NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Smash Bros Invitational(spoilers, obvs) - Midnight tonight!

That's every fighting game commentator :heh:

"Mag-FUCKIN'-Neto!"

I think that's just a New York thing :D There are some commentators who actually provide insightful commentary although with a game as frantic as Smash Bros it's quite hard to do.

I think that's just a New York thing :D There are some commentators who actually provide insightful commentary although with a game as frantic as Smash Bros it's quite hard to do.

I swear once or twice they didn't even know the names of things though! How can you be a commentator and not be able to name an item??

I swear once or twice they didn't even know the names of things though! How can you be a commentator and not be able to name an item??

Because competitive players never use items!

I'm pretty sure I'm not even joking.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the actual reason.

Because competitive players never use items!

I'm pretty sure I'm not even joking.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the actual reason.

Well they probably haven't used items for about a decade or more so it's not too surprising. Also, the screen they were using to commentate was the big on the stage which was at a very awkward angle for them (the screen they had in front of them was broken for many of the matches).

Besides, who needs items when you do stuff like this:

I'm pretty sure that broke the game :heh:

@EEVILMURRAY The commentators were basically there to provide hype and not actually commentate. Most Smash commentary for pro tournaments is relatively awesome. Here's a great example:

No 'talking for the sake of talking'.

Ps. If anyone still hasn't watched the documentary..DOOOO ITTTTT NOWWW! :D

Edited by Goron_3

What happened there?

The amount of Fox in that video makes me want to go shoot myself.

I'm glad they forced the invitational players to choose different characters. Because you can't deny about 75% of them would have chosen Fox.

The amount of Fox in that video makes me want to go shoot myself.

I'm glad they forced the invitational players to choose different characters. Because you can't deny about 75% of them would have chosen Fox.

There was only 2 fox players in that group of 16....In fact the guy that made it to the final is a Jigglypuff main. Even KDJ, who has an incredible fox, plays as Shiek :)

Fox is just a very popular 2 vs 2 character due to his upsmash and up air, hence why he gets picked in teams a lot. It's the same for any other fighting game where there are always some over used characters.

@Retro_Link It's just an incredibly coordinated team combo done at incredible speed. They juggle the fox player between them and get an incredible kill...I wouldn't be able to do that in 1000 attempts!

@EEVILMURRAY The commentators were basically there to provide hype and not actually commentate.

If by hype, you mean they provided me with thoughts of "shut the fuck up", then yes. They certainly handed me a ticket for the hype train.

Choo-choo.

If by hype, you mean they provided me with thoughts of "shut the fuck up", then yes. They certainly handed me a ticket for the hype train.

Choo-choo.

It's America dude :heh:

Sign in to follow this