NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

But that justification.

This game should handle like Strike Vector, and the online multiplayer play like it.

"Why do they have to complicate things?"... I could be wrong but from what I've read in interviews, this seems like Miyamoto's thing lately. As soon as I heard he was adamant about the second screen being integral to the experience I was worried.

Yep, two posts above nail what the fans want. So simple. Why do they have to try and complicate things sometimes?! Fuck 2 screen Star Fox gameplay!!! It sounds shit, by all accounts it doesn't play well, and rumours the developers are struggling with it. There's NOTHING about it that gives reason to use it!

Just an example of how Nintendo's hardware gimmicks are actually fucking up their own games. Its incredible. All we ever really needed was a HD Starfox 64 with an online mode... That's all.:shakehead

I'm not excited for this in the slightest. It's rapidly dropping off the radar and the only real reason I'm even holding out the tiniest bit of hope is because of the Star Fox name attached to it.

That looks great. I remember really wanting Star Fox toys in the mid-90's, I was a bit too young to properly appreciated the game but my brother had 'Star Wing' on the SNES and I thought it was great. I always wanted there to be toys and vehicles, so you could take Fox and co out and play with them, shame we'll never get a proper line of toys like that.

If they're still considering delaying it, it must still be pretty janky. Just take the time needed and fix it, I don't care when it comes out as long as it doesn't suck.

Seriously... Delay it, release it on the NX. The Wii U is dead. Long live the Wii U.

We have two big Wii U retail titles this month, so a small delay would be fine

It's a shame that StarFox may be well and truly screwed :(

I like how everyone is assuming that this is real and that all these rumours must be true...

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if they did delay it again. I don't care when it launches, just how good it ends up being!

I like how everyone is assuming that this is real and that all these rumours must be true...

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if they did delay it again. I don't care when it launches, just how good it ends up being!

Almost as if long time fans of Nintendo are used to extensive and sequential delays...

giphy.gif

;)

Almost as if long time fans of Nintendo are used to extensive and sequential delays... ;)

At least they should be by now :p

I liked Adventures.

It's Command which is ass.

Someone's opinion is clearly stuck in Hero Mode, because that's all backwards ;)

Seems like every big game gets delayed these days, on every console

^ classic.

Yeah I also really enjoyed StarFox Adventures at the time! Even the Arwing parts. I always thought it would have been pretty cool to give Fox his blaster and make it more Jet Force Gemini in terms of gameplay than Zelda, but hey ho. When I see video's of it now though it's unbelievable how linear it is!! given the likes of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie/DK/Conker that came before it.

The most frustrating thing about this game isn't the delays, which I'm all for if it makes it a better game, it's that it just looks like another reskinned StarFox game... albeit with questionable gamepad sections. I don't think any number of delays are going to fix the fundamental gameplay choices they've made. *shakes angry fist*

The most frustrating thing about this game isn't the delays, which I'm all for if it makes it a better game, it's that it just looks like another reskinned StarFox game... albeit with questionable gamepad sections. I don't think any number of delays are going to fix the fundamental gameplay choices they've made. *shakes angry fist*

If it is delayed again, then hopefully it will give it more time to be a better game than the last build we have seen. (E3 I think?)

I think they must know peoples criticisms of the game, and that it was not quite working before. It just remains to be seen if they have a new direction that is worthy.

@peterl0 Thing is, the latest trailer they put out heavily showed off the gameplay functionality, otherwise I'd be inclined to think the delays were for some drastic change.

Urgh, Nintendo... you really are baffling. Your games don't need gimmicks!!

Edited by Retro_Link

The most frustrating thing about this game isn't the delays, which I'm all for if it makes it a better game, it's that it just looks like another reskinned StarFox game...

It looks like the first proper Star Fox since Star Fox 64.

@peterl0 Thing is, the latest trailer they put out heavily showed off the gameplay functionality, otherwise I'd be inclined to think the delays were for some drastic change.

Urgh, Nintendo... you really are baffling. Your games don't need gimmicks!!

Wrong link?

I think I know the trailer you mean - from November.

That trailer did have a reasonable amount of focus on the gamepad controls, but also it really did not show anything from the game we had not seen before. Therefore I was thinking it might have been created by a marketing team, not the dev team.

I personally don't have an issue with the controls as long as they don't get in the way, and there is a great game underneath.

From the impressions of people who played the game it seems like it is above average or good (not great/epic) from a gameplay perspective and the controls do get in the way.

Wrong link?

I think I know the trailer you mean - from November.

That trailer did have a reasonable amount of focus on the gamepad controls, but also it really did not show anything from the game we had not seen before. Therefore I was thinking it might have been created by a marketing team, not the dev team.

I personally don't have an issue with the controls as long as they don't get in the way, and there is a great game underneath.

From the impressions of people who played the game it seems like it is above average or good (not great/epic) from a gameplay perspective and the controls do get in the way.

No it was the right link :p I was just referencing Miyamoto's input.

Yeah I've heard the gameplay is actually a lot of fun, it's just not necessarily what you'd want from the StarFox franchise.

Whelp! That latest rumour has been put to rest now.

They're not gonna go ahead and plan a delay on the day after the last ND before its publically announced release date. If they were going to do any planning for it, it would've been done beforehand and the ND video would've been edited accordingly.

Guess it was bunk (and so, the others are probably bunk too :p )

Edited by Dcubed

Whelp! That latest rumour has been put to rest now.

They're not gonna go ahead and plan a delay on the day after the last ND before its publically announced release date. If they were going to do any planning for it, it would've been done beforehand and the ND video would've been edited accordingly.

Guess it was bunk (and so, the others are probably bunk too :p )

That's what they want you to think. You've played right into their hands!!

They will delay Zero and finally give us Starwing on the VC as an apology. I wouldn't even be mad. :D