Metroid and F-Zero have never had the same marketing campaigns as something like Mario. F-Zero GX had no advertising at all and it fails commercially, gee, what a surprise. These are the games people want, I don't remember hearing people ask for Captain Turd. But Nintendo have the assets sitting over from 3D World so they say to themselves, "where's that cookie-cutter"? And where did 3D World before it spring from? cook...ie...cut...ter.

Captain Turd is a turd. Yes it is lazy and no you can't polish a turd.

Here is another example of the incredible levels of humour that spills forth from him...

The Wii U finally has another third party exclusive and it's certainly that, a Turd. One of the last third party games and it's a disgraceful sign off.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/sonic-boom-the-rise-of-lyric-review 43%

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-review/1900-6415956/ 20%

Thanks for nothing SEGA. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I am going to help him out though, Devil's Third - that can easily be changed to Devil's Turd!

See what I did there, it almost rhymes as well! @Wii level humour is basically adding the word 'turd' into any game name or sentence - even when it doesn't make complete sense.

For example:

The Wii U finally has another third party exclusive and it's certainly that, a Turd.

You see, this sentence makes no sense, however it ends with the word 'Turd', hence he is probably rolling around the floor laughing.

Anxiously awaiting the postman

Will probably be tomorrow, though

Yeah, Game deliveries usually take a couple of days now, rather than the one. I didn't get Pokemon off them until the actual release day. Still, here's hoping!

Sorry Mrs Cheese Quiz I did not read for I do not want my eyes to bleed.

Doubt this will show up today, even if it will fit through the letterbox at home. Would be great if it did though.

Tomorrow or Monday is most likely...

ShopTo shipped!

:)

tumblr_nd7ielYeEg1t6jvvlo1_500.gif

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Christmas confirmed. :D

Yeah, Game deliveries usually take a couple of days now, rather than the one. I didn't get Pokemon off them until the actual release day. Still, here's hoping!

Yeah. My Pokémon from them was shipped the Tuesday but didn't arrive until the Friday. Think various publishers like Activision made it so GAME ships for release day now, not beforehand.

That said, others who had it shipped from GAME on Wednesday got it yesterday, so I should get mine today

Edited by Serebii

Paid for it at shopto last night usually they would dispatch by now , I think they may have stock issues .

Maybe GAME was the better choice after all