NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

They have to delay this game, they have to. Sort the visuals out, sort the game out, add in online dogfights... Unless they know they can work magic in 6 months... but it's so bad!!

That level looks the poorest visually so far (probably why it wasn't on show), but it doesn't look like a complete mess like the Assault level. Namco did a terrible job with that game.

You didn't like Assault? I thought it was great, but hampered by the on foot levels, which were nowhere near as good as the space ones. The opening level on assault was incredible though, so much going on!

@Serebii, even if they improve the visuals, which I do tend to think they will do... the enemy and boss design just seems so totally uninspired!

Everything seems to be these horrible little triangle space ships, or triangle spiders with triangle legs... the space cruisers are all square and blocky, so is the sky boss and the inside alien core. It's not really the visuals so much as horrible art design. The whole thing needs a visual overhaul.

You didn't like Assault? I thought it was great, but hampered by the on foot levels, which were nowhere near as good as the space ones. The opening level on assault was incredible though, so much going on!

Adventure is the only Star Fox I've liked since Lylat Wars (which doesn't really count).

Which is probably why Zero is so appealing to me.

So much energy and action in that opening Assault level, it's making me want to play it again. Up res that level to modern day quality and it would put Zero to shame. It pretty much already does as is.

Zero just seems so lazy. The same style of Corneria level, the same arches, the same banter with your wingmen, the same part where Falco tells me to follow him to the right...

@Serebii, even if they improve the visuals, which I do tend to think they will do... the enemy and boss design just seems so totally uninspired!

Everything seems to be these horrible little triangle space ships, or triangle spiders with triangle legs... the space cruisers are all square and blocky, so is the sky boss and the inside alien core. It's not really the visuals so much as horrible art design. The whole thing needs a visual overhaul.

The blocky/triangle art style could be an homage to Starfox 1 and 2.

Do we know that for sure?

Either way, some things should stay in the past. A polygonal visual style chosen for technical limitations should not be purposefully replicated. Also if that's what they're going for I don't think they've done it justice. It had it's own style, this game doesn't.

water+level.jpg

639319-2sf204_copy.jpg

I totally wanna play Starwing now :grin:

Indeed. Starwing>>>>>>>>Lylat Wars.

I may start Starfox Adventures or Starfox Assault as my next game.

Assault > Starwing > Lylat Wars > Command for me

With Adventures being excellent as well.

Watched a bit of Starfox Adventures yesterday. Such a good looking game. It give the StarFox world a chance to shine and fill it with charm and character.

I want a VC release of Starfox 2. It won't happen due to the SuperFX Chip crap but I want it

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I thought everyone KNEW it was (yes, knew)

Lylat Wars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wing>>>>>>Command>>>Adventures

I want to play 3DS remake, command and Assault, just realised, some how, I don't have Assault in my collection...

Anyone want to lend me it? Or sell me it?!

The three I liked were Star Fox, Star Fox 64 3D and Command. Just my 2 cents. :heh:

Honestly don't think this looks like a bad game at all, yet can still see what others are pointing out. Maybe if they dropped the GamePad usage they could improve the graphics.

Anyway, I'm just pleased it's not a board game with Team Star Fox amiibos. Oh crap, I think I know which ones are coming next!

Nice one! Be good to hear your thoughts on the game. Personally think it's hugely under-rated.

Nice one! Be good to hear your thoughts on the game. Personally think it's hugely under-rated.

I'm pretty sure I liked it back when I played it back in the day.

I've just done the first mission. It felt very much like the Battle of Endor scene in Return of the Jedi/Rogue Leader.

I'm on the second mission now. Time to see how I do on foot.

Man, the GameCube controller was nigh on perfect. Even now it just feels sooooo good.

What sort of world am I living in where people think a game in which extra lives were called 'Bafomdads' is better than Lylat Wars?!

'Bafomdads'...

it's still used as a joke between me and my chums to this day, along with spot on impressions of "Nope! That's too low!" From the merchant lizard (think it was a lizard) :D

Adventures was better than it reviewed at the time, but I still wish Shiggsy had kept his nose out and it stayed as Dinosaur Planet :)

Indeed. Starwing>>>>>>>>Lylat Wars.

I may start Starfox Adventures or Starfox Assault as my next game.

Dude.. I'm not even joking but I was gonna play through Assault this weekend :grin:

I had it on recently for a couple of levels and, whilst it was a little disappointing, I want to clear the entire game again! It'll be interesting to see how we feel about it :heh:

I also have an Adventures file at 30% to resume from a few months ago!

Dude.. I'm not even joking but I was gonna play through Assault this weekend :grin:

I had it on recently for a couple of levels and, whilst it was a little disappointing, I want to clear the entire game again! It'll be interesting to see how we feel about it :heh:

I also have an Adventures file at 30% to resume from a few months ago!

I'm gonna say this again....STOP COPYING ME! :D

I remember Assault being a lot longer than what I'm experiencing here. I'm already on chapter 6 of 10. I'm having a blast playing it though.

The Titania level they just showed on Treehouse looked a lot better tbf. Still not good enough but not bad.

All done!

image_zpsrmpb3fhu.jpg

I had a great time playing through this again. There were so many parts that I had forgotten, such as fighting on Dinosaur Planet. Unfortunately that meant putting up with Tricky again, even if it was just for a short while. :)

I loved how the stages changed on the fly. On the fourth stage I started off on foot, then went into the Landmaster, jumped onto the wing of an Arwing and finally ended the stage flying the Arwing myself. Crazy.

The final boss took some doing. I was hammering the A button like a mad man! Strangely, I found the first form of the queen to be the trickiest.

The only criticism I have was that the controls for the on foot sections were a little looser than I would have liked. I found myself falling off narrow walkways a few times because of this.

I think I'll crack on with Starfox Adventures tomorrow. :D

Yep Titania does look better, and that showed off during the direct too. I think having the extra effect of the sandstorm takes away the spare feeling. The boss looks noticeably better than any other too.

Is that the circular space station from the other arwing levels crashed on this planet?

COMPARISON: *StarFox Zero* VS *StarFox 64 3D* / *Sector Alpha* VS *Sector Y*