NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Online, right now is not a consideration.

“So, we’re really prioritising getting this new game playing at 60 frames-per-second. In previous Star Fox games we had focused a lot on dogfighting, but here we’re really focused more the single-player experience.

“Of course, as we continue on and once people get a feeling for the game… as the process continues if we find that we do think it’d be really good we’ll definitely consider it, but right now we’re not.” - Shigeru Miyamoto.

...Thats just effed up - to think after all the complaints about a lack of online in Nintendo games and what online does to the longevity of games - that Miyamoto will still hold this opinion... Messed up.

To be honest, I think this game could be really cool. The lock-on system seems quite nifty and if you are able to fly in one direction and shoot in another could be really cool. The walker transformation was ripped from Starfox 2, so I wonder if there won't be more stuff like that.

The walker transformation was ripped from Starfox 2, so I wonder if there won't be more stuff like that.

Speaking of which...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Always hated the idea of this game since last year. I knew the gamepad would be a huge factor and I'm pretty confident it will ruin it. Not excited at all, it'll likely be good, but that's it!! Can't believe what they're doing.

They did this 2 scree gaming thing, had some good ideas, then absolutely abandoned it. Occasionally bringing it back out to destroy the odd franchise. It could've been great, but it's been an absolute bane on the system

Looks like a GameCube game at best.

If they made it less rough then i'll be all over this as it does look like it could be fun.

Strange thing is that Platinum is the one dealing with story, art direction, graphics etc. while Nintendo are doing all the mechanics

To be honest, I think this game could be really cool. The lock-on system seems quite nifty and if you are able to fly in one direction and shoot in another could be really cool. The walker transformation was ripped from Starfox 2, so I wonder if there won't be more stuff like that.

The Landmaster transforms into a heavier flying vehicle. There's also a gyrocopter-like ship which drops a tiny robot to explore small holes and press buttons.

It can be a really good game if they polish the graphics and gameplay. It feels very sketchy now. Hopefully delayed to Spring 2016 after E3 reactions.

Just watched the IGN 15 minute hands on with this, looks so good from a game play point of view. Really excited to hear the Nintendo rep say the controls are like Splatoon, I tried to play the Gears of War Beta moving my controller around to get a better view, it's so intuitive!

Very excited for this :)

Graphics look decent , and it's not the reason why a game while be judged ,

Gameplay and fun is what I care about and this looks like lylat wars 2

Similar to the war starfox 2 was in comparison to 1

Just re watched the trailer on my Wii U, graphically looks a lot better than it did when watching on the Direct, still not on a par with other U games though...

Nintendo just reconfirmed that you can turn the gyro off

This is key for me. I'm happy with independent aiming, seems like a natural progression and decent addition to game play. My worry is - likes every two screen set up - its too distracting, breaks the immersion, were getting so little in return for Miyamoto forcing dud mechanics into the game.

The visuals seem basic right now, I really wanted to see more complex environments, weaving in and out of skyscrapers in Corneria City, dog fights in giant forests and ancient ruins.

It's clear Nintendo still has no interest in creating a Starfox game, just leveraging IP into experimental crap for the abomination that it the Gamepad. The sooner they get shot of that thing the better.

So am I the only one who has been waiting 18 years for a Star Fox game like this?

So am I the only one who has been waiting 18 years for a Star Fox game like this?

The game seems fun, I think the big issue for most people is the visuals. They're frankly shocking and not just the textures or art style, but the environments just feel empty. Obviously gameplay is king and that's what matters, but it's hard to get past the dated look.

I think the lighting is the main thing - I suspect proper lighting/shadows will be added later and it will make a huge difference.

Gamer play wise i looks good, but it just seems to lack the usual nintendo polish on its viauals, and to say Platinum are doing those, who themselves are nearly always as good as nintendo visual wise its just laughable, the gamecube era graphics comparisons are apt.

Right now when i'm thinking Rogue Squadron looks better its depressing

And maybe populate the environments a bit more, ok WAY more.

This is also what I really miss. It's just to empty.

You're not alone, I really want this kind of Star Fox game. :)

It will be interesting to see how this title fares in development over the next few months though, especially if it's to hit the intended 2015 release which was displayed.

Highlight of the digital event for me though.

Since this is the only true Starfox game I've gotton since the N64 era (and that little part in Bayonetta 2) I'm pretty excited about this. Once they pollish it up and add some stuff after E3 then It should be a great game.

No, I have too!

I actually thought it looked really good and at that point of the Direct, I thought Nintendo were off to a winner.

I don't think the game looks nearly as bad as most are saying. But I do have a couple of issues with it. Firstly, the ground looks very empty and like it is covered with flat textures, the grass and roads just look very 'N64'. As if things haven't quite been finished or moved forward.

The other thing that is a little ropey is the basic enemy models, they look very much like the N64 ones, very basic polygon shapes.

I still think it looks like the StarFox game we have all been waiting for, and a lot can change in six months of development.

Given the lack of meaty single player story driven games on Wii U I would have just as happily taken another Starfox Adventures style game. A nice 30 hour single player storyline to get lost in.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/first_impressions_our_maiden_flight_in_star_fox_zero_prompts_mixed_emotions

Yep.. This game is definitely a miss for me, all my fears confirmed.

Why do they have to include the gamepad rubbish. Just give me a game with normal controls and lush graphics.

Don't need gamepad use forced on me for no good reason.

Edited by khilafah