NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Mario Party 10

Nice to see that the evil Majora has finally been replaced with a more friendlier Mario Party banner. I see Luigi has been given the shaft though, as you can't see him when you sign in. Poor guy always gets the short end of the stick. :D

I see Luigi has been given the shaft though, as you can't see him when you sign in. Poor guy always gets the short end of the stick. :D
It just had to be done. :hehe:

*EDIT*

If anyone is feeling sorry for Luigi, then set your avatar to this:

3Z8450M.gif

:laughing:

Edited by RedShell

There was 5 in the bed and the little Toad said, "roll over, roll over!"

I see Luigi has been given the shaft though, as you can't see him when you sign in. Poor guy always gets the short end of the stick. :D

Still better treatment than he got on the Mario Party 9 boxart.

Anyway, not very often the King of Awesome gets center spotlight. So I approve!

BOO GOT CUT!

trashing-the-room-o.gif

Worst Mario Party ever!

(In all honesty, this game is hilarious, it's incredibly mean-spirited to all the players and takes every opportunity to have unfortunate things happen)

I'm so in the mood for some Mario Party right now.

I just wish I had someone to play it with.

It's not like me to say it, or moa about it, but online in a Mario Party game would be sooo amazing.

Still, I get paid tomorrow so might end up picking it up on a whim!

BOO GOT CUT!

trashing-the-room-o.gif

Worst Mario Party ever!

(In all honesty, this game is hilarious, it's incredibly mean-spirited to all the players and takes every opportunity to have unfortunate things happen)

Mine turned up, has it got rid of the ridiculous things that mean anyone can win it at the end and the rest of the match barely makes a difference?

Mine turned up, has it got rid of the ridiculous things that mean anyone can win it at the end and the rest of the match barely makes a difference?

Mario Party 4 did this (played this one heavily which is why I remember it), but I loved it.

Silly things like who landed on the most blue spaces, who won most mini games etc - it always meant that even if you'd had a shit game, or been screwed over and lost stars toward the end, you could still claim victory!! :yay:

What I loved about MP.

Someone please post amazingly positive impressions of the game to tempt me. :heh:

Mario Party 4 did this (played this one heavily which is why I remember it), but I loved it.

Silly things like who landed on the most blue spaces, who won most mini games etc - it always meant that even if you'd had a shit game, or been screwed over and lost stars toward the end, you could still claim victory!! :yay:

What I loved about MP.

Someone please post amazingly positive impressions of the game to tempt me. :heh:

That sounds incredibly crappy and very annoying just like in MK8 getting Squid in 12th and last place while people in 4th and 5th place are getting Bullet Bills.

I don't have impressions because I wouldn't touch this $h1t with a 10 foot stick but here's a review for you.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/mario-party-10-review/#

Enjoy :D

You don't think it sounds good? Shocker. So out of character.

And it was a little more fair than what MK is as it rewarded those who won the most mini games with a star and those who collected most coins etc. So not exactly an unfair boost at the end. But you don't know as you don't play it but thanks so much for your words of wisdom.

It's EGM's words of wisdom and there's plenty more where that came from. Would you like another review link?

Don't mind me, I'm just venting my anger at Nintendo for not having anything good this year released until at least May. And there's no guarantee that Splatoon will be great. So we've 3 games in the meantime that have been less than stellar, Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush and Mario Party 10.

I said it once Smash Bros. released that I probably won't buy a retail game for another year until Xenoblade X and Zelda release and nothing so far has changed my mind with the possible exception of Splatoon and maybe just maybe Yoshi's Woolly World but that remains to be seen.

"I wouldn't touch this $h1t with a 10 foot stick" is your words of wisdom and I'm alright for review links thanks. But I digress.

And I'm sorry to hear there's nothing that you want on the system. The MP10 thread may not be the best place to vent that though... I feel the same though, at the minute, which is why I game elsewhere too. But I'm aware that that solution is not for everyone.

Mario Party is a series I've always been fond of, so it could be the first purchase I make on a Nintendo system all year.

But I'm still on the fence.

What I loved about MP.

From what little I've played, the minigames are very high quality. And yes, there's still end of board rewards.

On my first game with @Dcubed, a brilliantly timed battle game got me from last to first. And then Rosalina (COM) got both the end bonuses and almost nicked my victory. I literally won by one star.

Amiibo party is intriguing, I used the Bowser Amiibo and it forced every minigame to be a Bowser one with everyone else against me.

So it seems different amiibos give different effects to the person using it. It's really cool. (And it's nice to have the choice to use the old-school MP rules, why not both, indeed?)

Haven't tried Bowser party yet.

Sounds good.

Do you use the game pad or can you use the pro pad. Or whatever it's called. I get confused...

I'd rather not use the wii remote or are there mini games that require it?!

Sounds good.

Do you use the game pad or can you use the pro pad. Or whatever it's called. I get confused...

I'd rather not use the wii remote or are there mini games that require it?!

Some minigames require the Wii Remote, I'm afraid.

Gamepad is used by whoever is playing as Bowser.

In normal Mario Party. Bowser is literally caged on the Gamepad. If you roll a 6, the 6 lock gets broken. There's one lock for each number.

You don't want him to escape, bad things happen if he escapes, especially to the person who let him loose...

While he's stuck there, he reacts to what's happening on the TV, he even starts to get really irritated if you're taking too long to let him out.

Lovely small little touches like that.

I'm still miffed with Boo getting cut. But the game is looking solid so far!

That actually sounds pretty cool.

Particularly the Bowser thing.

Nice to hear the mini games are solid, they generally are in MP which is part of the reason I like it.

I'm tempted as it's £34.99 at Argos for the amiibo figure too! Which seems like a great deal!

Anyone import the gold Amiibo ? Got one coming for £45

I'm crazy

You most certainly are. :heh:

I've just played through the first board and so far, so Mario Party. :D There was a crazy turn where Daisy managed to lose 8 stars, gain 10 and then lose another 5 all in one go.

I like that there are challenges/achievements in the game. It will give the single player some legs. I've already unlocked a few of them, as well as the secret characters and a bunch of other stuff from the shop.

I'm so in the mood for some Mario Party right now.

I just wish I had someone to play it with.

It's not like me to say it, or moa about it, but online in a Mario Party game would be sooo amazing.

Still, I get paid tomorrow so might end up picking it up on a whim!

It would be, as long as it has...uh...particular feature(s).

The idea of this plus a Mario(or other) amiibo is tempting me though, it'd be nice to have another Amiibo that my mates could help train on Smash, and if I got this+an amiibo for like £30 I'd probably bite. I have to say, they should really consider amiibo+game bundles as a big software selling option.

It would be, as long as it has...uh...particular feature(s).

The idea of this plus a Mario(or other) amiibo is tempting me though, it'd be nice to have another Amiibo that my mates could help train on Smash, and if I got this+an amiibo for like £30 I'd probably bite. I have to say, they should really consider amiibo+game bundles as a big software selling option.

It's 35 with an amiibo?! Not a bad price! If we do have a smash night then we can have a go at this, see if you like it!

Yeah, this game is great! Waaaayyy better than Island Tour! And probably even better than MP9 so far!

The only things that bother me about it are the lack of playable Boo (it's just not quite the same when you don't get to watch the absurdity of seeing Boo fall down holes and ice skate :laughing: ), the lack of a voice over announcer (seriously!? Nothing at all!? The first ever console Mario Party to not have one!? It's so wrong...) and the really basic and budget looking menus (there's not even a proper title screen!)

Otherwise, it's great! I love how it has that meanstreak back that was really lacking from Mario Party 9. Battle games are back, there are all new Steal spaces, Bowser plays a huge role (and his Bowser Space events are proper NASTY!!! - he's not afraid to suddenly just steal half of your ministars, just like that!). It's great! There are plenty of ways of screwing over the other players and it doesn't feel like it's afraid of breaking friendships :laughing:

The minigames are all proper quality as well so far. Not a single stinker! :D

Looking forward to trying out the rest of the boards/minigames and Bowser Party! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this