NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Did you see the latest The Final Bosman episode? He doesn't seem to do a whole lot these days. He's fluttering around making crap like Project Robot/Guard, making Pikmin short movies, fiddling with Starfox and upends a few tea tables now and again. He won't let us have a new F-Zero yet greenlights other rubbish. I guarantee if he had created F-Zero we wouldn't be waiting on a new F-Zero and he'd care more and put some effort into it. I hadn't realised but in that episode of The Final Bosman it was said that he hasn't directed a game since OOT. I know he has other roles but still. He's like a once great artist that has lost his way, is untouchable and wanders around the Nintendo HQ living off past glories.

Edited by Wii

Grow up Wii.

An episodic format actually sounds like a great idea for this game. Without the longer on-foot sections Starfox games can be finished in an hour, so spreading the story out to four or five episodes makes a lot of sense. Release a new one every month for 8 quid or whatever, throw in a few cliffhangers, keep the hype going.... sounds great to me.

Did you see the latest The Final Bosman episode? He doesn't seem to do a whole lot these days. He's fluttering around making crap like Project Robot/Guard, making Pikmin short movies, fiddling with Starfox and upends a few tea tables now and again. He won't let us have a new F-Zero yet greenlights other rubbish. I guarantee if he had created F-Zero we wouldn't be waiting on a new F-Zero and he'd care more and put some effort into it. I hadn't realised but in that episode of The Final Bosman it was said that he hasn't directed a game since OOT. I know he has other roles but still. He's like a once great artist that has lost his way, is untouchable and wanders around the Nintendo HQ living off past glories.

Oh, well if Kyle Bosman says that Miyamoto doesn't do much, then clearly he doesn't do much.

Come on.

Miyamoto isn't just a game director. He's a game designer and a game producer. He may not have directed a game since Ocarina of Time, but he has created countless others and produced countless others, with lots of work going into them, for example Pikmin 3, Nintendogs, Wii Music etc.

Just because he hasn't directed a game doesn't mean he "doesn't do much". Not only does he produce games like the aforementioned titles, but he also oversees the entirety of Nintendo's development teams.

Who said that "well if Kyle Bosman says that Miyamoto doesn't do much, then clearly he doesn't do much"? He did point out a few facts and it was funny. I'm glad you mentioned Wii Music. An abomination. Pikmin was his last great creation. That's back circa 2000. Yes Nintendogs was hugely successful but was it truely original? As a pet sim perhaps but not really original.

Who said that "well if Kyle Bosman says that Miyamoto doesn't do much, then clearly he doesn't do much"? He did point out a few facts and it was funny. I'm glad you mentioned Wii Music. An abomination. Pikmin was his last great creation. That's back circa 2000. Yes Nintendogs was hugely successful but was it truely original? As a pet sim perhaps but not really original.

Just because something was an abomination (it's not, Wii Music is actually quite fun when you take it for what it is) doesn't mean he didn't do stuff, and yes he created Pikmin over a decade ago, but he was also the spearheader and deep in the development of Pikmin 3, so once again you completely missed the point.

You've now changed the narrative from "Miyamoto does nothing" to "Miyamoto isn't creative anymore"

1400084863723.jpg

Also, you said that because Kyle Bosman said it, it shows that Miyamoto does nothing anymore, and I quote

Did you see the latest The Final Bosman episode? He doesn't seem to do a whole lot these days.

Just because something was an abomination (it's not, Wii Music is actually quite fun when you take it for what it is) doesn't mean he didn't do stuff, and yes he created Pikmin over a decade ago, but he was also the spearheader and deep in the development of Pikmin 3, so once again you completely missed the point.

You've now changed the narrative from "Miyamoto does nothing" to "Miyamoto isn't creative anymore"

1400084863723.jpg

Also, you said that because Kyle Bosman said it, it shows that Miyamoto does nothing anymore, and I quote

Learn to read. Wii Music is $h1t. It's not even up for discussion. I have it and it's rancid. Miyamoto hasn't created a noteworthy franchise since Pikmin. Nintendogs was an evolution of existing sims.

Wii Music review from Game Informer. 30% It's so bad it's been removed from their site, it was probably burning a hole in their servers.

Here's a quote though.

Thank God. Now I can stop pretending that I was having fun rocking out to Metallica and live my dream of playing backup cowbell in a cruise ship band version of “Yankee Doodle.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/4F0E78F8-D0CA-4791-8B07-424C988BF8CA.htm

Right. This is a warning. Get back to discussing Star Fox right now or your posts will be deleted at least.

If someone veers off topic the best you can do is ignore it, even if the post fills you with rage. Just ignore it.

I can't wait to see how the new Star Fox turns out, I'm especially intrigued to see what new things Shigeru Miyamoto can bring to the series, because beyond essentially remaking the same game with nicer graphics it's hard to say what else is really wanted from a new entry in the franchise aside from the obvious online multiplayer mode which would surely go down a storm. :)

True. This game must have new ideas surely especially after what Miyamoto has said in the past regarding other franchises. Otherwise he'll look fairly hypocritical. I don't know if a cockpit view is anything special but we'll have to wait and see what difference it makes. If it does have a cockpit view doesn't that rule out it being 2 or more players local multiplayer?

