NEurope
bryanee

Devils Third

Development update on Devil’s Third

Scale of story mode greater than Ninja Gaiden, Itagaki says.

Devil’s Third creator Tomonobu Itagaki took to Facebook to provide a development update on Devil’s Third, which has been silent since its E3 re-reveal.

An English version of Itagaki’s Japanese text was posted, however, we’ve modified it just a tad for better readability. Get the update below.

I recently received lots of questions about Devil’s Third from my fans.

I’d like to speak about development status of Devil’s Third in my own words, to the extent that I am allowed.

1. Devil’s Third is a strong fusion between action games and shooters.

2. Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.

3. Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.

4. The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.

5. Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.

6. Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.

7. Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.

8. This is all I can disclose to you today. I can’t tell you when the war will begin. It’s the way the world goes. I really want to tell you more, my fans waiting with crushing frustration.

It’s rough on a man!

Well, be patient just a little longer. Don’t miss it!

Devil’s Third will launch for Wii U in 2015.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/development-update-devils-third

Interesting comments about the online aspects. This game still looks garbage, however, so I'm praying it's been given a major graphics overhaul before they next show it.

Interesting comments about the online aspects. This game still looks garbage, however, so I'm praying it's been given a major graphics overhaul before they next show it.

Yeah, it looked rough as a badgers backside at E3. I'm hoping it's had some of that famous Nintendo TLC.

In the interview on the last page Itagaki acknowledgedthat it was rough but that it had vastly improved since E3. Talk is cheap so we'll see. It'd better be better because they won't get away with graphics like that nowadays. Not on Wii U at least after the recent eye candy we've had. :)

I don't feel the game looked that bad. However, I hope that they've completely redesigned the main character. He's severely generic. Like a russian Duke Nukem.

I don't feel the game looked that bad. However, I hope that they've completely redesigned the main character. He's severely generic. Like a russian Duke Nukem.

I agree but doubt they'll change anything about him.

Remember Devil’s Third? That’s the third-person shooter being created by Tomonobu Itagaki, formerly of Team Ninja. Nintendo announced at E3 this year that they would be publishing the game, and had Itagaki’s studio, Valhalla, demonstrate it during their E3 livestream.

Of late, Itagaki has taken to Facebook to interact with his closest fans, and has been assuring them that Devil’s Third has come a long way since its E3 reveal, at least in terms of visual quality.

10401508_351332698361471_8799652771519853189_n.jpg?oh=5a422957c9eabe6272883efd180c14f3&oe=55093774

While replying to a fan asking about shooting mechanics, Itagaki stated: “This is a screenshot from the E3 build in June… good news for you guys here. The amount of progress we’ve made since then will surprise anyone. Higher-quality textures, improved weapon and environment models, better lighting… it’s looking completely different now.”

In another reply, Itagaki posted: “Buttons/levers assignment were changed from E3 version. Plus, HUD’s UI was changed, too.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/02/tomonobu-itagaki-dead-alive-5-daughter-totally-ruined/

Devil’s Third Framerate And Resolution Still Being Worked Out

After he left Team Ninja, Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki began work on a third-person shooter titled Devil’s Third. The game is being published by Nintendo and will be released for the Wii U sometime in 2015. Of late, Itagaki has been using his personal Facebook to reach out to fans of the shooter, and recently, he shared a few more tidbits of information with them.

When asked what the title “Devil’s Third” means, Itagaki said it has to do with music. Itagaki could be referring to a “tritone,” a musical interval composed of three whole tunes or six half tones. This is colloquially sometimes referred to as “The Devil’s Interval,” but whether or not this is what he was referring to remains to be seen.

When asked if Devil’s Third will feature both a single and multiplayer campaign, Itagaki’s reply was as follows:

“We made this game for single play (campaign) and online online multiplay gamers. ‘Cuz I know I have to respond to expectations by both gamers. So, in fact, we invested double amount of resources than general development in this industry, to accomplish to develop this game. I can’t show you specific length of single play mode, ‘cuz we’re still tuning this game. But you can estimate the total length of single play mode, by my saying above.”

Itagaki was also asked what framerate and resolution the game will run at, to which he replied that the game’s specs are still being worked out.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/16/devils-third-framerate-and-resolution-still-being-worked-out/

Itagaki says Devil's Third just about done, release date info a 'little longer' off

Coming from Tomonobu Itagaki...

“It looks like Devil’s Third for Wii U is just about done. It’s been two years spent on designs, and four, six years of development. We’ve really kept all of you fans waiting, but for our first title since going independent, it wouldn’t be fun if we released a small game, so [Devil’s Third] is the result of making something while going all out.

The single player is made to be like the action games of yesteryear and the online competitive multiplayer mode was designed on a scale that will make you go ‘this much already?!’ The release date announcement will still take a little longer, but let’s play together when it releases. It’s loads of fun!!”

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244462-itagaki-says-devil-s-third-just-about-done-release-date-info-a-little-longer-off?sid=d2d881dc5a89ecf6dc0f24a41a1d1475

Itagaki Shares Devils Third Christmas Card

Joining in the holiday spirit, famed video game director and brains behind Devil Third – Tomonobu Itagaki has shared a Christmas Card.

