NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Of course it is. It will probably take an hour and a half or so to complete.

The mission endings have "Complete" and "Accomplished" like Lylat Wars, so it will have branching paths.

The game will be short, but you play through different levels each time and it will be immensely replayable.

I may be mistaken but I thought it had been confirmed that there were no branching paths?

I may be mistaken but I thought it had been confirmed that there were no branching paths?

They didn't mention anything in the Treehouse segments, just that there are alternate ways to complete missions (like Lylat Wars).

If Starfox is an hour and a half long, I ain't buying it especially as it looks now. Definitely needs online multiplayer to give it some value.

We've heard all sorts of explanations about the visuals in StarFox Zero. Earlier during E3, Miyamoto stated that a goal was to have the game running 60fps on GamePad screen and TV, so the visuals had to be pulled back a bit. Platinum was working on making them a bit prettier. Now we're also hearing Miyamoto say that the cartoonish style is done on purpose.

“A lot of games nowadays look so realistic that they all look the same."

Miyamoto didn't want StarFox Zero falling into that, so that's another reason why we have the visuals we do.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/236663-starfox-zero-s-visual-style-is-a-reaction-to-most-games-today-loo

Told you guys it was a visual style, not them just having bad graphics.

I thought it was confirmed that there would be multiple.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/236663-starfox-zero-s-visual-style-is-a-reaction-to-most-games-today-loo

If a visual style is mistaken for bad graphics then it's not a good or clever one to go with.

To me it sounds like an excuse, and if it really is the style then it's a pretty awful one.

The graphics and art style both look very unpolished. Everyone here appreciates the art style but it needs to be vastly improved (and finished?) before the game launches.

The graphics and art style both look very unpolished. Everyone here appreciates the art style but it needs to be vastly improved (and finished?) before the game launches.

I do agree with that, but I am digging the art style :)

Graphical polish is always the last thing for Nintendo to do, so we should be good.

Anyone can decide to go for terrible visuals in a game. That doesn't make it right. The graphics are seriously poor, come on surely you can admit that.

They didn't mention anything in the Treehouse segments, just that there are alternate ways to complete missions (like Lylat Wars).

Ah, I see. So I guess it's a question of repeating the same level but with a different objective.

Anyone can decide to go for terrible visuals in a game. That doesn't make it right. The graphics are seriously poor, come on surely you can admit that.

No, they're not poor. They're stylised. They aren't aiming for realism. They're going for a cartoony, thunderbirds simplistic look. The only issue is a lack of polish, which always comes last with Nintendo.

Edited by Serebii

No, they're not poor. They're stylised. They aren't aiming for realism. They're going for a cartoony, thunderbirds simplistic look. The only issue is a lack of polish, which always comes last with Nintendo.

We know that - the problem is that they haven't done a good job of it. It's like they started and never finished the art style before showing the game.

I hate Thunderbirds. Awful $h1t on TV growing up. What was that other string puppet muck that was on?

Stinkray!!!

I hate Thunderbirds. Awful $h1t on TV growing up. What was that other string puppet muck that was on?

Thunderbirds was awesome! As was Captain Scarlet. Stingray, not so much. There were a bunch of others as well, like Joe 90 and Terrahawks. Man, I loved Terrahawks. I remember crying as a kid when the bad guys used to win the noughts and crosses game at the end. :D

We know that - the problem is that they haven't done a good job of it. It's like they started and never finished the art style before showing the game.

Never said that it didn't require a bit of work.

It's always possible that the demo was rushed out in time for E3... in fact it's very likely.

Give it time, this will be properly polished in the months to come, hopefully they'll add a lot more enemies on screen too.

Ah yes, Captain Scarlet. He should be scarlet, also brutal.

Should we be calling this game "Star F. Zero" from now on?

Only if we want to make ourselves feel sad

Graphics and art style looks like lylat wars which is awesome in my opinion , they have months to touch up a few things but it looks great. People are being far too shallow .

I properly watched a couple of videos last night for the first time and it's probably not quite as bad as I initially thought but there's still plenty of room for improvement between now and the day of release :heh:

Strangely, the font they're using for the HUD and subtitles just doesn't fit. It's obviously a minor criticism and one that can easily be fixed but it is definitely a factor in how 'cheap' it looks overall at this point :hmm:

Ultimately, I just want a fun game.. and I'm confident that could still be the case :smile: I'm looking forward to going hands-on with the new controls as they should certainly help make things feel fresh :grin:

Graphics and art style looks like lylat wars which is awesome in my opinion , they have months to touch up a few things but it looks great. People are being far too shallow .

The only thing I thought looked actually poor was that red flying saucer thing. That was straight up ugly.

I properly watched a couple of videos last night for the first time and it's probably not quite as bad as I initially thought but there's still plenty of room for improvement between now and the day of release :heh:

Strangely, the font they're using for the HUD and subtitles just doesn't fit. It's obviously a minor criticism and one that can easily be fixed but it is definitely a factor in how 'cheap' it looks overall at this point :hmm:

Ultimately, I just want a fun game.. and I'm confident that could still be the case :smile: I'm looking forward to going hands-on with the new controls as they should certainly help make things feel fresh :grin:

Comparing Treehouse Live to the E3 show demos, the Treehouse Live stuff is a bit of a later build. There's more going on

I think it's a sad day, when the vehicle sections and levels/cities in Disney Infinity [a game which has to cater for SO much], looks better IMO - and has a far more defined style and a cartoony one at that - than StarFox...

Also...

The cockpit view is crap in StarFox. It should either show the view from inside the Arwing cockpit [which could include a screen that your team mates show up on] or just be a crosshair on the screen, not some stupid blue lines which represent nothing.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think it's a sad day, when the vehicle sections and levels/cities in Disney Infinity [a game which has to cater for SO much], looks better IMO - and has a far more defined style and a cartoony one at that - than StarFox...

Also...

The cockpit view is crap in StarFox. It should either show the view from inside the Arwing cockpit [which could include a screen that your team mates show up on] or just be a crosshair on the screen, not some stupid blue lines which represent nothing.

Those blue lines represent the folds in the cockpit's window.

At least it has a nice art style. It looks stylised and gorgeous. Star Fox Zero looks like they put it together in a few months, with a barebones N64 art style.