NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Mario Party 10

Did anybody try to buy this from Zavvi recently? I did and they sent me Super Smash Bros instead which would have been great had I not already got Smash Bros and the amiibo...

Did anybody try to buy this from Zavvi recently? I did and they sent me Super Smash Bros instead which would have been great had I not already got Smash Bros and the amiibo...

Yeah, I'm gonna put that in the 'funny vault'.

Did you tell them? That's what I would do.

Yeah, I'm gonna put that in the 'funny vault'.

Did you tell them? That's what I would do.

I'm going to contact them in the morning. There's no real rush because they've sold out of the Mario Party 10 + amiibo now. I was just wondering if anybody else here had the same issue.

Another super boomp on my part.

Out of interest as I never played this(tbh I forgot it exsited til this question came up in my mind) - how good was the Wii U gamepad usage for this, especially in terms of asymmetrical gaming experiences such as like in Nintendoland?

Another super boomp on my part.

Out of interest as I never played this(tbh I forgot it exsited til this question came up in my mind) - how good was the Wii U gamepad usage for this, especially in terms of asymmetrical gaming experiences such as like in Nintendoland?

It's a lot of fun, there are plenty of opportunities to mess with your friends head in Bowser Party.

The person playing with the Gamepad (Bowser) gets all sorts of opportunities to be an evil git with that Gamepad. Definitely some laughs to be had.

The big problem is there were only around 6 or 7 Bowser minigames, so it got a bit repetitive really quickly.

Missed opportunity there. But at least it tried to use the Gamepad.

Hmm. Wasn't something I was considering necessarily just kept thinking recently with the 3DS one out why there was never one on the Wii U as surely Mario Party was a perfect fit for gamepad usage - then I realised it did exist and wondered why I never heard its gamepad usage talked about on the same level as that of some of the Nintendoland games!

Yeah, it does make some good use of it (Bowser Party in particular is brilliant for that!), but it's just not as much as I would've liked to see. The quality is there, but I would've liked more in the way of quantity. That's the price you pay for HD I suppose...

Game is pretty great overall. I really liked this one, it has that mean streak back that has been missing from the last few games before it :)

The game itself is really fun in multiplayer and relatively fast paced for a Mario Party game. The classic mode is as good as always and has plenty of games on offer (classic mode meaning 4 Wii Remotes) but as these guys have said, whilst Bowser chase (or whatever it's called) is really fun it's just so limited. They really dropped the ball by not including more GamePad centric games.

So if you're after a Mario Party Experience then by all means go for this as it's a great entry but if you're just after a multiplayer party game then I'd definitely suggest Wii Party U over this. It has minigames that are more fun and whilst the boards are more limited (there's only really 2 classic Mario Party type boards) the extra modes are far better.

There's one that me and my friends play a lot which is a plinth about 5 stories high and when you pass a minigame you climb up a step with the first one to the top winning. Super simple but it cuts out the board game stuff and just lets you sink your teeth into the 70-something minigames.

There's also a few fun Nintendo Land type Minigames. There's one where you put the GamePad on one side of the room with the TV on another. The GamePad is a bucket of water and the TV needs filling, you have to go to the gamepad, scoop water up with your Wii Mote, carefully go to the TV and fill it up. It's really stupid but a lot of fun, there's a few quirky little games like this. One great one involves the Wii U camera (I actually forgot it had one) and you get given a ridiculous description like "convey deep sorrow after dropping an apple" and you have to take the best shot you can as everyone has to guess what you were acting out from 3 answers. It's the kinda fun and quirky 'Wii era' party game stuff you find in early Wii U games that you wouldn't find in a Mario Party but I guess it depends what kind of party experience you're after.

There's also a few fun Nintendo Land type Minigames. There's one where you put the GamePad on one side of the room with the TV on another. The GamePad is a bucket of water and the TV needs filling, you have to go to the gamepad, scoop water up with your Wii Mote, carefully go to the TV and fill it up. It's really stupid but a lot of fun

You forgot to mention the inevitable moment when one person decides to be "that guy" and gives an "encouraging little nudge" to another person.

Don't claim it never happened, because it totally does!

Wii Party U is an all-round more solid game for Gamepad usage, there's some nice, clever stuff there. Despite the fact that I never win because Wii Party and Wii Party U hates me.

Totally cursed when it comes to those games, you would not believe some of the bad-luck stories I've had.

In contrast, I tend to do really well in Mario Parties, especially those where you can play as Boo.

The game itself is really fun in multiplayer and relatively fast paced for a Mario Party game. The classic mode is as good as always and has plenty of games on offer (classic mode meaning 4 Wii Remotes) but as these guys have said, whilst Bowser chase (or whatever it's called) is really fun it's just so limited. They really dropped the ball by not including more GamePad centric games.

So if you're after a Mario Party Experience then by all means go for this as it's a great entry but if you're just after a multiplayer party game then I'd definitely suggest Wii Party U over this. It has minigames that are more fun and whilst the boards are more limited (there's only really 2 classic Mario Party type boards) the extra modes are far better.

There's one that me and my friends play a lot which is a plinth about 5 stories high and when you pass a minigame you climb up a step with the first one to the top winning. Super simple but it cuts out the board game stuff and just lets you sink your teeth into the 70-something minigames.

There's also a few fun Nintendo Land type Minigames. There's one where you put the GamePad on one side of the room with the TV on another. The GamePad is a bucket of water and the TV needs filling, you have to go to the gamepad, scoop water up with your Wii Mote, carefully go to the TV and fill it up. It's really stupid but a lot of fun, there's a few quirky little games like this. One great one involves the Wii U camera (I actually forgot it had one) and you get given a ridiculous description like "convey deep sorrow after dropping an apple" and you have to take the best shot you can as everyone has to guess what you were acting out from 3 answers. It's the kinda fun and quirky 'Wii era' party game stuff you find in early Wii U games that you wouldn't find in a Mario Party but I guess it depends what kind of party experience you're after.

Wii Party U provides some great moments with friends and I'm glad I took it as my free download during a Wii U promotional deal a couple of years ago :smile:

The games you mentioned, plus one where you all have to draw a specific item and try to decide who got given a different item from the rest, can be hilarious but my biggest grip with the game is constantly switching between Wii Remotes and the Gamepad. It's such a hassle :hmm:

Sign in to follow this