NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Live Treehouse stream just started. Thank gawd they aren't being hosted by those two from Nintendo Minute. I'm sure they're nice but not great to watch.

Anyone else feeling like there's a bit of a shortage of things to talk about?

There weren't even that many threads to bump or videos to post.

It's weird. Previous E3s have been these crazy hectic times where I end up frantically doing stuff until midnight. I'm just about to go make dinner...

It's different and it's quieter. It seems Nintendo don't care about 'trying' E3 in the conventional sense any more.

Regarding ruby and sapphire why don't they just release retail version on the 28th but digital on the 21st?

Metroid and Mother are dead certs at some point this E3 too. Based on the offhanded mentions

Live Treehouse stream just started. Thank gawd they aren't being hosted by those two from Nintendo Minute. I'm sure they're nice but not great to watch.
I'm a bit concerned they're gonna be a bit spoilerific. It's nice to watch them play the games but I'm not sure how long for :p

Can I just point out how awesome Captain Toad looks?

Something hilarious about how pathetic he is. Adds to the charm.

Metroid and Mother are dead certs at some point this E3 too. Based on the offhanded mentions

Mother?!

If this is true, it would be absolutely criminal that it didn't get a mention during the main presentation.

In honesty Captain Toad.....i'm quite liking it, I dont think i'd get it but might be nice game for my girlfriend for Xmas :)

Mother?!

If this is true, it would be absolutely criminal that it didn't get a mention during the main presentation.

Well, they mentioned Starfox, Metroid and Mother randomly in the Digital Event... Starfox has come out of it and there are more announcements coming...

I've done some live streaming stuff recent (at the Twitch office - natch!) and little things happen and its never perfect, but damn!

I was determined to go with Twitch throughout this E3. They have offered a pretty good service despite the surge in popularity this year, went for Twitch Turbo, but really disappointed by the stupid amount of hiccups yesterday.

Aiming a little too high, and I'm still not exactly sure what to make of them using certain Twitch partners for the coverage and interviews.

In honesty Captain Toad.....i'm quite liking it, I dont think i'd get it but might be nice game for my girlfriend for Xmas :)

That's code for "I want this game but am too embarrassed to admit it.

Everyone wants Captain Toad, even if they don't know it yet.

It seems Nintendo don't care about 'trying' E3 in the conventional sense any more.

I really don't know what you mean. It seems to me that Nintendo are going all out this E3 in a way they haven't done for years. We're being bombarded with streams and loads of content throughout the show. + Reggie said they're going to reveal new things throughout the three days.

It's so weird. Nintendo have talked about momentum... They have it with mario kart... But now nothing seems to be coming out. 2015 is insane... But they need it now, otherwise it's the same old problem... Unless they have more to announce...

I don' see it as so bad - summer has always been the season of fewer games, no?

So its:

Hyrule Warriors 26 Sept

Bayonetta (which I didn't give an arse about but now Im psyched) Oct

Smash Nov

Theres a few more right?

In any case...

Iwata_drop_bombs.gif

I really don't know what you mean. It seems to me that Nintendo are going all out this E3 in a way they haven't done for years. We're being bombarded with streams and loads of content throughout the show. + Reggie said they're going to reveal new things throughout the three days.

I mean the whole big bombastic conference with back-to-back stuff. This was much slower, more laid-back. We spent what, 5+ minutes on Smash, Zelda and Splatoon alone.

Typically I would expect a trailer at the end along the lines of 'and this is the stuff we haven't shown but expect to see during the show' - Mario vs DK, Mario Party 10, Fantasy Life etc.

I loved how they made references to those things.. even the Luigi Death Stare :love:

I agree. MS and Sony are done.

Nintendo revealed a crap tonne of games, and are revealing more and more over the next two days. They also have the biggest E3 presence they've ever had

I don' see it as so bad - summer has always been the season of fewer games, no?

So its:

Hyrule Warriors 26 Sept

Bayonetta (which I didn't give an arse about but now Im psyched) Oct

Smash Nov

Theres a few more right?

In any case...

Iwata_drop_bombs.gif

Devil's Third is listed as 2014 too

I can't see Smash 3DS being Oct and then as you've put it, Smash Wii U November.

Way too close together.

All her moves are based on the items from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Her Final Smash, for example, uses Black Hole to trap opponents and hits them with a Mega Laser.

I didn't think that would be how she'd fight, but I'm glad it is.

Ahhhhh, I never got round to Uprising so my apologies for my ignorance!

On a Zelda related note, anyone not at all surprised of no Majora's Mask 3D remake?

I mean I know that there is a slight chance it could be on the show floor as Ocarina of Time 3D was only a demo to begin with..but still?

Whats peoples opinions?

Remake it on what - the 3DS? I've been of the opinion for a long time, and still am, that given the 3DS's portability and sleep function it just won't be the same game and they might not wish to do that with it. Lockout the sleep function if possible and maybe you got something going on.

Personally, whilst I felt it was missing that one killer reveal with an amazing graphical push and more Western theme (Metroid would have been perfect) they didn't show a single game I don't want to purchase.

I just think in the position they are in, they needed more. Captain Toad, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Maker and Splatoon are all probably going to be wonderful games - but none of them are shifting the console.

Bayonetta, Zelda and X all have system selling qualities, but we've known about them for too long now.

Also - what the hell are they doing hiding the new Star Fox, that could have been the front and centre killer reveal I'm talking about!

I can't see Smash 3DS being Oct and then as you've put it, Smash Wii U November.

Way too close together.

Why? They originally were going to be the same time.

They'll want it by Black Friday.

Why? They originally were going to be the same time.

They'll want it by Black Friday.

We'll see.

That Game Over music on Project Giant Robot is hilarious.

Looks like good, silly fun!

OMG LOOOOOOLL!!!

I love the sad music for when your Giant Robot falls over and explodes :laughing:

The game as a whole looks like QWOP with motion controls and robots :laughing:

Giant Robot looks like it's been fished out of the toilet after someone had a steaming turd... what were you thinking Miyamoto..?!

Giant Robot looks like it's been fished out of the toilet after someone had a steaming turd... what were you thinking Miyamoto..?!

It's very early in development though, right?

I think this'll be one of those game that will have a totally different visual style when it's ready to be released.