NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Definitely looks more like a downloadable experiment with focus on the control scheme than a full-fledged Star Fox game, but I could be wrong.

Definitely looks more like a downloadable experiment with focus on the control scheme than a full-fledged Star Fox game, but I could be wrong.

Most likely:

Honestly I don’t have a clear idea myself yet, but one thing I’m thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess I’d describe this new approach as something that’s more like a TV series for Star Fox.[/Quote]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VZqoCPSkFViaoIqrtuMgJDz9PoX1k2EKXD3pCjIxfTw/edit

OH MY GOD?!?! Really??! on the front fucking page so people can't help but be spoiled?! AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!!!

That looks silly. Nobody wants to play a game holding a controller like that.

Wow..

Nintendo trying so hard to make use of the gamepad. Why would anyone want to control the game like that.

It's laughable...

I think everyone should hold judgement until we see it presented properly. Not a screen grab and some second-string blurb.

Doesn't use the gamepad - get criticised.

Uses the gamepad - gets criticised.

Lose lose situation.

Lose lose situation.

I don't think these guys are moaning that they are using the gamepad, it's using the gamepad in the way exhibited in the picture, as it's really not comfortable.

Going to wait until they show it off fully before I formulate a full opinion on it, but if that image is anything to go by, I haven't got much hope.

Can't knock it until you've tried it! Wait and see what the next couple of days brings, way too little known right now to make a judgement either way!

Seriously, I love Starfox. I got so many hours of enjoyment out of the N64 version it's unreal.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that this is a fully fledged game that pushes the system and not some oversized tech demo to show off an new way to use the gamepad. If it is, I'll explode with anger.

I'm sure it'll have a regular control option too. I'm just happy they acknowledge there's still an appetite for Starfox games.

I think everyone should hold judgement until we see it presented properly. Not a screen grab and some second-string blurb.

Fo sho. In the interview about it he says that it's been in development for a long time and implies it started as a demo, so clearly there's a lot of ideas involved.

OH MY GOD?!?! Really??! on the front fucking page so people can't help but be spoiled?! AWESOME!!!! Thank you!!!!

You realise this is a news website right?

Doesn't use the gamepad - get criticised.

Lose lose situation.

Win situation - never design the bloody thing.

*prepares plans for a time machine*

You realise this is a news website right?

I meant on the forum.

Anyway, reggie just confirmed it in passing on ign in a blasé way... What a limp reveal for starfox, bizarre!

I meant on the forum.

Anyway, reggie just confirmed it in passing on ign in a blasé way... What a limp reveal for starfox, bizarre!

Well it was confirmed during the direct, really.

They said it's REALLY EARLY and you control it with the sticks, but the gamepad means you can shoot in different directions... So basically a twin stick shooter with the gamepad being the second stick... I think it sounds really worrying personally... But meant to be very early!

They said it's REALLY EARLY and you control it with the sticks, but the gamepad means you can shoot in different directions... So basically a twin stick shooter with the gamepad being the second stick... I think it sounds really worrying personally... But meant to be very early!

I'm actually a little concerned too, even at this early stage :hmm: If they wanted a Starfox game with shooting that was independent of your Arwing movement, surelt something like Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies is the perfect inspiration! Controlling the Arwing with the anaologue stick of the nunchuk whilst pointing to shoot down foes with the Wii Remote seems logical.. but we'll see how they try to further justify the Wii U Gamepad's existence :wink:

They also said it has been in development for 6 years

I'm positively stoaked to see a new Starfox, even if it is really early and Nintendo aim to make an episodic release.

I have a theory on how the look and shoot mechanics may work.

It's from a Wii U game idea I had a few years back, which got an unofficial approval from Saab (the fighter jet manufacturer). You have a normal view on the TV-screen, while the Gamepad screen shows what you're aiming the pad at. The pad is used to designate targets in your surroundings, and to guide radar-guided missiles (if you've played any flight sims, you know that radar-missiles aren't usually fire and forget, you need to point the nose of your plane against the target until impact, or it'll miss).

Was this the biggest fuck up of the event so far or what?! Everyone wants a star fox game, it's the biggest new game they had to unveil, and they absolutely ballsed up the reveal

- it got leaked early, shame but so what could still be great

- blurred out shot of miayomo playing it, teased ruined because we knew what it was

- Reggie then goes immediately to IGN and says yeah it's coming next year

- IGN and sites have hands on reports of it

- Miyamoto roundtable...

At the end of the conference, even if it was just a logo, or a little footage, just some way of going BANG!!! Coming 2015. Would've been so much more exciting, but it absolutely limped out.... It was so bizarre!!!