NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Nintendo should launch the GameCube Virtual Console with F-ZERO GX. Let us have it.

Man, just give me all the GameCube games on Virtual Console.

NINTENDO DOMINATES E3 TWITTER TALK WITH MENTIONS IN 47% OF ALL EXPO TWEETS

Nintendo caused a social media storm at this year’s E3 by becoming the most talked about games company on Twitter. According to social media monitoring service Crimson Hexagon, Nintendo dominated last week’s E3 event with 47 per cent of all related tweets mentioning the company. The most popular tweet was*from Nintendo of America’s official account teasing Shigeru Miyamoto’s appearance on the Treehouse live-stream.

Among other popular tweets was one from Twitter user @dropkickpikachu saying: “”Nintendo has just shown more playable female character’s in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far.” Crimson Hexagon also reports that the Nintendo hashtag was used 30,000 times during the event, while #e32014 up to 55,000 times.

Competitors Sony and Microsoft took 28 and 25 per cent of the Twitter conversation, respectively. It’s clear Nintendo shined at last week’s gaming event with the addition of Treehouse live-streams on top of its Digital Event – did you contribute to Nintendo’s social media storm? Let us know in the comments below.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/17/nintendo-dominates-e3-twitter-talk-with-mentions-in-47-of-all-expo-tweets/

Fair play to them, they caused quite a stir this year. Quite a few people were eager to show me the new Zelda, and that overworld view got quite a bit of exposure over Facebook.

didnotreadkjkyo.gif

I guess he finally overdosed on too much Zelda.

Edited by Fused King

didnotreadkjkyo.gif

I guess he finally overdosed on too much Zelda.

What was that?

What was that?

In the Hyrule Warriors thread, there's a video with a Q&A where Aonuma just decided to do that while others were answering a question about Cuccos.

So one week later. Am I correct in saying very little was announced after the initial Digital Event? I mean people were predicting loads of little bits of information afterwards but apart from a few Smash characters, Miyamoto's tech demos and one 3DS game nothing else happened, right?

So one week later. Am I correct in saying very little was announced after the initial Digital Event? I mean people were predicting loads of little bits of information afterwards but apart from a few Smash characters, Miyamoto's tech demos and one 3DS game nothing else happened, right?

Technically everything the Treehouse showed was new to us.

We got exclusive looks at demos which showed things we didn't know anything about such as the mech in Bayonetta 2, that bitchin' Moon attack in Hyrule Warriors or the vastness of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Technically everything the Treehouse showed was new to us.

We got exclusive looks at demos which showed things we didn't know anything about such as the mech in Bayonetta 2, that bitchin' Moon attack in Hyrule Warriors or the vastness of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I meant terms of announcing new games. I don't see Sony or Microsoft making a big deal out of certain attacks in a single game.*

*Admittedly I didn't even watch any other conferences this year.

Fantasy Life and STMIV localisations were confirmed as well.

A lot of stuff was announced in the weeks leading up to E3.

I don't see Sony or Microsoft making a big deal out of certain attacks in a single game.

Nintendo themselves didn't make a big deal out of it either, it's just something that stood out during the Treehouse. It was a really bitchin' attack