NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Digital Event E3 2014: BYOP

Good watching with you folks in the chat. As I've said there;

-Bayonetta with the pack in is tempting, but I'd need it at the right price.

-X, totally bonerific, but I'm heavily biased as I loved XC even without finishing it.

-Yoshi Yarn is too much of the same for me.

-Kirby - basically taking a DS launch window game and essentially just doing it on Wii U? Plus point - it IS fairly unique so not too bad.

-Smash Miis - intrigued, mostly due to potential variety of character moves.

-Amiibo; there was some post conference stuff. It appears to actually be more a non-controllable ghost system, sort of akin to streetpass style stuff. Bit underwhelming, but a cool concept still that might appeal to some(possibly younger folks in particular)

-Zelda. Looks nice. Sounds nice. Need to see a lot more though.

-Hyrule Warriors, nothing we didn't already know. Except it also suffers further lack of online.

-Mario Maker and Palutena - old rumours shown true. Mario Maker is old hat for me, I've played with rom editors years and there was no shortage of them for Mario games. Any SMW fan should look into FuSoYa and the hacks he did for that game(Super Demo World being one), if there's still info about. Palutena doesn't seem to be too intriguing a character/moveset yet, I was more excited by a Zelda/KI anime!

-Splatoon! Now THIS was looking interesting. Def interested, especially as it's online multiplayer.

-Captain Toad; I've not played a lot of SM3DW so not done a lot of these but it could be a hidden hit(albeit on a minor scale) if it's a fairly priced downloable.

Generally - their games focus was too long. Yoshi Yarn was a very wooly segment. Smash went on a bit too long. Amiibo looked good on the surface but the post may have shown it to be less than great in my eyes. I enjoyed the Splatoon focus to explain it, but still it was too long.

Nice but not *too* remarkable, will withhold many of my excitements until future news. Disappointed with the late Smash date.

Ok. Elaboration.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Japan: November 21st 2014

America: November 21st 2014

Canada: November 21st 2014

Australia: November 21st 2014

New Zealand: November 21st 2014

Europe: November 28th 2014

The toad game looks great.

Can't wait to see more of Zelda.

Smash Bros 3DS looks incredible.

Liked the look of yoshi, Bayonetta 2 will be so dope.

I thought it was a good showing. The intro was immense but way too much talking with developers. There is a time and place for that and it's not an E3 conference.

Still a real barren calender for 2014 but I didn't think we would get 2014 announcements at E3.

Edited by liger05

:yay:

Star fox confirmed! awesome

check that one of Rez's list then! does that mean your rating goes up to 6/10 now?

6.5 I reckon. MORE DEETS THOUGH. I need the titles.

Ok. Elaboration.

You are fucking kidding me.

Welp, roll on 3pm November 20th for me, as I'll be getting it on the eStore on my Japanese 3DS

Ok. Elaboration.

Damn dude, I thought they had just kidnapped your mother or something.

Ok. Elaboration.

Cry me a river.

I'm a sucker for Smash. Palutena's moveset is bloody clever.

What did you see in her moveset that I missed!! Rosalina so far has been the most intriguing new player for me in Smash.

Ok. Elaboration.

This is obviously so we can leak it a week early in-line with the rest of the world.

Extra bits from PR:

Star Fox (working title) turns the Wii U GamePad into the view from the cockpit of Fox McCloud’s Arwing fighter. While the TV shows the perspective from behind the Arwing, players can also use the gyro sensors of the GamePad to intuitively and independently target enemies. Players can instantly switch between the Arwing and Landmaster tank with the press of a button, and the game also introduces a new helicopter-type vehicle. The game is scheduled for 2015.

Project Giant Robot lets players use the touch screen to build a giant robot. Once complete, the GamePad becomes a cockpit from which players control the robot as they try to knock opponents over. A unique combination of button and motion control adds leverage and momentum to their robotic punches. The game is scheduled for the first half of 2015.

In Project Guard the goal is to stop a robot invasion using a security system of 12 cameras as a last line of defence. Players mount a dozen security cameras around a perimeter before the invasion, and then monitor all 12 as the robot army invades. Cameras also can blast lasers, so players must look, search and shoot quickly if they want to survive the onslaught. The innovative use of the two-screen game play makes for a thrilling spectator experience, allowing anyone in the living room to join in on the fun as an additional set of eyes. The game is scheduled for 2015.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong (working title) (2015): The charming Mario vs. Donkey Kong puzzle series makes its way to Wii U. This HD entry takes full advantage of the touch screen on the GamePad controller as players guide the Minis (including Mini Luigi) to safety. The game also features a near-limitless puzzle-creation mode that allows fans to share puzzles and leave comments on Miiverse.

Fantasy Life (October 2014): Players embark on the adventure of their dreams as they craft, cast, battle and role-play. The innovative Life system lets players change to one of 12 Life classes at virtually any time to access different abilities. The huge fantasy landscape is filled with surly dark paladins, slick pirate captains and others who share a taste for the unknown.

Think that's all the new and unmentioned stuff, but may have missed something.

Cry me a river.

You do realise who I am and what I do, right?

Umm it doesn't matter, Retro_Link has just confirmed he's Justin Timberlake.

Enjoyed it, but in a calm, contented way, rather than an excited way.

