NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Wondered that too, hope they do announce more stuff tomorrow. I'm not kidding at this point - where's Dragon Quest VII?

Yeah it's weird. Because the upcoming 3ds schedule is pretty barren anyway so they've gotta have something. :blank:

Honestly though, I don't see the 3ds having as long a life span as the DS or GameBoy did anyway, so perhaps the slow down in games is making way for a newer model... We'll see.

They are certainly selling me on Splatoon which I initially dismissed.
I was sold on that from the start, but the more I see the more I like! :D

Splatoon looks good, but it's looking like yet another game that's going to jump the chat thing. They're very carefully treading around the phrases "assigning roles" and "communicating".

Mario Maker appears to currently be on the Twitch stream - and again in the same vein as old rom hacks; bastard hard levels! I wondered if that might be the appeal of it, and whilst not for me, I'm thinking it might pick up an interesting little community around it. It's old school, rote level learning. Try, fail, learn, overcome. Rinse, repeat.

Splatoon looks good, but it's looking like yet another game that's going to jump the chat thing. They're very carefully treading around the phrases "assigning roles" and "communicating".

Best not assume though

Ok I'm won over on Mario Maker! :D

Again thanks to the Treehouse!

Needed more awareness/inclusion of scheduling of content so that people looking for x y or z could tune in/out to their leisure. Having just tuned in myself to the Mario Maker stuff I certainly see the appeal. However, maybe an ironic reflection of the Wii U and its existing content at the moment - it's no good making something awesome that too few people actually know about.

I wasn't overly blown away by their initial direct (though it was decent) but this treehouse thing afterwards has been amazing. I haven't had this much fun following Nintendo stuff since I used to rip open NOM magazines before the days of the internet. So exciting.

Also, HYRULE WARRIORS! Looks so hot man. The new Zelda game also looks beautiful. But... dat squid game. Oh man.

Am waiting for the Smash Bros tournament now and the atmosphere looks amazing! This E3 has to be my favourite since 2004. Faith in Nintendo restored.

Yeah I really excited about this game but I don't expect voicechat etc etc.

Going onto my E3 predictions for Nintendo, and what was seen.

More information on Zelda for the WiiU, revealing a cross between sailing and horse riding

Nice to see Zelda on show, nice art style as well. But if that's all we got to see this year, i'm a little worried. That could have been shown last year really.

New Metroid

Still, E3's not over yet. Could be revealed, who knows.

News on F-Zero

Still, E3's not over yet. Could be revealed, who knows.

Majoras Mask 3DS confirmed

So far, no news. E3's not over yet so i'm still holding out hope.

A new franchise

Yes, we've got a game called "Splatoon". Looks interesting, and i'll look into that more.

A re-launch of how Nintendo think*, with a re-launch of the WiiU.

What was i thinking

Overall, not a bad digital presentation. A few things went on too long, like Smash and Yoshi. That figurine thing, sorry bit of a money-grabber really. That won't sell Wii U consoles, which is what they want to do.

A good 2015 (if all the games come out then). But for 2014, still looks a little shaky.

I've just finished watching both Nintendo and Sony's conferences after a loooong day at work. A bit surprised to see people in here are so positive at what they saw in Nintendo's show, I thought it was pretty bland. Splatoon looks like it'll be a laugh and X will obviously be awesome because Monolith Soft. We need to see much more of Zelda before we make judgements. Other than that, I thought that there seemed to be a lot of "filler" with talking (dat wool shop...) and it seemed to go at a snail's pace.

Also, I'm a bit tired of all the Smash Bros. coverage. We had it at the start of the conference, we had it at the end and we'll get more in the form of the dojo and other directs. It's overkill.

I've just finished watching both Nintendo and Sony's conferences after a loooong day at work. A bit surprised to see people in here are so positive at what they saw in Nintendo's show, I thought it was pretty bland. Splatoon looks like it'll be a laugh and X will obviously be awesome because Monolith Soft. We need to see much more of Zelda before we make judgements. Other than that, I thought that there seemed to be a lot of "filler" with talking (dat wool shop...) and it seemed to go at a snail's pace.

Also, I'm a bit tired of all the Smash Bros. coverage. We had it at the start of the conference, we had it at the end and we'll get more in the form of the dojo and other directs. It's overkill.

