NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

UbiSoft Press Conference Thread

Holy crap Aisha, the language! I'm laughing now, but it actually caught me by surprise.

Holy crap Aisha, the language! I'm laughing now, but it actually caught me by surprise.

Bleeding from orifices. u Wot M7+1?

Rainbow Six: Siege looks OK, seems to take some of the best things about the Terrorist missions from the other games, but make the shooting stuff a bit more casual and Cod-like (not cool). That presenter was horrendous though.

That was surprisingly weak. No good game announcements, annoying casual stuff and too many CGI trailers. The weakest one so far.

I was expecting something a lot grander for the final reveal. I thought they completely stole the show back in 2012 with Watch Dogs, this felt a little tame until you found out it's Rainbow Six.

But it's still oh so hard to take Ubisoft seriously. It looks great, it sounds like it'd be great fun to play but if there's one thing to learn from Ubisoft, it's that this is not the product you're going to get once it releases.

Aisha was a real good host though, props to her. There's something about the way she conducts herself in an incredibly informal manner that makes the press conferences that much more enjoying, and feels like you're actually hearing it from some one who's invested in the games.

Good presser, better than EA but kinda patchy. Maybe 5 or 6 out of 10.

I only saw her reaction to Rainbow Six, but it was unbelievably insincere. I gagged a little bit.

It was an enjoyable conference, and pretty decent. Not bad by any means, but not incredible either. I actually liked the look of all the games, with the exception of Just Dance (urgh!) Yeah, I even liked that weird work out game, it's actually good to see a developer finally make a game out of a workout session, rather than making a generic fitness program. Assassin's Creed is interesting me for once too, and Far Cry 4 seems intriguing. Oh, and the trailer for Valiant Hearts: The Great War made me cry :(

But Rainbow Six, fuck yes!!!

That was ok, but it was missing the wow ending that Watch_Dogs and The Division gave in the previous two years. Farcry 4 looked really good and the guy in the pink suit seemed like a genuinely interesting, and well portrayed character. It was certainly a great opening.

Ending on Rainbow Six was a mistake though. I know it said pre-Alpha but damn, it still looked incredibly early. I didn't feel like I was watching the next generation of gaming like I did with WD and The Division. Both of those were super early too but they still delivered the goods. I just felt like I was watching another 360/PS3 game.

What surprised me was that the audience seemed to be clapping quite a lot and you could see them, even to the Just Dance stuff - something that was not evident in EA's show.

That's still better than pulling the wool over our eyes. Watch Dogs didn't deliver as promised, and who knows if The Division will. Both received serious delays.

That's still better than pulling the wool over our eyes. Watch Dogs didn't deliver as promised, and who knows if The Division will. Both received serious delays.

In those instances, the promise was so great that it was always going to be easy to fail on delivering that experience as imagined y the gamer. The same thing happened with Assasin's Creed where one was a proof of concept and two delivered it. Heck, their first stab at Farcry with 2 showed potential but was flawed and then they brought it all with 3.

R6S looks incredibly tame from the get go.

Sign in to follow this