NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Giant Robot looks like it's been fished out of the toilet after someone had a steaming turd... what were you thinking Miyamoto..?!

That's kinda harsh considering it's clearly early works.

These two Miyamoto games seem like compilation or eShop games to me. Very strange.

Wow! Project Guard looks bloody stressful! (And tons of fun!)

I don't see how they can stretch it out into a full standalone game though. It looks like the kind of game that would be included in a Nintendo Land style compilation...

Project Giant Robot I can imagine being fleshed out into a fuller game, but Guard... I can't see it yet...

Edit: Oh wow! These enemies and mechanics are really clever! Enemies that explode and take out nearby cameras... Smoke coming off enemies that block your view...

Quite a bit of depth here :)

Edited by Dcubed

Metroid and Mother are dead certs at some point this E3 too. Based on the offhanded mentions

We've obviously got the roundtable later tonight at E3 (early morning for us) as well as that 90 minute thing where they'll show off an unannounced game so could see Mother as being mentioned at the roundtable (eShop release of the GBA game) but I see the thing tomorrow as not only the unannounced 3DS title but perhaps more of a 3DS showcase event as I think we'll see more than 1 game in there. That's what I'm thinking and does seem like Metroid may well be that 3DS title, alongside whatever else they're holding for tomorrow.

Should at least be interesting anyway.

It's very early in development though, right?

I think this'll be one of those game that will have a totally different visual style when it's ready to be released.

That's kinda harsh considering it's clearly early works.

These two Miyamoto games seem like compilation or eShop games to me. Very strange.

Totally appear to me as cheap eShop games.

These games didn't warrant a demo like that! Only because it's Miyamoto they've been shown.

Oh cool! Project Guard is based off an un-released N64 prototype game! :D

Why do they keep saying "this is a new genre"? Captain Toad is a puzzle/platformer like Pullblox, and Project Guard is a Tower Defence game.

Why do they keep saying "this is a new genre"? Captain Toad is a puzzle/platformer like Pullblox, and Project Guard is a Tower Defence game.

Is it? Tower Defence games are defined by the player's ability to place objects as they so wish. This game doesn't allow you to do that at all...

Also Captain Toad is more of an Action Adventure game without the ability to jump...

Long time since I posted anywhere on these boards, and even longer for this section but just had to say, holy heck, Nintendo brought it to e3 this year! Was on the fence but now it's just a question of when I get a wii u, not if.

Smash bros. with miis - fantastic

Open World Zelda wii U - fantastic

Haven't even seen the other stuff yet but with just these and a few others, I am sold.

Please welcome me back to the fold brothers when I get a wii u :bowdown:

Is it? Tower Defence games are defined by the player's ability to place objects as they so wish. This game doesn't allow you to do that at all...

You place the cameras at the start. There are loads of very different Tower Defence games.

When did they say that for Captain Toad?

STARFOX HAS GONE INTO FULL DEVELOPMENT!!!

A PROPER INTERNALLY DEVELOPED STARFOX GAME!!! (NO OUTSOURCED RUBBISH!!) The first one in over 18 years!!!

AT FUCKING LAST!!! :bouncy:

But Serebii, that's not what he said at all.

Oh wait, you edited your post and I didn't realise until after I replied.

The people playing said that they don't know what kind of genre it was.

I have to say I thought those Miyamoto games looked abit...well, if they had been in the Digital Event it would have been laughed out of the building.

But I don't care, I own the system which Splatoon is coming to exclusively, that Tree House presentation looked great, favourite game of the show so far! :D

Long time since I posted anywhere on these boards, and even longer for this section but just had to say, holy heck, Nintendo brought it to e3 this year! Was on the fence but now it's just a question of when I get a wii u, not if.

Smash bros. with miis - fantastic

Open World Zelda wii U - fantastic

Haven't even seen the other stuff yet but with just these and a few others, I am sold.

Please welcome me back to the fold brothers when I get a wii u :bowdown:

Shame they totally ignored the 3DS.. Seriously what has Nintendo got lined up for 3DS?

Seems like they shot there load last year.

But Serebii, that's not what he said at all.

Oh wait, you edited your post and I didn't realise until after I replied.

Yeah I misread the post :p

Interesting that this is set in the same universe as Xenoblade Chronicles.

Didn't see that coming.

It's set on Earth? So assuming it is the same universe. Would that make this a prequel? After all, Earth was practically destroyed.

Edited by Glen-i

Interesting that this is set in the same universe as Xenoblade Chronicles.

Didn't see that coming.

It's set on Earth? So assuming it is the same universe. Would that make this a prequel? After all, Earth was practically destroyed.

they said it was a sequel in the trailer, set after humans abandoned earth for a new home

X looks good, character models look a little toned down from the initial obviously on PC trailers but not terrible considering the game is a year away

they said it was a sequel in the trailer, set after humans abandoned earth for a new home

X looks good, character models look a little toned down from the initial obviously on PC trailers but not terrible considering the game is a year away

That's the thing, the United States shouldn't exist if it takes place after Xenoblade. Earth as we know it was destroyed and replaced with the Bionis and Mechonis...

Edited by Glen-i

Hyrule Warriors with Mr. Aonuma & some Koei-Tecmo producers are up next on the Treehouse.