I can't wait to see how the new Star Fox turns out, I'm especially intrigued to see what new things Shigeru Miyamoto can bring to the series, because beyond essentially remaking the same game with nicer graphics it's hard to say what else is really wanted from a new entry in the franchise aside from the obvious online multiplayer mode which would surely go down a storm. :)

I'd like the option to choose your character/crew member and that choice affecting the gameplay and/or storyline. For example: Fox and Falco form two new teams with different missions, both have an engineer and turret operator in their team. You get to choose a team and a role aboard. It would make things fresh for me.

I'd like the option to choose your character/crew member and that choice affecting the gameplay and/or storyline. For example: Fox and Falco form two new teams with different missions, both have an engineer and turret operator in their team. You get to choose a team and a role aboard. It would make things fresh for me.

That's a good idea and you could do that locally as a 2 player game. I hope gameplay is varied and not just all in the arwing and that the rumour of Platinum working on this game is true. The little cameo they did in Bayonetta 2 was excellent.

Did you see the latest The Final Bosman episode? He doesn't seem to do a whole lot these days..

You do realise that was Kyle Bosman at the end and not actually Miyamoto..? :heh:

Wii Music. An abomination.

You're an abomination :heh:

Wii Music certainly wasn't the best game on the Wii, but it was probably the one that gave my friends and I the most laughs.. for the right reasons! If there were more songs, we'd have played it considerably longer too :hehe:

As for Starfox, I'm pretty sure I posted months ago about how I'd like each of the four crew members to have different tasks to carry out in each level so that your choice of character would affect what your missions were :smile:

It would also be awesome to have a 2-4 player co-op mode so that you could go through the stages together, helping each other take down enemies whilst also doing all your own character specific tasks.

I wouldn't mind the gamepad use to also be something akin to Affordable Space Adventures or Star Trek Starfleet Command 3, where you can control energy levels for weapons, shields, engines etc. so, on the fly, you can make your Arwing faster but weaker or stronger but slower as the situation dictates.

As for Starfox, I'm pretty sure I posted months ago about how I'd like each of the four crew members to have different tasks to carry out in each level so that your choice of character would affect what your missions were :smile:

It would also be awesome to have a 2-4 player co-op mode so that you could go through the stages together, helping each other take down enemies whilst also doing all your own character specific tasks.

Hah, maybe I've read that in the past and it stuck in my head all that time : peace:

Really? I think it looks truly awful. I fucking knew they'd put gamepad aiming in, and to make that work the whole game is slowed down to a snails pace with barely any enemies... And having to look down all the time, at a small screen, on a home console game that should look awesome (which looks pretty terrible too).... most levels seem to be all range levels to, which were nice diversions, but the game should be a pure arcade fast mental shooter....

I had to turn the treehouse off, it looked so bad. It was depressing....

Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space

dogfighting adventure. Using the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV together

creates a unique interface that allows players to experience the game with two

different viewpoints within the Arwing – aim and shoot enemies in one direction

while flying in another. This frees up the TV for a more cinematic flight experience.

Then, pilot the Arwing with its new Walker transformation, along with the

new Gyrowing and the Landmaster Tank, to traverse interplanetary terrain.

• Fan favorite characters return with new and well-known dialogue from Fox

McCloud, Slippy, Peppy, Falco and more, which can sound like they’re talking in

your ear like a from a headset with clever sound technology.

• Players can intuitively pilot an Arwing by simply using both the right and left

control sticks as a control stick to perform familiar flight maneuvers, such as the

somersault, U-turn and a Barrel Roll.

• Replay the same exotic planets with other vehicles and extra missions can be

selected on top of going through the story.

• Two different viewpoints, the traditional style of TV gameplay and the new unique

cockpit view on the Wii U GamePad controller combines to create a unique

interface to aim and shoot in one direction while flying in another. This frees up

the TV for more cinematic moments in a brand-new all range mode.

• Pilot the new and improved Arwing with its new Walker transformation and take

control of a new Drone type plane, the Gyrowing. The Landmaster Tank returns,

equipped with a new, limited flight form.

• Developed in partnership with Platinum Games

You don't have to look at the GamePad screen to shoot if you don't want to.

Really? I think it looks truly awful. I fucking knew they'd put gamepad aiming in, and to make that work the whole game is slowed down to a snails pace with barely any enemies... And having to look down all the time, at a small screen, on a home console game that should look awesome (which looks pretty terrible too).... most levels seem to be all range levels to, which were nice diversions, but the game should be a pure arcade fast mental shooter....

I had to turn the treehouse off, it looked so bad. It was depressing....

I had to turn the Treehouse off too, this looks so rough! Far too rough to be a release this year.

Did you see the treehouse, certainly seems that way.

My biggest fear though is having 3D shooting changes the way game is played, you have to use the gamepad to look all around you, I don't want to, I don't want less enemies, I don't want it to be slow. I want a proper sequel to Star Fox 64!

And no mention of an online battle mode?!

Oh boy... I love this series but this looks awful. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

You bailed out too soon, they announced that Platinum are working on it.

You bailed out too soon, they announced that Platinum are working on it.

It IS good news. But it still looked awful so what does that actually change?

Visually it looks stunning, No one can deny this game is pretty to look at, the gameplay could use some more tweaking from the looks of it though. But other than that I'm looking forward to it.

Visually it looks stunning..

..are you guys seeing a completely different game to the one I'm seeing..? ::shrug:

I just cannot believe Platinum have had anything to do with this! :o

Mind-boggling. :blank: