NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

He had some points until he called the GamePad a "Fisher Price iPad" and "low res". Dear lord.

Also complained about dying too much. I didn't die until Venom's final boss. He just needs skills. For example, I never once set off a bomb when I didn't want to, or did a somersault when I didn't want to (except in the first five minutes of the game when my mind was in Star Fox 64 control mode)

He also says that pro players are "still struggling" when using tweets made by such pro players from 2 days after launch. That's a bit disingenuous

In terms of looks? Yeah it looks a bit Fisher Price. Much like the GameCube was "my first game console". It's not necessarily bad, it's just describing the aesthetic. Apple do very sleek design and it's not something Nintendo have ever really aspired to in any great degree (their focus is quite clearly elsewhere as well it should be). And the GamePad is low res compared to a TV, which is the point he was making.

Just because you were able to do something does not mean there is not a problem. Kobe Bryant can dunk, doesn't meant it's an easy thing to do. Yes I just compared you to Kobe Bryant, consider it the compliment of the day :heh:

You don't think two days of playing a game (granted we don't know how long for per day) is too long to still be struggling with the controls? Particularly, as he points out, Nintendo's games are usually much more intuitive. How long should we expect to play SFZ before being able to say the controls are problematic for some?

In terms of looks? Yeah it looks a bit Fisher Price. Much like the GameCube was "my first game console". It's not necessarily bad, it's just describing the aesthetic. Apple do very sleek design and it's not something Nintendo have ever really aspired to in any great degree (their focus is quite clearly elsewhere as well it should be). And the GamePad is low res compared to a TV, which is the point he was making.

Just because you were able to do something does not mean there is not a problem. Kobe Bryant can dunk, doesn't meant it's an easy thing to do. Yes I just compared you to Kobe Bryant, consider it the compliment of the day :heh:

You don't think two days of playing a game (granted we don't know how long for per day) is too long to still be struggling with the controls? Particularly, as he points out, Nintendo's games are usually much more intuitive. How long should we expect to play SFZ before being able to say the controls are problematic for some?

All I'm saying is that he's being a bit disingenuous with his conclusions.

It's a great video and as always he makes some very good points. It's a real shame as the game's content itself is really good.

All I'm saying is that he's being a bit disingenuous with his conclusions.

What would make it ingenuous then?

Finally watched this and had assumed someone would have posted it by now. An interesting look at the controls within the game and what does and doesn't work.

Thanks for posting that. Great video and it's really interesting to get a perspective from somebody that didn't get on with a control scheme which I have fallen in love with.

His points are all good, and I found myself having similar thoughts throughout the game. If I found a part of the control scheme which I struggled with or was against the norm, I got annoyed but then I simply adapted ::shrug:

Take the point about the TV reticule being inaccurate and forcing you to use the gamepad. He's 100% right, it did tick me off when I found out so I just used the gamepad to get more accuracy and now I prefer it. I suppose people might have had a similar reaction in FPS games all those years ago (Doom, Wolfenstein) when they've been running around with guns doing damage fine with the standard aim, never having to look down the barrel of the gun or through a scope to hit their targets; only to have that flipped on its head when the genre evolved.

Take the point about the TV reticule being inaccurate and forcing you to use the gamepad. He's 100% right, it did tick me off when I found out so I just used the gamepad to get more accuracy and now I prefer it.

This is objectively stupid, want to look at the gamepad, fine, but to make the on screen cursor inaccurate is just ridiculous. I've "adapted" to, but the game is worse off for it.

Definitely, I'd prefer it if the cursor itself was removed rather than having it inaccurate. Isn't that how it was on the original anyway? Then have the targeting aid on the gamepad.

I just received my certificate in the post today :smile:

temporary_zpsdgn6udfs.jpg

It's actually pretty cool : peace: