NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

I can't believe you posted that. I seen it earlier and said NO! Is this a reactionary video from Nintendo to the negative backlash?

around 0:50 mark the arwing "swoops" but.. it just doesn't look like it has speed behind it... I hope there is an expert mode where the arwing moves a lot more fluidly, a bit like the 200cc mode in mk8

I can't believe you posted that. I seen it earlier and said NO! Is this a reactionary video from Nintendo to the negative backlash?

We don't pick and choose which official videos to share. All are valid.

Incredible delusion in that last paragraph.

Nice kick in the balls for Monolith Soft too. Great work Shigsy!

Given the work on both Chronicles and Chronicles X, I'm hoping someone at Monolith is at least sensible, laughed at the idea, realised they were serious and then politely declined the offer whilst trying not to laugh more.

Anyhow - I think that's just the biggest issue with this game for people right now. In the past, graphically it was good or went with the limitations of the time - to purposefully choose that sort of art style in the current climate just seems incredibly silly. People were never even getting on the games for their looks anyway(at least I doubt it).

Wouldn't be surprised as it seems it to me. At least they've got one sensible person in the E3 PR team somewhere to have come up with the idea so swift if so!

God it looks so bad. Ugly and way too slow. This isn't good enough to show at E3, what were they thinking?!

E3 2015: Star Fox Zero Started as a Protoype for Wii

Nintendo's upcoming Wii U exclusive Star Fox Zero didn't get its development start on the company's tablet-centric console; the game actually began as a prototype for the original Wii.

"I work very closely with the programmer of Star Fox 64. Basically, every time we get new hardware, we do a Star Fox prototype," Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto told Game Informer.

"This Star Fox started out being based on a prototype we created for the Wii. We took that prototype and thought about what we could do with it, he continued. "We came back and just said that this should be a Star Fox game."

While Nintendo considered having Monolith Soft develop Star Fox Zero, the company ultimately settled on Platinum Games, the studio behind last year's Bayonetta 2. Sadly, the game won't have online multiplayer, but Miyamoto has said a cooperative mode is a possibility.

And seemingly the visuals and ideas for multiplayer haven't been updated since the Wii prototype phase either.

I can see this working with the pointer controls better tbh.

Although they're great companies that Nintendo are giving work to, it's quite crazy how much seems to be outsourced these days from the main EAD divisions. Anything that's not a platformer or party game, basically :p

(Yes, I know Splatoon was totally in-house!)

I guess the workload on development these days is that much bigger.

Although they're great companies that Nintendo are giving work to, it's quite crazy how much seems to be outsourced these days from the main EAD divisions. Anything that's not a platformer or party game, basically :p

(Yes, I know Splatoon was totally in-house!)

I guess the workload on development these days is that much bigger.

It is indeed. Nintendo work with outside companies on pretty much all of their games now just out of sheer necessity (Monolith Soft helped out on Splatoon BTW ;) )

It's their way of getting around the extra manpower requirements without having to increase the size of their internal teams (which results in their company culture being damaged and development impeded - a factor that has taken down many a company last generation)

Very happy to hear that I can disable the gyro controls. That may have been a deal breaker for me. Don't need them in Splatoon and I don't want them in this either.

You don't use them in Splatoon? I think they work brilliantly!

I don't want them in this though

I only watched a couple of minutes of that but, in a weird way, I actually feel a little better about the game :heh: I'm confident that it'll be in much better shape by the time it comes out and I'm genuinely excited to try out the new controls :grin:

I'm not so hung up on the graphics and think the gameplay looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this and Mario Maker.

Why not? If they are done properly it actually makes you look less silly, because as far as I can remember, I was moving my joystick like it made any difference and now it finally does :D.

You need time do get use to it, but I do like it more and more.

The games director has confirmed that Star Wolf will be in the game.

[TWEET]611311803843350529[/TWEET]

Why not? If they are done properly it actually makes you look less silly, because as far as I can remember, I was moving my joystick like it made any difference and now it finally does :D.

You need time do get use to it, but I do like it more and more.

Haha, that was something I never actually did. I like motion controls in general, but they have to work. It MAY work brilliantly, but from last year I hated the idea as I don't want to be looking at the gamepad playing this, I want it to be a pure arcade shooter, loads of enemies, fast, intense.... I knew with gamepad controls they'd have to slow it down and reduce the enemies. It may be good, but it doesn't sound like the game I wanted. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

They're now saying online could be considered later.... This game is so rushed.... Delay it for nx, sort the graphics out, add in online!

Oh my god I just watched that video. It's so depressing... So painfully slow. The gamepad controls look awful..... Oh boy....

Haha, that was something I never actually did. I like motion controls in general, but they have to work. It MAY work brilliantly, but from last year I hated the idea as I don't want to be looking at the gamepad playing this, I want it to be a pure arcade shooter, loads of enemies, fast, intense.... I knew with gamepad controls they'd have to slow it down and reduce the enemies. It may be good, but it doesn't sound like the game I wanted. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

They're now saying online could be considered later.... This game is so rushed.... Delay it for nx, sort the graphics out, add in online!

Oh my god I just watched that video. It's so depressing... So painfully slow. The gamepad controls look awful..... Oh boy....

I am not talking about looking into the gamepad, that's something that has to be really done properly to work (like in Zombie U, RE:R, even Steamworld - these are the games I have, while in Splatoon I am still 50:50 about it), I am only talking about motion controls.

How to hell didn't you do that before? Not only my hands, but I (and everyone I know) would move my whole body in tense situations :D.

Edited by Kounan

I am not talking about looking into the gamepad, that's something that has to be really done properly to work (like in Zombie U, RE:R, even Steamworld - these are the games I have, while in Splatoon I am still 50:50 about it), I am only talking about motion controls.

How to hell didn't you do that before? Not only my hands, but I (and everyone I know) would move our whole body in tense situations :D.

Yeah I know, loads of my mates did that! Freaks! :)

You don't use them in Splatoon? I think they work brilliantly!

Hell no! I hate motion controls with a passion ( so glad that most games don't use them now ) and turn them off whenever possible.

I do fine without them when playing Splatoon.

Watching yesterday's Treehouse footage, and I really like what I see. I like how they don't "lock" you into the transformation - if you go into chicken walker section with small corridors, you can still turn into the Arwing, even though you're likely to crash.

When you compare the space level of Zero to the equivalent in Assault, just what is going on with this game!?

I was going to do the exact same thing. The first level in Assault was awesome, 10x the energy and visual flair that Zero has, which frankly looks like a tech demo in comparison :(

That level looks the poorest visually so far (probably why it wasn't on show), but it doesn't look like a complete mess like the Assault level. Namco did a terrible job with that game.

I have faith that Platinum will crank up the visual flair by launch