NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

The game was not announced before last night. All we had was a trademark registration.

I think i was mixing it up with Moon chronicles is it? first person shooter on 3DS?

well that explains that then

Are we expecting more 3DS reveals in the Treehouses though? its a very thin lineup for 3Ds and its disappointing.....feels like its death throws if that is its line up and nothing new gets announced

I think i was mixing it up with Moon chronicles is it? first person shooter on 3DS?

well that explains that then

Are we expecting more 3DS reveals in the Treehouses though? its a very thin lineup for 3Ds and its disappointing.....feels like its death throws if that is its line up and nothing new gets announced

Knowing Nintendo that's probably not everything they have lined up for this year...

Besides, they're just coming off a hell of a fantastic run of software. It's not like the last 6 months of this year haven't been jampacked with releases ;)

So... what's the deal with the 3ds...?! :wtf:

There's like, nothing.

The 2 games announced are not up my street at all. Particularly the turn based one *shudders.

I wont lie, it is slightly concerning to me that they've not unvelied anything 'big'. It just makes me wonder why they announced Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire so early when they could have made a bigger deal out of that than what they did.

Maybe we're closer to a new Nintendo handheld announcement some time in the future?

Or am I jumping the gun?! :heh:

There's like, nothing.

The 2 games announced are not up my street at all. Particularly the turn based one *shudders.

:

Yeah, I was wondering this during the Digital Event. There will probably be a 3DS direct in July.

I can imagine a Nintendo Direct is a month or so with a 3DS hardware revision and loads of games. That's exactly what they did two years ago right after E3. I guess they wanted to focus on Wii U at the expo.

I'd like to know what Next Level Games are working on.

As well as Monster Games.

Yeah, I was wondering this during the Digital Event. There will probably be a 3DS direct in July.

Agreed. They need to show of Majora's Mask at some point. :D

I did think they would have used last night's 90 minute dev roundtable as a 3DS showcase, with Codename: S.T.E.A.M. being the lead title before showing off other things/a sizzle reel, and I was surprised that that isn't what happened.

Maybe it is as others have said, that they'll do a 3DS direct within the next month to showcase stuff but in terms of news coming out of E3, both handhelds have had it pretty light in terms of announcements which isn't particularly great for the handheld market.

It may be because the Vita is considered dead, so essentially 3ds has no competition, whereas Wii U does have competition.

Sony do seem to have dropped active support for the Vita to a bare minimum

They're starting off with Fantasy life again. Codename: S.T.E.A.M. to follow.

For those complaining about the lack of new 3DS games coming this year, you do realise that we've had around 1.5 years of constant major releases every single month right? You do also realise that from September onwards, we're back to having a constant schedule of retail releases again right? (Theathrhythm Curtain Call, Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life, Pokemon OR/AS all within a span of 2 months).

And even then, there's still a chance that some late EU releases like SMT4 and Devlish Brain Training could come out during the next two months which are dry in terms of the release schedule, as well as more potential surprise eShop releases and game localisations for late this year...

I think you're overreacting a bit here :p

Edited by Dcubed

The situation is a bit mental

3DS struggled, so they focused on that, and it showed.

Wii U struggled, so they focused on that...we saw the results on Tuesday.

They need to grab the balance, but tricky to get back to it once you're off balance

Please show some new stuff after Project S.T.E.A.M., this Nintendo Treehouse: Live thing has really lost the impact it had on Tuesday. Most of yesterday felt like a repeat with very little surprises.

My views so far:

Tuesday started off terrible as I didn't enjoy the presentation, then it turned fucking amazing with all the reveals and showcases throughout the day.

Wednesday started off okay, then it got kinda boring, started to worry that tomorrow would be same and it'd be repeats of whatever we've seen and in the end my fatigue won out and I passed in my chair during the Splatoon showcase (AGAIN!?). Going to look at the round table feeds after S.T.E.A.M. gets show cased.

And now it's Thursday, and we're back on Fantasy Life. Of course, the next game to be showcased gives me hope and I'm a little biased as I've all ready played a lot of Fantasy Life (making me want to play it again though).

C'mon Nintendo, step it up!

For those complaining about the lack of new 3DS games coming this year, you do realise that we've had around 1.5 years of constant major releases every single month right? You do also realise that from September onwards, we're back to having a constant schedule of retail releases again right? (Theathrhythm Curtain Call, Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life, Pokemon OR/AS all within a span of 2 months).

