NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Mario Party 10

Nice use of the Gamepad.

Why they can't use the character models from Mario Kart 8 or something though, and not what looks like Mario Party on Wii I don't know.

I originally dismissed this but just caught up on the trailer. That is some fantastic use of the GamePad.

Watchingo n the treehouse, looks kind of awful. The Bowser 5 player, Bowser has to chase the others, they played it and Bowser couldn't catch them, so the whole game was just them rolling dice... Terrible...

Watchingo n the treehouse, looks kind of awful. The Bowser 5 player, Bowser has to chase the others, they played it and Bowser couldn't catch them, so the whole game was just them rolling dice... Terrible...

They did quit that game as they couldn't show a "top secret" part they were heading towards, which was odd.

"My grandma is brilliant at Mario Party and she's dead" - Nintendo staff.

For some reason, they're not allowed to show past the first fortress.

Luck plays a pretty massive part in Mario Party so stuff like that is going to happen.

I'm loving the Bowser Minigames. So deliciously cruel! Hope there's loads more in the final product.

(And suddenly they're talking about a dead grandma... That got dark...

I don't doubt the mini games will be fun, I just think it's a weird way of playing when it becomes a chase game with rolls of a dice, think it could very often get boring. But I don't know, maybe it'll work!

Hopefully Bowser is just one mode. GamePad isn't needed for a fun, accessible Mario Party game.

It is, they have a traditional Mario Party mode too!

Traditional in the sense that Mario Party 9 was traditional.

Mario Party 9 is a lot of fun, though. So I'm all for it.

Wii U - Mario Party 10 Trailer

The European bundle of the game and Mario amiibo.

mario-party-10-bundle-eu.png

A close up of the boxart.

WiiU_MarioParty10_pkg.jpg

I absolutely love the MP franchise, but the series has been pretty shit for some time now. Mario party DS was a return to form after it completely lost its way, and I'm hoping this will be more stripped back and see a return to collecting stars to win.

The video shows Peach winning a star so it seems like it could be going back to that! The mini games are always solid though.

does 0:52 show a super mario series DK amiibo? and again, 0:59 rosalina without luma? will there be a daisy amiibo too? I'm guessing a second wave of super mario amiibos...

Overview of some of the boards plus a look at the dice.

121638_wupp_aba_bkgdc5subx.png

121642_wupp_aba_bkgdce5u29.png

121645_wupp_aba_bkgdc9bue3.png

121646_wupp_aba_bkgdcttuvz.png

121647_wupp_aba_bkgdcn2un9.png

121641_wupp_aba_item0evu53.png

Mario Party 10 details – amiibo Party, Bowser Party

A new preview from IGN shares more information about Mario Party 10. We have several details about amiibo Party plus Bowser Party.

View a summary of the latest tidbits below. IGN’s full preview is located here.

amiibo Party

– Won’t unlock on the main menu unless you have an amiibo

– Scan different amiibo to unlock a character-specific board skin

– Boards come with touches like Goombas, Toads, etc.

– Boards are split into four quadrants

– Each section can be swapped out with the corresponding piece from another character’s board

– Board has only one path

– Get around quickly with warp pipes

– Each amiibo acts as a player piece as well

– You can write one of several special tokens to the figure

– Token examples: roll five dice on a turn, veto a selected mini-game and start the selection process over (looks like a P-Switch)

– Using a token drops it from your figure, but you can discover more to replace it as you play

Bowser Party

– Party mode and Bowser Party are also in Mario Party 10, as previously mentioned

– Bowser Party: a fifth player on the GamePad assumes takes on the role of Bowser

– Up to four players on Wii remotes compete against Bowser in various mini-games

– Sinister Slots: Mario and friends are all running on a hamster wheel, Bowser can spin and stop it at odd intervals to throw off the other player’s timing so they run into stage hazards

– Clawful Climb: the four other players scale a tower to escape Boswer; the player with the GamePad rapidly taps ZL and ZR to build up enough energy to move Bowser’s hands

Amiibo Makes Mario Party 10 Better

Famitsu have reviewed Mario Party 10 and given it 8/8/8/9 or 33/40 or 82.5%.

Famitsu have reviewed Mario Party 10 and given it 8/8/8/9 or 33/40 or 82.5%.

Wow, that's a pretty solid score for a Mario Party game. Didn't expect that at all...

Man, don't read anything into Famitsu scores. :heh:

40/40 for Final Fantasy XII...

Man, don't read anything into Famitsu scores. :heh:

40/40 for Final Fantasy XII...

gger.gif

Well deserved score.

Sign in to follow this