Although I personally enjoyed the Digital Event, you've mainly missed the Tree House stuff which has pretty much been wall to wall excellence from Nintendo and, it seems, really got people much more excited than just the direct on its own...try and find some videos if you can, well worth a watch! :)

Although I personally enjoyed the Digital Event, you've mainly missed the Tree House stuff which has pretty much been wall to wall excellence from Nintendo and, it seems, really got people much more excited than just the direct on its own...try and find some videos if you can, well worth a watch! :)

I'm looking forward to the likes of Xenoblade, Splatoon and Bayonetta (even if that is taking forever to come out). Aside from that, the one area that Wii U isn't short on is platformers and the likes of Yoshi, Kirby and that Captain Toad game don't interest me. No amount of seeing these games is going to interest me...I've still got Rayman Legend sealed, haven't even finished Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii, etc. I'm burned out in this area.

The one thing I was interested with and sat forward for was that Miyamoto thing at the end and they quickly skipped away from that.

There's a few videos on Youtube after having a quick look.

I'm looking forward to the likes of Xenoblade, Splatoon and Bayonetta (even if that is taking forever to come out). Aside from that, the one area that Wii U isn't short on is platformers and the likes of Yoshi, Kirby and that Captain Toad game don't interest me. No amount of seeing these games is going to interest me...I've still got Rayman Legend sealed, haven't even finished Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii, etc. I'm burned out in this area.

The one thing I was interested with and sat forward for was that Miyamoto thing at the end and they quickly skipped away from that.

We'll I can't argue with that, to be fair I still haven't picked up Tropical Freeze as 100%'ing Rayman burnt me out on 2D platformers!

Miyamoto did debut these new games on the Tree House segment he was in, however they weren't to my tastes and he only mentioned Star Fox at the very end without actually showing it!

One thing I could have done with is a big 3D game, like more of the Zelda reveal or Mario 64 HD. However as I said overall I quite enjoyed it and Tree House coverage has enthused me even further! :)

We'll I can't argue with that, to be fair I still haven't picked up Tropical Freeze as 100%'ing Rayman burnt me out on 2D platformers!

Miyamoto did debut these new games on the Tree House segment he was in, however they weren't to my tastes and he only mentioned Star Fox at the very end without actually showing it!

One thing I could have done with is a big 3D game, like more of the Zelda reveal or Mario 64 HD. However as I said overall I quite enjoyed it and Tree House coverage has enthused me even further! :)

So, that game WAS Star Fox? No footage either? Gah.

@Fierce_LiNk

The Treehouse event was the best bit! It's a shame that you missed it.

I thought Nintendo's presentation was decent! A lot better than last years by a country mile. You just know that everything shown was exclusive to the console :p

Edited by Blade

Yeah it's weird. Because the upcoming 3ds schedule is pretty barren anyway so they've gotta have something. :blank:

Honestly though, I don't see the 3ds having as long a life span as the DS or GameBoy did anyway, so perhaps the slow down in games is making way for a newer model... We'll see.

No dragon quest VIII remake is worrying.. Really does look like it's not coming.

Bit confused where Nintendo is going with the 3DS at the moment.

@Fierce_LiNk

The Treehouse event was the best bit! It's a shame that you missed it.

I thought Nintendo's presentation was decent! A lot better than last years by a country mile. You just know that everything shown was exclusive to the console :p

It showed Nintendo had a lot of confidence in their products, too.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if MS/Sony absorbed the Digital Event or Treehouse Live concept for next year.

Ok I'm won over on Mario Maker! :D

Again thanks to the Treehouse!

Same. It looks amazing.

However, I am hoping it gets more fleshed out. We need to be able to add Lakitus, Buzzy Beetles and other enemies. It'd also be nice if it had a Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World toggle as well.

I'll be moderately happy with it as it is now, but it needs more to it. Just Goombas, Koopa Troopers, Piranha Plants and Hammer Bros. is not enough

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

The Direct, the Treehouse and of course Smash resulted in an almost day long conference. Winning.

The Direct, the Treehouse and of course Smash resulted in an almost day long conference. Winning.

It's not over yet

We all know Majora's Mask remake has been as good as confirmed, right? Would prefer the Wii U but I see the sense in it being on 3DS.

What time will the coverage begin today UK time ? When are the unannounced twitch games meant to be announced thanks ,

What time will the coverage begin today UK time ? When are the unannounced twitch games meant to be announced thanks ,

I think coverage starts at 5.15 p.m. GMT.