NEurope
bryanee

Devils Third

New trailer...

Actually surprisingly good this one! Makes the game look like stupid nonsense fun :)

The online side of it doesn't look bad at all tbh. There are things that don't appeal to me, but I may pick this up at some point.

Reports are that the online is actually very good and very in depth. Shame there'll never be anyone to play it with

Preoder is now available.

Comes with a T-Shirt, too.

That pre-order price is scandalous - £50 and only a T-shirt at an extra? What are they think?

It's up on Amazon at £37: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devils-Third-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00KL1Y6C6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440488411&sr=8-1&keywords=devils+third

I really don't think the T-shirt is worth the extra money!

It was £39.99 last week

It was indeed, which I felt was more of a fair price but for that extra £10 the Nintendo store should at the very least be throwing in a download code for one hundred of those golden eggs even though I dislike the concept of the micro-transactions on principle.

------------------------

Review should be appearing on the site soon... :)

(not today obviously, it'll be after the embargo but before the game is out)

As it happens there's some copies of the game being sold sealed at £28.50 including postage, seems like there's a good few of them left as well, seller seems legit so this could save people a good £10 or £20...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Devils-Third-Wii-U-Brand-New-Sealed-in-stock-now-Release-Date-28th-August-/321842279012?hash=item4aef4b7264

I'd go for it myself if I didn't already have the game digitally. : peace:

Edge have awarded this an almighty 3 out of 10. I look forward to seeing what other scores are going to start flying about. :D

Edge have awarded this an almighty 3 out of 10. I look forward to seeing what other scores are going to start flying about. :D

Jokes!!! Can't help laughing at how bad this game must be.

Jokes!!! Can't help laughing at how bad this game must be.

Devil's Turd more like.

After much contemplation today after perusing some of the reviews which have arisen while I'm still writing my own, I've decided that I'm not going to rush it out there today, nor am I going to publish it yet refuse to score it until a later date; but I will take just a little longer in an attempt to at least make it a fair and balanced review which is neither a scathing attack on the developers - which I feel is somewhat unjustified - nor an all-out singing of their praises claiming that the game is perfect.

There will be parts of the review detailing several things which I personally like about the game, they may not actually mean anything to anyone but me, then again isn't that the point of a review though? It's all personal opinion and therefore subjective, perhaps this is just simply stating the obvious... then again sometimes maybe it needs to be reiterated.

In any case I'm just going to try my best to provide a balanced review, I am a fan of Itagaki's previous works but I'll try not to let it colour my view too much but at the same time it's difficult not to compare it in some way to previous games which he has been involved in. This is a game from a new studio though, I don't think anyone could have expected it to be perfect after how long it has had in development, taking into account all of the engine changes as well... I think some aspects of the game were perhaps unexpected as well, for better or worse.

All I'll say at the moment is that personally I've enjoyed playing this game and I hope that others will get to experience it at some point, whether that happens to be right away or when the game is the right price for them perhaps. If I wasn't reviewing this game would I have bought it? Yes I would... but that's just me.

I'll post N-Europe's review of Devil's Third soon but not today, I need more time - which I hope is OK - to ensure that it's decent enough, not to say that it should be considered as "better" or "worse" than any other review of the game but all of the reviews from this site are written because it's something that we as staff enjoy doing, there's no monetary payment just the simple joy of playing the games and reviewing them so there's no agenda behind the writing, just the piece itself. : peace:

Now with that said I'll get back to writing my review of the game for N-Europe but I just felt the need to at least say something on the matter at least now that the embargo has lifted and having to stay relatively silent for so long; I think because this has been a rather controversial title for many it has made it all the more difficult to not say anything but I do respect the fact that embargoes are there for a reason so in the future I won't let on if I'm playing a review copy at all until the review is published which is how it should be really, so I promise to be as professional as possible from this point. :)

I am also only human though so I will still undoubtedly make a few more mistakes along the way but hopefully the frequency of these will be dramatically reduced at the very least. :heh:

tl:dr - I'm still trying my best to write reviews and I appreciate the support of this site from staff and forum members alike.

Sounds like you enjoyed it more than most. I take it that it's a sort of So Bad it's Good kind of game for you then?

Well I suppose I'll find out soon enough, so it's kind of pointless asking really :laughing:

I get the feeling that it's being slammed harder than it should be because of the names involved. It's probably mediocre at best, but it does at least seem to attempt some interesting ideas along the way (particularly with the multiplayer) so it probably isn't deserving of the Devil's Third out of Ten title; however hilarious it may be.

@S.G.C If you're still writing the review, please note your thoughts about the F2P junk in the multiplayer because that's something that seems to be largely absent from the reviews I've seen : peace:

I was going to preorder this, but I didn't in the end. I will still probably pick it up, as I should imagine Amazon will drop the price relatively quickly.

I honestly don't know why Nintendo didn't hold this back and polish it properly.

I was going to preorder this, but I didn't in the end. I will still probably pick it up, as I should imagine Amazon will drop the price relatively quickly.

I honestly don't know why Nintendo didn't hold this back and polish it properly.

Because they've already held it back for too long as it is. It has had 6+ years worth of development and that's part of the problem. It has since become a bloated mess that lacks coherency, thanks to the long period of development hell it has undergone.

I've just finished another multi-player session on this where I got back up to level 5 - following the pre-release server reset - which is the level required to enable clan creation, so naturally I created an N-Europe clan which I managed to remake our logo in the emblem editor and even had a non-N-European join up; which was nice. :)

Don't worry though as there's still plenty of space as there's up to twenty places if even that many from the forum actually buy the game, I can dream can't I? :indeed:

Either way I'm finding this mode rather addictive, especially in Team Deathmatch which I seem to be improving at, there are so many ways in which you can plan your attack and matches seem to be chaotic but in a good way as you'll be wandering around the map thinking "aha! I'll just shoot down that player over there..." *gets cut in half by a Samurai Sword * "wait... what?" or you'll be fighting it out in a sword battle with someone then all of a sudden "Boom!" you get blown up with a grenade launcher as someone takes both you and the other player you were so intent in taking down with your melee weapon.

Definitely the most fun I've played in a multi-player mode in a long time, much better than any generic, big-name FPS - to me at least - and I've even played it more than Splatoon so far which is a pleasant surprise. :heh:

So for now at least I'd say the game definitely has decent potential longevity. : peace:

Surprisingly positive! (probably the highest score on the internet; you'll be famous for that some day. "S.G.C: The one guy who didn't take a dump on the Devil's Turd" ;) )

Almost enough to tempt me to actually give it a go! (those microtransactions are a huge turnoff though...)

Maybe super cheap...

N-Europe Review

content-15-34439-devilsthirdtitle.jpg

: peace:

I really enjoyed your review, and will pick up the game at some point.

I have seen the scores offered by some sites and they seem ridiculous - 2 or 3 out of 10. These scores would suggest the game is virtually unplayable and broken or in such a state it would be more fitting to a PS2 release. However after watching quite a bit of footage the game just doesn't look that bad - at worst it looks average.

It's nice to read a more grounded review and a different perspective.