NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

It's the same demo as the one at E3. Nothing new here.

Yup. These missions are slower paced and less focused on high intensity action but more focused on stealth and dual screen gameplay - looks a bit dull to watch but is no doubt much more fun to actually play.

That's actually been the consensus from those who have played them

Just as long as they still have the fast intense arcade shoot em up levels great, variety is good. Still terrified this game will be garbage. It isn't that far away and there's been no really push on it.... No real hands in with the media or anything other than the same demo at events.

We've already seen those types of levels, and they've also been slowed down and are full of chicken walker transformations.

This is what happens when you have Shigsy shoehorning his Gamepad into a game that doesn't need it, trying desperately to prove its worth. Whilst its uses could be fun, it's completely the wrong game for it.

Edited by Retro_Link

It's strange to be so downhearted over a first party Nintendo release. Everything just seems wrong with it, the visuals, the controls, the rehashed dialogue/storyline/missions, the lack of any kind of evolution after a ten year gap in the franchise. I'm sure it'll be fun, this is a first party Ninty game after all, but it should have been so, so much more.

We've already seen those types of levels, and they've also been slowed down and are full of chicken walker transformations.

This is what happens when you have Shigsy shoehorning his Gamepad into a game that doesn't need it, trying desperately to prove its worth. Whilst its uses could be fun, it's completely the wrong game for it.

I dunno, in local co-op it seems like it could be pretty badass.

One player doing the flying, the other doing the shooting with the GamePad.

I dunno, in local co-op it seems like it could be pretty badass.

One player doing the flying, the other doing the shooting with the GamePad.

I don't understand why that could/would be fun? Seems a bit lame to me. You wouldn't do a Zelda game where one player controls the way Link moves and another controls the way he uses his sword or fires. It seems a needless way to complicate things.

This has a multiplayer, right? As in, Lylat Wars style dogfight multiplayer?

I don't understand why that could/would be fun? Seems a bit lame to me. You wouldn't do a Zelda game where one player controls the way Link moves and another controls the way he uses his sword or fires. It seems a needless way to complicate things.

Not at launch, no

Ah come on, I know you love to hate on nintendo now, but that doesn't even make sense. I'm not saying it WILL be fun, but you can see the logic in one person controlling the ship one the gun turret, like the millennium falcon!!!

And no, no dog fighting, because this is the worlds most rushed game!!

Not at launch, no

Why say this? You're implying it could come after when there's no reason whatsoever to hint at it. it's like saying Mario isn't a main character in the new zelda, well not at launch anyway.

Not at launch, no

I can't believe this game does not have a local 4-player mode! It really should have had an online multiplayer mode as well.

I was going to bring up the Millennium Falcon as well lol. Agree that this is the world's most rushed game, which is odd as they had ten years to make it.

Ah come on, I know you love to hate on nintendo now, but that doesn't even make sense. I'm not saying it WILL be fun, but you can see the logic in one person controlling the ship one the gun turret, like the millennium falcon!!!

And no, no dog fighting, because this is the worlds most rushed game!!

Why say this? You're implying it could come after when there's no reason whatsoever to hint at it. it's like saying Mario isn't a main character in the new zelda, well not at launch anyway.

Lol, I don't love to hate on anything. (I'm a lover, not a fighter)

Doing that with the Millennium Falcon would be fun...because it's still the Millennium Falcon. That video that was posted on the previous page is pretty boring and I don't really see how co-op could make that fun. Going through the whole game with your mate alongside you can definitely be fun, and I'm all for that, but I think there's better ways of implementing it.

Maybe I should rephrase the second question: Is there any multiplayer at all? What are the game modes in this aside from the single player campaign? Can you go through the whole game with a friend, for example?

I thought Miyamoto hinted about the possibility at E3

I thought Miyamoto hinted about the possibility at E3

I thought he said it isn't in at the minute but didn't rule it out, I presumed he meant in the normal development and now we know it isn't in.

Oh don't get my hopes up :)

Lol, I don't love to hate on anything. (I'm a lover, not a fighter)

Doing that with the Millennium Falcon would be fun...because it's still the Millennium Falcon. That video that was posted on the previous page is pretty boring and I don't really see how co-op could make that fun. Going through the whole game with your mate alongside you can definitely be fun, and I'm all for that, but I think there's better ways of implementing it.

Maybe I should rephrase the second question: Is there any multiplayer at all? What are the game modes in this aside from the single player campaign? Can you go through the whole game with a friend, for example?

I was only (semi) joking.

As for the co-op, I don't think it's great, but it's a bonus, don't see the issue, and it could be fun, we'll see I guess.

We have no idea about anything with this game currently, it's worryingly silent other than the same demo rolled out, even gaming publications haven't got specific hands on with it. But other than said co-op, I highly doubt there'll be any other multiplayer modes.

I don't know which levels would have the shooting/manoeuvring co-op but looking at that video above - if it's one of those levels, well, it looks dull enough controlling both at that speed let alone having half the things to do. Combining that with playing with someone that probably won't have a clue what they're doing, or doing something you don't want them to do - I dunno. I just don't have enough friends interested in this game to warrant that kind of co-op.

Seems more frustrating than a selling point to me.

Well, Affordable Space Adventures absolutely nailed it for me.

So if they create an experience only slightly as good as ASA's than I'm sold.

But we'll just have to wait and see for now...

Delayed until Q1 2016.

Yup.

Message from Mr. Miyamoto Regarding Star Fox Zero

I made a big decision last week.

We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.

To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Not surprising as the game looked super rough. Sadly, the Wii U end of year line up now looks even weaker.

Good news all round. I've said all along that I didn't think that there was any way it could realistically make for 2015 and I'm glad that I was right; cause it looked like it needed more time in the oven.

Pretty crazy that NOE went ahead and announced an actual release date before the game got delayed though. Clearly NCL didn't communicate anything properly regarding the game's development status to them...

Edited by Dcubed

You could see this coming a mile off! But it is definitely a good thing. I'd rather have a game that lives up to its potential over a rushed and unfinished effort.

A delayed game can eventually be good, a rushed game is bad for ever.

Kinda bummed about it, but it gives ample Xenoblade time.

Then there's the game I was told about before E3 which then strangely wasn't revealed. Maybe that'll be in a Direct soon.

Mayvbe the mystery game is also delayed ;)

I was going to skip Xblade tbh, but I may give it a go now, depends how things pan out

Fantastic news! I can't believe Nintendo was about to release a mediocre main series Star Fox game.

Then there's the game I was told about before E3 which then strangely wasn't revealed. Maybe that'll be in a Direct soon.

Huh? Can you say more on the subject?