NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

I always went the hard route up until Sector Z which I'd skip in favour of Macbeth as you get more points from it and you're set up with lots of bombs to take out the train (and you usually have a fair few left for Area 6 if you max out at Zoness)... because I am a points whore.

I always went the hard route up until Sector Z which I'd skip in favour of Macbeth as you get more points from it and you're set up with lots of bombs to take out the train (and you usually have a fair few left for Area 6 if you max out at Zoness)... because I am a points whore.

I like it! I actually thought the entire hard route wasn't that profitable for hits. Maybe I should have studied the numbers more! Never thought of The Electric Light Show aka Zoness being useful, but you're spot on, that boss would be a good way to stockpile the nova bombs. :idea:

My own go-to route became Corneria (4th planet of the Lylat System...), Sector Y, Katina (let the Independence Day mothership have its way and just keep taking down the wee drones til the bitter end to rack up the hits), Sector X where serious havoc could be wreaked, Macbeth like you said, then Area 6 for 300+ hits as you well know :D before Venom.

Is there a good tactic for taking out Andross final form? I never enjoyed that battle cos it was so cat and mouse. I always thought I was doing it wrong. ::shrug:

I think they changed it up in the 3DS version (or I'm just no good at it on a handheld) but obviously take out the eyes first and then you can chase him down fairly easily, either boosting or braking while holding whichever direction so you're flying on your side (wings pointing to the top and bottom of the screen). If he disappears just do a u-turn and you'll be facing the part of his brain you need to shoot (at least in the original). Most of the time I can get him within a minute but sometimes he's just an awkward brainy git :p

I hope Starfox U gives the option of having Lylat gibberish spoken instead of the English voice acting. Way better :)

I hope Starfox U gives the option of having Lylat gibberish spoken instead of the English voice acting. Way better :)

No, no, no, no.

Lylatwars would not have even half of it's charm without the corny voice acting.

"Gee! I've been saved by Fox, how swell!"

No, no, no, no.

Lylatwars would not have even half of it's charm without the corny voice acting.

"Gee! I've been saved by Fox, how swell!"

Obviously you didn't grow up playing Starwing on the SNES :D

Plus I did say 'option', it'd be great to have both.

Obviously you didn't grow up playing Starwing on the SNES :D

Plus I did say 'option', it'd be great to have both.

Yep, pretty much. (Still haven't played it. I'm not the biggest Star Fox fan though, so eh...)

Definitely!

At least when the gibberish is used Slippy actually sounds like a bloke, instead of some scared child.

The Lylat "language" worked fine in Starwing, but Lylat Wars/StarFox64's voice acting was iconic, although a large part of that is down to the script. Both components really need to be of a high standard, otherwise the voice acting just comes across as flat.

So many memorable one-liners from Lylat Wars. It wouldn't have had the same impact had they not gone with the English voice acting. If they can recreate a script that comes anywhere close to the one we had in Lylat Wars, then English all the way. If not, stick to the style they used in Starwing.

Man, I just love the opening stage to Starwing. Dat sequence! Dat music!

I'm probably in the minority here but I always preferred Starwing over Lylat Wars.

Man, I just love the opening stage to Starwing. Dat sequence! Dat music!

I'm probably in the minority here but I always preferred Starwing over Lylat Wars.

Same here, so that's a minority of two at least :)

That Corneria music is amazing.

Dat music!
Yep, legendary soundtrack. :awesome:

It's pretty unbelievable, but other than Time Twist (a Japan-only FDS game) that was the only soundtrack by Hajime Hirasawa before he left Nintendo to form his own company... which produced ringtones. :blank:

It's pretty unbelievable, but other than Time Twist (a Japan-only FDS game) that was the only soundtrack by Hajime Hirasawa before he left Nintendo to form his own company... which produced ringtones. :blank:

Really? Bloody hell...

They must have some catchy ringtones.

Wow. I didn't know that. I wonder why he left? The soundtrack is legendary and a cornerstone of my gaming childhood.

I think they changed it up in the 3DS version (or I'm just no good at it on a handheld) but obviously take out the eyes first and then you can chase him down fairly easily, either boosting or braking while holding whichever direction so you're flying on your side (wings pointing to the top and bottom of the screen). If he disappears just do a u-turn and you'll be facing the part of his brain you need to shoot (at least in the original). Most of the time I can get him within a minute but sometimes he's just an awkward brainy git :p

That's all there is to it?

I'm not even going to tell you my long winded approach to it. :shakehead

I only hope this game will be more like Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 3D and Star Fox Assault.

I really hated the concept of Star Fox Command.

I really loved Star Fox Adventures but looking at the only photo of this game, it won't be like the said game.

But knowing Nintendo they will obviously experiment with something we haven't seen before.

During the Zelda segment on the VGA Miyamoto confirmed that Star Fox will be released in 2015 and will arrive before the release of Zelda.

Considering how early Zelda Wii U looked, he's either delusional or they really are planning on releasing the game episodically (with the first episode coming out in 2015 and the rest following in 2016)...

It is rather quick seeing as it was a prototype at E3 and had no developer.

Considering how early Zelda Wii U looked, he's either delusional or they really are planning on releasing the game episodically (with the first episode coming out in 2015 and the rest following in 2016)...

One game's development cycle has no relevance to this one :p

One game's development cycle has no relevance to this one :p

It might not, but one man's delusion can carry over to something else ;)

Either that or it hints that Starfox Wii U may indeed be an episodic game (because if development really did only start middle of last year, then there's no possible way that they could ever get a full and complete retail Starfox game out within just a year and a half's development, it's just not enough time).

It might not, but one man's delusion can carry over to something else ;)

Either that or it hints that Starfox Wii U may indeed be an episodic game (because if development really did only start middle of last year, then there's no possible way that they could ever get a full and complete retail Starfox game out within just a year and a half's development, it's just not enough time).

Well it seems to me they had the mechanics down at E3, and that's the biggest part of making a game, next it's just models and throwing everything together.

Other developers do it the other way round, which is why we end up with things like Assassin's Creed Unity

Edited by Serebii

Well it seems to me they had the mechanics down at E3, and that's the biggest part of making a game, next it's just models and throwing everything together.

Other developers do it the other way round, which is why we end up with things like Assassin's Creed Unity

That's the part that takes the longest for Nintendo though. Unlike the likes of Ubisoft, they don't have the same kind of production manpower that they do.

Even if they contract Namco to help (which I think is almost a dead cert to happen), 1.5 years just isn't long enough. That would be a crazy short dev cycle, especially for a Wii U calibre HD production! It's just not reasonable to expect.

It needs at least 2 years. It'll come out the first half of 2016, unless they end up releasing it episodically...