NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox being pushed back to NX wouldn't make sense at all. If it's ready by its revised release date it makes perfect business sense to publish it then on the Wii U. The Wii U is on life support, it is not completely dead yet. The great Christmas it just had worldwide thanks to Splatoon and Mario Maker is a testament to that. Zelda probably makes sense as a dual release depending on what the NX actually is. It would be a waste of resources for Nintendo to retool Star Fox Zero for a NX release, especially since it does heavily utilise the gamepad (which no doubt will be dropped for NX).

Did the Wii U really have a great xmas?

I do agree though that it needs to be released for the Wii U. The Wii U needs games. Delaying it to the NX will send a pretty powerful signal that the Wii U is dead.

Did the Wii U really have a great xmas?

Over in the west? Not at all, at least when you compare what the other two consoles were selling in the same period. In Japan it had a very sizable bump but now that the holidays are over it's once again in decline.

'Great' probably is a little too optimistic on my part. It was a stronger Christmas worldwide than 2014 though. Japan was extremely strong, the drop off is natural, since Nintendo consoles always sell the strongest at Christmas.

To be honest, making the game go from duel screen to one screen wouldnt require that much re-tooling and the game would give NX launch a big kick. I mean, I know the Wii U isn't dead yet but it all-but is dead isn't it, commercially.

I'm happy to play Star Fox Zero for whatever console it appears, but from a sheer "lets make our next console a hit" viewpoint, any help from already-made games that havent come out yet would massively help, rather than spread resources even more thinly across 2 or 3 consoles (wii u, 3ds and nx).

Edited by Beaneth007

Dinosaurs weren't the issue with Adventures. Starfox itself was. OK, loads of other stuff as well, but still...

I bet it'd be a more well received game if Starfox had nothing to do with it.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who thinks Adventures and Command are the best of the series.

Yeah, I don't like traditional Starfox games.

I feel you there, Adventures is actually my favourite! But then i'm a sucker for Rare games. But that was my point, I personally like all the Starfox games but from a critical point and from what the main fans want, anything that de-rails it too far from the 64 and SNES is going to be sneered at.

I'm happy this has been delayed, I just want it to be as good as it can be! I have too many games to play anyway, 65 hours into Xenoblade and I haven't even opened Devils Third, Kirby, Project Zero and Mario Maker yet!

No Delay, at least for the US.

Nintendo of America has sent out a new announcement regarding amiibo. The publisher shared the latest news about upcoming figures and games supporting the functionality in early 2016.

Perhaps the biggest news here is that amiibo support is now official for Star Fox Zero. However, Nintendo will be sharing specifics at a later date.

Finally, Star Fox Zero delivers a new beginning for the classic shooter series. With a unique control scheme that uses both the TV screen and the screen on the GamePad, players pilot multiple vehicles through intergalactic levels with Fox and his classic crew. The game launches exclusively for Wii U on April 22 and will feature amiibo compatibility. More details will be revealed at a later time.

I'm assuming they're going to show off a Special Edition that comes with an Amiibo at some point, but it seems like they're running out of time to do it. I'm holding off on pre-ordering until they show one off, I'd love a Arwing Amiibo so hoping they announce that it will come with that.

Hopefully we'll get a direct soon, they need to announce it a couple of months before release, surely.

Imagine if the amiibo was KRYSTAL. "Scan the Krystal amiibo to use her as an alt skin for Fox". Now that's the dream.

I want an Arwing with a clip-on Amiibo base. So you can take it off and go shooowh around the room with it.

I want an Arwing with a clip-on Amiibo base. So you can take it off and go shooowh around the room with it.

I want an Arwing amiibo that's like one of those classic toys. You know where it was a posed giraffe, but when you press the bottom it collapses dead.

Basically, I want an amiibo like that but it, somehow, turns from Arwing Flight Mode to Arwing Walker Mode.

Probably not possible :p

I just want a decent Star Fox game.

See now you're asking for too much.

Just seen a reliable GAF member claim that the game is in a bit of a development hell as the controls aren't working well at all. Here's hoping they sorted the issues out.

Just seen a reliable GAF member claim that the game is in a bit of a development hell as the controls aren't working well at all.

This was clear to most back in June.

I'm happy for them to delay this as long as necessary in order to provide a good experience :smile:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, particularly given the relative negativity from impressions up to this point, but the recent realization that I've never been totally convinced by the previous work of Platinum Games means I have extra reason to be fearful :eek:

You seen this yet, @Ike? You still like to collect guides as well, right?

51FHHUFxTaL._SX307_BO1_204_203_200_.jpg

Deluxe hardcover: The beautiful hardcover edition of the guide will have premium treatments.

Flight maneuver tricks: Learn how to pilot like a pro with expert strategies for the Arwing, Gyrowing and Landmaster.

All secrets revealed: Discover how to unlock all the game’s secrets.

Outfly your enemies: Detailed strategies on how to defeat each enemy and boss.

Free mobile-friendly eGuide! Includes a code to access the eGuide, a digital version of the complete strategy guide optimized for a second-screen experience.

These limited edition guides will only be printed once. When they are sold out, they will be gone forever!

More rumours of the game having issues.

I know the last thread was closed, but hopefully it's ok to post this new rumor here, as I'm under the impression Tamaki is considered a more reliable source. (If this is not appropriate, my apologies, and please delete my post.)

(via Tamaki/Liam Robertson's tweets)

Re: those Star Fox Zero rumours. I heard all the same disconcerting things about two weeks ago.
I heard the QA team at NoE is going through a bit of a nightmare to get it ready. Nobody knows for sure if it'll pass QA with a thumbs up.
If Star Fox Zero doesn't pass QA, they can make a recommendation to NCL to delay it. They have about 2 weeks to get it ready for certif.
I really hope (and sort of expect) that they will delay Star Fox again until they get it right. We've still seen so little of it too.

I'm really hoping that this gets delayed for as long as possible within reason, I would rather wait until June or later if necessary in order to get a decent title in the series rather than wait a month or so and get something sub-par...

I'd even be OK with waiting until the end of 2016 for it personally. ::shrug:

More rumours of the game having issues.

Eessh, if this is true then it's in no one's interest to release the game.

Considering Platinum were saying how great it was other companies were giving them their IP to make games around, if this turns out to be a turkey then that could stop pretty quickly!

Still hoping this will turn out well though! :)

If the game is still a bit dodgy then they may as well delay it. Nintendo have nothing to gain from releasing it if it's not up to scratch *looks at Mario Tennis Ultra Smash*. Nothing is going to turn the Wii U situation around, especially not a Star Fox game. Far better to give it the polish it needs and release it when its ready.

This game should be a flashy, fast and twitchy shooter that pays homage to the N64 game whilst taking things to the next level in terms of graphics and gameplay.

What this looks like is an HD version of the N64 game, with flat textures and everything slowed down to include a second screen that the game simply doesn't need.

Just bang the map on the second screen and give us a sequel to the 64 bit masterpiece!

Also: Add in an online dog fighting mode (or, *dreaming*, co-op mode) that uses the same levels as the main game, not some fields with cuboid structures in it.

Yep, two posts above nail what the fans want. So simple. Why do they have to try and complicate things sometimes?! Fuck 2 screen Star Fox gameplay!!! It sounds shit, by all accounts it doesn't play well, and rumours the developers are struggling with it. There's NOTHING about it that gives reason to use it!