NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

It's so weird. Nintendo have talked about momentum... They have it with mario kart... But now nothing seems to be coming out. 2015 is insane... But they need it now, otherwise it's the same old problem... Unless they have more to announce...

I think it's due to the fact that so many French, Italian & Spanish retailers broke the streetdate by two weeks last year.

This seems to be the general consensus, but it's fucking bullshit.

It doesn't affect me thanks to my investment in a Japanese 3DS, but that's going to be all their European players waiting an extra week for something that is only the fault of the retailers./

Punishing the wrong set of people. I very much doubt this is a decision on Nintendo of Europe's part, but something higher up as punishment for the fiasco. Hopefully people make enough of a ruckus for them to change their minds, bastards.

Is Splatoon this year?

Also I'm surprised they didn't announce something like Metroid Prime Trilogy HD just to fill the gaps.

When are the digital tree house events in uk times please ?

I can't even find them for pacific time mate! If you ever do find them, just add 8 hours.

It's only a pokemon remake does it really matter if it's a week late ?

It is when you run the world's most popular Pokémon website...

I can't even find them for pacific time mate! If you ever do find them, just add 8 hours.

It's at 7:35pm :)

The production values during that Treehouse thing were diabolical. "Let's go to video" and 30 seconds later it does, after much awkward staring and a camera angle change. Just awful, absolutely awful.

On a Zelda related note, anyone not at all surprised of no Majora's Mask 3D remake?

I mean I know that there is a slight chance it could be on the show floor as Ocarina of Time 3D was only a demo to begin with..but still?

Whats peoples opinions?

Well the answer is simple Serebii....buy a US 3DS and download it on 21st

The Metroid hint.......oh god damn more prick teasing drip drip drips of info.....damn i actually love it

The production values during that Treehouse thing were diabolical. "Let's go to video" and 30 seconds later it does, after much awkward staring and a camera angle change. Just awful, absolutely awful.

Oh god, it was so awkward just looking at them trying to maintain their faces as it waiting for the eShop trailer to kick in.

Almost as bad as Twitch's timing during their coverage despite being the official partner for E3 coverage. They missed the first few minutes of EA's conference!

On a Zelda related note, anyone not at all surprised of no Majora's Mask 3D remake?

I mean I know that there is a slight chance it could be on the show floor as Ocarina of Time 3D was only a demo to begin with..but still?

Whats peoples opinions?

It'll be one of those games they show later on during the Treehouse Live videos for sure. There's still that 90 min event for one single still unannounced 3DS game after all...

Ok, time for my Positives/Negatives. Overall I thought it went really well. Best of the three main ones, in my view. Hell, they showed more first party content in 47 minutes than Microsoft and Sony did combined in 3 and a half hours.

Positives

Captain Toad. Huzzah. I knew this was coming. I just knew it. Day 1

Zelda is gorgeous

Hyrule Warriors looks really good

I like how they're trying different styles with every game. Clay Kirby & yarn Yoshi work surprisingly well

Bayonetta coming with Bayonetta 2 is awesome

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks great

The Reggie VS Iwata fight was just utterly epic.

They showed a new IP. Huzzah!

Starfox

Mario Maker looks ace

The reveals keep coming after the Digital Event: Devil's Third, Mario Party, Mario VS DK, Art Academy and that mysterious 3DS game is still mysterious

The Robot Chicken-esque bits were rather humourous

Negatives

I felt they went too long on Smash Bros (though it's understandable), Yoshi Woolly World and Splatoon. I was rather concerned with the amount of time spent on Yoshi before the megatons hit.

I'm not seeing the appeal to the NFC stuff yet. The Smash Bros features feel a bit shoehorned in and, with no other games to show them off yet, I just don't know

The European ORAS date. Whoever decided that has made my enemy list for life

Edited by Serebii

Fantasy life 3DS October US release. Europe better get this.

SMT IV digital release. That's BS!!!

Also I'm surprised they didn't announce something like Metroid Prime Trilogy HD just to fill the gaps.

*sigh* I forgot about all the potential HD remakes we wanted, seeing as we're not getting the actual games anytime soon.

Worst of the platform holders by a country mile. No one did badly this year, though.

*sigh* I forgot about all the potential HD remakes we wanted, seeing as we're not getting the actual games anytime soon.

Yup. Unless they have some stupidly big surprises of games that are coming out soon, we've definitely got a drought on our hands.

Luckily, picking up the Wii U this late gives me quite a bit of stuff to play, gotta suck for those who've been picking up the games as they came out and are waiting for something new to pick up soon.

Worst of the platform holders by a country mile. No one did badly this year, though.

Shocker...

Anyone else feeling like there's a bit of a shortage of things to talk about?

There weren't even that many threads to bump or videos to post.

Oh god, it was so awkward just looking at them trying to maintain their faces as it waiting for the eShop trailer to kick in.

Almost as bad as Twitch's timing during their coverage despite being the official partner for E3 coverage. They missed the first few minutes of EA's conference!

I've done some live streaming stuff recent (at the Twitch office - natch!) and little things happen and its never perfect, but damn!

I thought it was a great presentation. Kept me awake unlike the tediousness of Sony and Microsoft showing almost nothing bar shooters and kill-fests.

Love the new format too, really impressed. Just wish we could have had a new big title for this year and more of Zelda U would have been nice.

Anyone else feeling like there's a bit of a shortage of things to talk about?

There weren't even that many threads to bump or videos to post.

Seriously? We had a decent amount of games revealed...a new Zelda bloody revealed...

I'd actually give Sony and Nintendo joint first. Loved both shows. 2015 is going to be immense.

Seriously? We had a decent amount of games revealed...a new Zelda bloody revealed...
Oh stop being so bloody dramatic all the time.

Yes we had a new Zelda revealed. It looks bloody incredible!!

... we have no info to talk about it.

Anyway, Nintendo Treehouse is Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA