Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Mario Party 10

Oh, come on. I'm not a dwarf.

:p

No you're the kid getting slapped about by a midget(@Sheikah). :D

No you're the kid getting slapped about by a midget(@Sheikah). :D

I know...I was trying to turn it around. :blank:

This @Serebii is why I say there's no big quality release until Splatoon.

A roundup of the reviews so far for Mario Party 10:

Shacknews – 7 / 10

GameSpot – 6 / 10

Game Informer – 6 / 10

Nintendo Life – 7 / 10

Nintendo World Report – 6.5 / 10

Destructoid – 6 / 10

GamesBeat – 60 / 100

GamesRadar – 2.5 / 5

I'll add the links, just give me a minute or two.

Edited by Wii

Shacknews – 7 / 10

GameSpot – 6 / 10

Game Informer – 6 / 10

Nintendo Life – 7 / 10

Destructoid – 6 / 10

GamesBeat – 60 / 100

GamesRadar – 2.5 / 5

You changed it to big quality from jus "no releases". You sir, are a mover of goalposts.

Besides, most oftthese scores aren't bad, they're just good/average. I have no doubt this game would be a laugh with multiple people

The game's averaging 64% on Metacritic so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-party-10

You changed it to big quality from jus "no releases". You sir, are a mover of goalposts.

Besides, most oftthese scores aren't bad, they're just good/average. I have no doubt this game would be a laugh with multiple people

I added in "quality", I'll give you that but otherwise I didn't move the goalposts.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

This thread has 2 pages and there's already squabbling. Really fuckin tiring tbh.

Back to he game then, disappointing scores. I think the days of a good Mario Party are over. It's a shame as I get so excited when a new once is announced and they always do such a great job with the box art that whenever I see it on the shelf I really really want to buy it!! But it's just not worth it. They need to try and get a decent single player in there somehow even if it's just going through the board alone with no AI characters and trying to beat high scores on the board. Something like trying to complete the board in fewer steps or something, I dunno! Anything!! Just gimme a decent single player. The mini games alone are often the best part too so I'd be happy with a mode just made up of a small board and loads of mini games!

Maybe if it goes cheap (unlikely) I'll pick it up.

You sir, are a mover of goalposts.

Sorry, but this is one of the most overly formal responses I have ever seen to such silliness.

I expect you to be wearing a tux as you say this and remove one glove as you exclaim "are a mover of goalposts!"

Anyway, can we just talk about all the happy memories we have of playing Mario Party with friends when we were wee nippers?

Anyway, can we just talk about all the happy memories we have of playing Mario Party with friends when we were wee nippers?

I have no happy memories of Mario Party. My only memories are my bloodied palms after spinning that N64 stick round and round........and round.

The change in developer from Hudson to Nd Cube has done nothing to improve its quality. You've got to blame Nintendo. Do you think a main Mario game would be allowed out the front door in that state? Nintendo seem content with what it is, an average game that still gets sales despite its shortcomings. If they really cared, they'd make it themselves.

I remember the blisters, good old days!

I'll probably give this game a go at my next local StreetPass meetup, can't see myself buying it though.

That Yoshi amiibo looks enormous in the above youtube screen cap!

Shacknews – 7 / 10

GameSpot – 6 / 10

Game Informer – 6 / 10

Nintendo Life – 7 / 10

Destructoid – 6 / 10

GamesBeat – 60 / 100

GamesRadar – 2.5 / 5

So... marginally better than The Order 1886?

Come on, Mario Party games have never aired to huge critical acclaim. They're mini-game collections for parties. You sit around the screen and all join in the madness. It's never going to come away as a classic, it's just a bit of fun if you have a group of mates around and like that kinda thing.

Can we all just agree there are no 'winners' in these petty little arguments and they need to stop. EVERYONE comes off looking like a petty child.

The change in developer from Hudson to Nd Cube has done nothing to improve its quality. You've got to blame Nintendo. Do you think a main Mario game would be allowed out the front door in that state? Nintendo seem content with what it is, an average game that still gets sales despite its shortcomings. If they really cared, they'd make it themselves.

You do realise that NDCube IS Hudson right? (Most of Hudson's staff left to join ND Cube when Konami shuttered them, so the Wii Party and later Mario Party games were all made by the same staff who worked on the earlier ones...)

But what's new here? A Mario Party game comes out and gets slammed in reviews? What a shocker :indeed:

If you're a fan of the series, you know what to expect. The things that the series is lauded for (its heavy focus on luck and friendship breaking mayhem) is exactly what it gets slammed for in reviews :p

That being said, the comments about the game being lighter in terms of content than MP9 (from the NWR review) are a bit bothersome to me...

Also, only 10 Bowser Party minigames seems like a big letdown. I was hoping for many more but we'll see how it feels in the actual game. Maybe it'll end up working out well enough?

Edited by Dcubed

You do realise that NDCube IS Hudson right? (Most of Hudson's staff left to join ND Cube when Konami shuttered them, so the Wii Party and later Mario Party games were all made by the same staff who worked on the earlier ones...)

But what's new here? A Mario Party game comes out and gets slammed in reviews? What a shocker :indeed:

If you're a fan of the series, you know what to expect. The things that the series is lauded for (its heavy focus on luck and friendship breaking mayhem) is exactly what it gets slammed for in reviews :p

That being said, the comments about the game being lighter in terms of content than MP9 (from the NWR review) are a bit bothersome to me...

Also, only 10 Bowser Party minigames seems like a big letdown. I was hoping for many more but we'll see how it feels in the actual game. Maybe it'll end up working out well enough?

Yeah, the Bowser Party stuff seemed to be the most fun, and innovative use of the GamePad too, and only 10 games in it is a bit disappointing.

Well Ive bought it, 35 with a mario amiibo was pretty good, and I'll have fun with it with my family and nin gaming friends I'm sure!

Does it have the original mode? 20 turns for example, and who can buy the star for 20 coins, those were the days before they ruined Mario party .

Has any Mario Party ever been better than the original Mario Party? Is this?

(for ref I believe I've played the original, 4, and maybe...8?)

Has any Mario Party ever been better than the original Mario Party? Is this?

(for ref I believe I've played the original, 4, and maybe...8?)

2, 3, 6, DS. Maybe 9, but that depends on whether you like the new "Everyone travels together" style. (I love it! It's a much needed freshness)

My word, you played some awful Mario Party games though, 8 is possibly the worst of the series.

Had a laugh at the review here saying "No online is a negative"

Trust me, you'd never get one board game done online, the moment someone is clearly losing, they would disconnect!

Trust me, you'd never get one board game done online, the moment someone is clearly losing, they would disconnect!

I love it people assume that when playing online you can only play with random people. When people ask for online in Mario Party most are talking about so they can play with friends. You think your friends would disconnect if losing? Do they walk out mid game if losing when playing locally?

Yes, better to not give them this choice. We must also make sure that the game comes with a blindfold and a shield to protect them from the dangers of the outside world.

Mario Party 10: Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing

Yikes, you guys just pounced right on to that, didn't you?

I didn't think it through, my bad.

Sign in to follow this