NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Wow! There's a lot of depth to S.T.E.A.M! :o

The gameplay is indeed very similar to Valkyria Chronicles, but seemingly with much more depth with how you can abuse the Steam fuel system and Overwatch. The level design layouts also seem to play a larger role than in VC as well, with the focus on verticality, exploration and secret areas that are only accessible by certain characters...

... Speaking of which, I like how each character has their own special unique abilities and items and such. Very reminiscent of Advance Wars :)

True, but there are only so many times I can be told about how Splatoon works before I go crazy.

Hahaha, nice to see the same game I'm finding annoying right now is rubbing off on you too! Splatoon looks like a shit load of fun, but when they're keeping in vanilla right now (they've admitted some weapons aren't available to be used in the E3 build) and nothing new is coming out about it, it's annoying the crap out of me.

I wish they'd just pop up and go "Surprise! The E3 demo build is available on the eShop for a limited time!". Nintendo has had none of the "available immediately" surprises, which is disappointing.

Hahaha, nice to see the same game I'm finding annoying right now is rubbing off on you too! Splatoon looks like a shit load of fun, but when they're keeping in vanilla right now (they've admitted some weapons aren't available to be used in the E3 build) and nothing new is coming out about it, it's annoying the crap out of me.

I wish they'd just pop up and go "Surprise! The E3 demo build is available on the eShop for a limited time!". Nintendo has had none of the "available immediately" surprises, which is disappointing.

Indeed. Was hoping for some nice surprise eShop releases, at least some surprise Virtual Console releases outside of the two Pacman games.

It is a little disappointing that this time last year Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong (which ok slipped in the end) were announced to be released the same year!

The equivalent this year is Captain Toad...

(not that it doesn't look great)

Yes Smash is planned for Christmas and there are big games on the horizon, but still. 2014 is pretty quite, it could have done with a big surprise.

Edited by Retro_Link

The equivalent this year is Captain Toad...

(not that it doesn't look great)

Yeah, Captain Toad actually looks more appealing to me than Super Mario 3D World at this point! The problem is I'm still waiting to see how much depth it is, as I've always found it so hard to pay full price for some Mario games. Don't call me out on that, I know my logic is kinda twisted!

Super Smash Bros for 3DS is next
Smash is the one I'm bored of seeing. Seen LOADS of it now.

Smash is the one I'm bored of seeing. Seen LOADS of it now.

I'm bored of it too, but there's still a lot more depth to it so you do get small glimpses of new stuff in comparison to Splatoon.

I think Smash would be far more painful to see more of if the 3DS version hadn't been delayed.

Watching Smash again and again is more like torture. "Still gotta wait for October? Noooooooooooooooooo!!"

Watching Smash again and again is more like torture. "Still gotta wait for October? Noooooooooooooooooo!!"

September for me bwahahahahahaha

Hmm... Why has Reggie got 2 3DS' on him...

Edit: Ahh, he's just showing off his Streetpasses...

Hmm... Why has Reggie got 2 3DS' on him...

...I kinda take 2 3DS' around with me.

Not really selling system storage is he :p

I'm curious as to whether they're both American or tge other one is to circumvent the region lock :P

NEVERMIND! Looks like "Reggie coming up" does not mean "new reveal time!", but more like "Let's have this prick waste our time"

Edited by Debug Mode

I'm curious as to whether they're both American or tge other one is to circumvent the region lock :P

NEVERMIND! Looks like "Reggie coming up" does not mean "new reveal time!", but more like "Let's have this prick waste our time"

Someone's grumpy :p

Someone's grumpy :p

Shhh, you can't tell me that whenever Reggie appears you can't help but expect some big news! I honestly thought he was going somewhere with his "3DS issue".

Ok I think the Treehouse has run it's course.

Yeah, I watched the STEAM stuff ( think the art direction is awful ) and then called it a day. I didn't really enjoy yesterday's offerings and today seems to be just more of the same. I honestly don't think they needed to make this a three day thing. Two days, tops.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

HUGE SUCCEEDED!!!

I so hope that they leave that alone in the final English version :laughing:

Of course they won't though :(

Yeah, I watched the STEAM stuff ( think the art direction is awful ) and then called it a day. I didn't really enjoy yesterday's offerings and today seems to be just more of the same. I honestly don't think they needed to make this a three day thing. Two days, tops.

For people who watch it from start to finish maybe but I missed the original demo of Yoshi's Wooly World so I'm looking forward to catching it again after X...

Ok I think the Treehouse has run it's course.

It really has, and I was so excited after Tuesday!

For people who watch it from start to finish maybe but I missed the original demo of Yoshi's Wooly World so I'm looking forward to catching it again after X...

Which is the very point I made on the other page. I was talking from a personal point of view.

I watched it all on Monday and most of Tuesday but a lot of the stuff is just repeated, some even on the same day.