And even then, there's still a chance that some late EU releases like SMT4 and Devlish Brain Training could come out during the next two months which are dry in terms of the release schedule, as well as more potential surprise eShop releases and game localisations for late this year...

I get your point but I still think the 3DS showing at E3 was shocking.

Truthfully I'm hoping its because they have a new handheld to announce next year.

New Advance Wars and Fire Emblem to revealed when "time is right"

Source

Even if they had nothing to show, why not just get some one to say this during a mini interview on the Treehouse? So many things done right, so many things to still get right I guess

I wouldn't say anyone was 'complaining' but I think there should be some concern felt given that as you say yourself, there has been a steady stream of games for the 3ds for so long with the last couple of months particularly brimming with handheld goodness. Kirby, mario golf, Phoenix wright and Layton etc.

So the lack of any announcements whether it be eshop titles, 3rd party games etc is just a little out of character for a handheld that normally has a lot of support.

Nothing wrong with wondering!

Please show some new stuff after Project S.T.E.A.M., this Nintendo Treehouse: Live thing has really lost the impact it had on Tuesday. Most of yesterday felt like a repeat with very little surprises.

My views so far:

Tuesday started off terrible as I didn't enjoy the presentation, then it turned fucking amazing with all the reveals and showcases throughout the day.

Wednesday started off okay, then it got kinda boring, started to worry that tomorrow would be same and it'd be repeats of whatever we've seen and in the end my fatigue won out and I passed in my chair during the Splatoon showcase (AGAIN!?). Going to look at the round table feeds after S.T.E.A.M. gets show cased.

And now it's Thursday, and we're back on Fantasy Life. Of course, the next game to be showcased gives me hope and I'm a little biased as I've all ready played a lot of Fantasy Life (making me want to play it again though).

C'mon Nintendo, step it up!

Yeah, it does feel that it's lost some of its oomph. Needs more new content each day, not to repeat games etc.

Yeah, it does feel that it's lost some of its oomph. Needs more new content each day, not to repeat games etc.

I feel the same ( I got really bored during yesterday's showings ) but we have to remember not everyone is sitting watching these every day so it makes sense for them to repeat a few of the games.

There's like, nothing.

As someone who doesn't like turn-bases strategy/RPG games, both the 3DS and Vita seem pretty empty (apart from Smash Bros, which is just practice for the Wii U version). Although I get a load of smaller games and some I wouldn't usually try on the Vita due to PS+.

They're obviously winding down the 3DS now. It doesn't bother me because there are a lot of games left to play, but they're mainly localisations and small/medium projects. I could still see a "reused engine" game at GDC next year, like Fire Emblem Awakening 2 or A Link Between Worlds 2, but at this stage I think it's very, very unlikely they'd develop anything truly new for it.

Bit of a shame they never made a Metroid for the 3DS, and for what it's worth I think they should have got Majora's Mask 3D out years ago, but as long as they localise Dragon Quest VII I'll be happy. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to the next handheld - hopefully that really does turn out to be more of a Metroid/Dragon Quest machine.

I feel the same ( I got really bored during yesterday's showings ) but we have to remember not everyone is sitting watching these every day so it makes sense for them to repeat a few of the games.

Ahh how the fuck did I forget this, this is exactly what I was complaining about after the disappointing digital presentation having very little reveals as it'd most likely be the one thing every one would watch.

About STEAM... I was about to ask if we could use the CCP for this, but I had no idea it was turn based strategy haha. Really should have read some of the stuff about it before watching this live.

Edited by Debug Mode

They're obviously winding down the 3DS now. It doesn't bother me because there are a lot of games left to play, but they're mainly localisations and small/medium projects. I could still see a "reused engine" game at GDC next year, like Fire Emblem Awakening 2 or A Link Between Worlds 2, but at this stage I think it's very, very unlikely they'd develop anything truly new for it.

Bit of a shame they never made a Metroid for the 3DS, and for what it's worth I think they should have got Majora's Mask 3D out years ago, but as long as they localise Dragon Quest VII I'll be happy. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to the next handheld - hopefully that really does turn out to be more of a Metroid/Dragon Quest machine.

Err... They literally only just announced a completely original 1st party IP for 3DS (Project S.T.E.A.M) and have a bevy of games already announced for next year...

Might I also point out that Sakamoto's team has recently wrapped up work on Tomodachi Life (the international version was a big job, with lots of extra content over the JPN version) and so will have just started their next project not long ago...

Not hard to believe that it could very easily be a 3DS Metroid game :)

True, but there are only so many times I can be told about how Splatoon works before I go crazy.