* Laughed at Reggie vs. Iwata. Silly but funny.

* Yoshi's Woolly World looks visually nice, but it's still just a Yoshi game. :indeed: Sort of thing I could fall asleep in front of with a cup of tea and some biscuits.

* Zelda looks just right. Aonuma had me worried for a moment, talking about the 2D ones, but it was actually the opposite of what I feared, and exactly what I wanted. Whether it'll ever be released on the Wii U, who knows? I don't really care, to be honest - it showed their heart's in the right place and I can't wait for it.

* Captain Toad looks quite nice.

* Splatoon - not my sort of thing, but at least it is an answer to the "New IP" requests.

Not all that interested in many of the other games (a lot of "mascot" platformers, as usual), but I don't really need a high quantity as long as I've got something big to look forward to.

Overall, what they showed looked quite nice, but sometimes they have no sense of drama. I mean, why finish with the announcement of a character in Smash Bros ("Have we put enough Smash Bros into this conference?" "No, put some more in at the end.") and a tease for Star Fox? A tease! Surely the old Nintendo would have taken the best footage from the new Zelda game and put that to some dramatic music?

But as I say, I honestly am happy with it, just not that excited. It's nice to know there is still a company making charming, wholesome games, and not relying on violence. Nintendo are the right chaps for me to follow, even if they put me into a trance as often as they get my blood pumping.

I'm very curious as to why they're releasing this one day later in Europe when, presumably, the languages will all be available on every copy.

Punishment for the major leaks with X and Y?

Ok. Elaboration.

Even Australia gets it before us?

It only takes a week for everything to get BLOODY SPOILED!

Can totally understand your anger. I'm with you on this.

This is obviously so we can leak it a week early in-line with the rest of the world.

Ahahahaha.

But seriously, I definitely agree with Serebii being right to be pissed. The Game ships with all the languages, absolutely no real reason to take it out on the fans by having them get it a week later.

My brief thoughts (more to follow later) -

Everything they showed looked great. I will buy it all. The only problem is so much of it seemed like filler and there was too many platformers.

Yoshi's Woolley World looked incredible, Captain Toad looked fun and I loved those levels. Mario Maker also looks amazing. Splatoon looked colourful and a great new take on a tired genre. But they should all be little bonuses amongst the big hitters - and that's what the show lacked.

Sure, there was Zelda, which looked jaw droopingly beautiful and X which looked like the most epic game ever to be made. Bayonetta being two games also was a huge bonus. But we knew about those before.

The show lacked the big hitter, the one big reveal. It lacked the new Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, Advance Wars, Kid Icarus done in EPIC style. That one big centre piece game that was new and a huge reveal.

In the end, whilst I was happy with Nintendo, they did again prove how out of step they and the Wii U are with the industry. When they needed a graphical powerhouse based around a more Western and adult theme like a Metroid, they came to the show with endless colourful platform games and spent 10 minutes in a wool shop.

I liked it, it was pretty good overall.

The Mii announcement for smash was nothing to what i had in mind, they're actually pretty good.

Splatoon looks like it's going to be really fun!!!

Zelda deserved more TIME!!! looked sooo GOOOD.

Bayo 2 including the first game, nice move.

Bring on Captain Toad :)

What did you see in her moveset that I missed!! Rosalina so far has been the most intriguing new player for me in Smash.

All her moves are based on the items from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Her Final Smash, for example, uses Black Hole to trap opponents and hits them with a Mega Laser.

I didn't think that would be how she'd fight, but I'm glad it is.

I can't give a full view but overall maybe 5-6 out of 10. Loved Zelda, wanted to see so much more. Hate Amibo, absolutely hate it. It's a money grabbing scam. Splatoon looks interesting. Cool idea. I did think would they put their twist on a FPS? Too much Smash. Palutena, great to see it finally confirmed. Xenblade Chronicles X looks amazing. Didn't show any gameplay but still great. Bayonetta 2 was good. Delighted we're getting the original and love the costumes.

Missed Devils Third because I didn't know I had to watch IGN. I'll have to catch up on that later. Listening to Reggie on with IGN spewwing his usual BS. I do think their spacing of information is to make it look larger than the sum of its parts.

Edited by Wii

Reggie was wearing a Mario pin today and we got Mario Maker.

He was asked about his Metroid pin by IGN and he said 'Funny you should ask.....I'll be wearing it tomorrow'.

Guess what's also happening tomorrow? That's right. The reveal of a new 3DS game.

You do realise who I am and what I do, right?

Oh wow.....:indeed:

Reggie was wearing a Mario pin today and we got Mario Maker.

He was asked about his Metroid pin by IGN and he said 'Funny you should ask.....I'll be wearing it tomorrow'.

Guess what's also happening tomorrow? That's right. The reveal of a new 3DS game.

Metroid Maker?

Ahahahaha.

But seriously, I definitely agree with Serebii being right to be pissed. The Game ships with all the languages, absolutely no real reason to take it out on the fans by having them get it a week later.

I think it's due to the fact that so many French, Italian & Spanish retailers broke the streetdate by two weeks last year.

Now i see why Serebii is annoyed....even i'm annoyed at that! why a week later? there is no justifiable reason for that!

Has anyone seen the full screen 1080p shots of Legend of Zelda?

full on boner