NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Visually it looks stunning, No one can deny this game is pretty to look at, the gameplay could use some more tweaking from the looks of it though. But other than that I'm looking forward to it.

Personally, I'm not sure about the art style yet. Some stuff looks great, some stuff looks like it belongs in Nintendoland.

Visually it looks stunning, No one can deny this game is pretty to look at, the gameplay could use some more tweaking from the looks of it though. But other than that I'm looking forward to it.

I dunno. I think people are just not liking the idea of the new mechanics.

If there's reason to bitch about Starfox, it's at the lack of online

Hopefully those who play this over the next few days will give us some understanding of how this works. I've been happy with the idea of independent aimkng, but mktion aiming, swapping views seems too distracting.

If there's reason to bitch about Starfox, it's at the lack of online

Is that a confirmed no-line?

Hopefully those who play this over the next few days will give us some understanding of how this works. I've been happy with the idea of independent aimkng, but mktion aiming, swapping views seems too distracting.

Press fact sheet just says "Players 1-2". No mention of online

Online, right now is not a consideration.

“So, we’re really prioritising getting this new game playing at 60 frames-per-second. In previous Star Fox games we had focused a lot on dogfighting, but here we’re really focused more the single-player experience.

“Of course, as we continue on and once people get a feeling for the game… as the process continues if we find that we do think it’d be really good we’ll definitely consider it, but right now we’re not.” - Shigeru Miyamoto.

Starfox Zero is done by Platinum Games. Megaton

That explains the horribly unpolished art style and visuals then.

As Daemon on IGN said, in terms of looks, this did not look like a game that should be coming in the modern day. Absolute garbage art style. Starfox Assault had 10x the polish and visual flair that this rubbish does.

What's worrying is the 2015 release date. You would expect it to be looking up to standard by now.

3D World was revealed at E3 and out later in the year. This was announced last E3 and doesn't look up to much.

The Landmaster level looked the nicest, but the Landmaster isn't what you go into Starfox for.

The Arwing level taking place around that red robot above an island just looks plain bad.

Them re-using the same Corneria level from Lylat Wars doesn't fill me with much confidence either. Especially as it basically looks like the same game just in HD.

Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space dogfighting adventure.
AGw7jej.gif

Somebody who, unlike me, is actually good at GIFs could probably put the game's logo on the door or something.

Them re-using the same Corneria level from Lylat Wars doesn't fill me with much confidence either. Especially as it basically looks like the same game just in HD.

It's a completely different level. Just the same planet they use as the first level in most games.

They're showing off a new level with a helicopter vehicle. You can let loose a small robot. Looks like a nice change of pace to the standard levels.

Also, the two screens can be switched at any time with the - button

It's a completely different level. Just the same planet they use as the first level in most games.

Ok fair enough, these parts just look very familiar

starfox.jpg

starfox2.jpg

Oh my... that second screenshot.

How have the FAST team done this...

WR5VUha.jpg

and Nintendo and Platinum in a year done that?!

Oh my... that second screenshot.

How have the FAST team done this...

WR5VUha.jpg

and Nintendo and Platinum in a year done that?!

Easy. They use blur to hide dodgy textures.

Easy. They use blur to hide dodgy textures.
Then watch the FAST trailer.

How are we gonna play StarFox when Nintendo have to hide the entire game behind blur?

I am a big fan of "space" games, but I do agree that they need to upgrade the graphics on Starfox (from what we have seen) for me and probably a lot of other gamers to buy it.

Second biggest disappointment this E3 after Metroid. Graphically, I think Nintendo can do a lot better.

Co-op allows one person to fly the ship, another do do aiming.

Both screens run constantly at 60fps.

Edited by Cube

Lylat Wars is one of my favourite games ever. I'm trying hard not to think cynically whilst watching the Star Fox Zero video, it's not really working though. It's like Nintendo haven't done their homework and had to rustle something together at the last minute.

Nintendo are usually king of art design, that's why this is such a WTF moment. Still, it looks fun and that's obviously the important thing.

The only bit in the trailer that looks good visually is the landmaster boss fight. Otherwise, the art style is unbelievably poor. Almost no lighting (look at the vertical pink beams), horrible paint-by-numbers colours, smeary bland textures and nasty level geometry... Even the sky boxes and character portraits are blurry and lacking in artistic flare!

I hope there's still time to attend to all this. Quite a shock from Nintendo after imaginative and polished projects like Kirby, Yoshi, MK8 and Splatoon.

I am reminded of the first time we saw Starfox Assault, and it looked awful, but looked fine at release. I also remember that Hyrule Warriors used Ocarina of Time designs when it was first shown.

I'm not putting too much stock into how the game looks like right now, honestly.

Visuals look kinda weak (basically like a spruced up Starfox 64 3D), but the gameplay looks awesome!

I wonder if Kamiya is involved in this as well...

Thing is, I can't remember the last time Nintendo were ever proud to show of something so unpolished.

It looks as empty and minimalist as the Zelda U footage at the Game Awards.