It’s not what you typically expect from a Christmas Card, but it is neat nonetheless. Featuring the intimidating tattoo of the protagonist in Devil’s Third, Tomonobu Itagaki wishes fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

More importantly from a videogamer point of view, Itagaki confirmed that fans can anticipate to get their hands-on on Devil Third in 2015.

Hey everyone,

here’s a Japanese style Christmas card for you guys. Thanks for all your support this year. Next year you can FINALLY get your hands on Devil’s Third!!

Have a Happy new year!!

devils-third-christmas-card.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Christmas Card? Are you excited for Devil’s Third?

http://nintendonewsfix.com/itagaki-shares-devils-third-christmas-card/

This is another title to add to the list. Hopefully it lives up to Itagaki's own hype. I'm keeping a very much open mind with this game. We need more top quality games and mature games to boot.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

This is another title to add to the list. Hopefully it lives up to Itagaki's own hype..

I'm finding it difficult to resist the urge to shout "DEVIL'S TURD" :blank:

With 5 posts in a row from you, @Wii, it's probably safe to assume there isn't an awful lot of interest in this right now and I have a feeling it will end up as another 'mature games don't sell on Nintendo platforms' argument :hmm:

With 5 posts in a row from you, @Wii, it's probably safe to assume there isn't an awful lot of interest in this right now and I have a feeling it will end up as another 'mature games don't sell on Nintendo platforms' argument :hmm:

I think there is little interest due to how janky it looked at E3. If the next trailer looks more polished then interest may rise.

Don't you mean Devil's Toad? The game has had 1 trailer and it wasn't a great looking one. Since then it's gone through a massive transformation supposedly. So we'll see. Also, continuous updates, positive press and glowing reviews for Bayonetta 2 didn't do any favours for its sales so we'll see how they decide to market this game. Too much hype can kill a game as well as no exposure. That postcard is the first bit of anything be it screenshot or artwork since E3.

It won't sell well, I think that's a foregone conclusion. As noted Bayonetta 2 received tepid sales even though it was critically acclaimed. I will probably be picking it up though. I like the look of the multiplayer which should be a blast if a small active community develops.

I think we need to see more of it before people get hyped

Next Direct will likely deliver

I assume that's how they'd say it in your neck of the woods.

I assume that's how they'd say it in your neck of the woods.

Haha.. no, you'd have to drive a few dozen miles south to reach that sort of language :heh:

Haha.. no, you'd have to drive a few dozen miles south to reach that sort of language :heh:

You Irish people try to pretend there's not just one accent but we all know you're lying ;)

Update from Tomonobu Itagaki about Devil's Third posted on Facebook.

Hey gamers gathering here.

I know you guys are craving for the latest information on Devil's Third. Devil's Third isn't a simple shooter, but an unprecedented massive shooter to be played by tons of players. So there's many things to set before we release it. The game contains a lot of elements well over the volume to be provided by two regular games.

This game will be the biggest game of life for me and my colleagues, including you guys, not to mention.

It took two years for the concept working and four years for the development. It's not surprising at all. Such amount of time is needed to create a totally new game from scratch. I'm sure you'll dig what I mean if I say we spent four years to develop Ninja Gaiden.

But, I know your mind. Such development matters have nothing to do with gamers. So I and all the members of Valhalla really appreciate that you guys have waited for Devil's Third for a long time.

What Devil's Third is?

Such announcement will be made over time. Thanks for your patience. Devil's Third

I hope this is actually out this year. If it does make it, and is good, it will end up being one of the few games to enter development hell and come out the other side in a decent fashion!

Tomonobu Itagaki on the theme of war within Devil’s Third

devils-third3.jpg

People’s Daily was recently able to speak with Tomonobu Itagaki from Valhalla Game Studios. In one question, Itagaki was asked about how his team will will work the Chinese mobile game market into their strategy. That doesn’t have much revelance here, but he did end up discussing the upcoming Wii U title Devil’s Third and how it incorporates the elements of war.

Itagaki’s comments are as follows:

We always seek to innovate in games, and so it means they will not be the same. We’re currently working on a game called “Devil’s Third.” It is different than previous games up until now, as it is not just about fighting, but about diplomacy and forming treaties in the midst of a war in a realistic world setting. All of this is mashed up into one game. It is a world where peace is sought. My colleagues and I worked to put all this within a “war game.” Eventually it became a household game for the Wii U, but we are currently developing games for mobile too.

Devil’s Third was re-revealed as a Wii U title at last year’s E3, though we haven’t seen it since. It’ll be interesting to see if it appears at E3 2015 next month.

http://nintendoeverything.com/tomonobu-itagaki-on-the-theme-of-war-within-devils-third/

http://jp.jnocnews.jp/news/show.aspx?id=54369

Man, it still looks rough. :(

Looks disappointing but I hope i'm surprised at E3. We'll see.

Sent out to die a little, too. It's apparently exclusive to Amazon and the eShop