NEurope
Mokong

Disneyland Paris is Awesome!

So was on holiday last week, was in Disneyland Paris (as the thread title suggests :heh:) for 4 nights 5 days with the family....and my sisters family....and my cousins family...and my own mother too.

Everyone had a great time, kids had a fantastic time as did the adults (prolly me the most of the adults, haha).

On the last day my son and my nephew were trying to bargin with me "Why do we have to go home today...can't we stay just 5 more days"

Truth be told I was saying the same to myself, but I have that "drag me down to Earth" reminder of lack of funds to stay longer and need to return to work....BOOOOOOO

We had real good flight times too, flew out of Dublin at 6.50am, were checked into the hotel (Sequoia Lodge) by 12ish I think (French time) and then straight to the parks....stopping in McDonalds in the Disney Village first though for some lunch..... :heh:

And on the last day our flight was 9.50pm so we didn't have to leave the hotel till the 5.45 bus I think it was so we still had a fair few hours on the last day for one last trip round the parks before saying a sad farewell.

Weather was great with the exception of Wednesday when it rained on and off most of teh day.... but that didn't stop me. We did go out to the park as a full group at the start but as the rain kept coming everyone else decided to go back to the hotel...especially Joy and my Sister as they had the little infants.

But me and my brother-in-law stayed out with our older boys (my Oisín and his Conor), rain wasn't that heavy and most lines for rides were short (and covered) for the ones we planned to do that day. What we didn't want to happen was to end up coming back to Ireland and the boys going "but we didn't go on [insert ride name]"... wanted to make sure they missed out on nothing.

So some pics :D

2014-06-02063859_zps7a080705.jpg

On the plane from Dublin to Paris, not Oisín's first time on a plane but he knows he's going to Disneyland and was super excited.... as was I

DSCN3352_zps603a8520.jpg

Joy and Oisín by Lake Disney outside of the Hotel

DSCN3277_zps8f00bb1b.jpg

Pic of the whole group on the way into teh Studios park (minus the one cousin taking the photo)

DSCN3289-Copy_zpsa713a4e8.jpg

Massive Buzz statue... rented that buggy for Zoey on teh first day but those things were expensive (15euro a day) and not the best build for a small baby... Oisín ended up using more actually....

2014-06-03100838_zpscb861657.jpg

Lego R2-D2 :yay: ReZ would likely spend all day in this one store and forget about the parks if he was ever here....

2014-06-03102121-Copy_zps4b356e72.jpg

Me and Zoey... I did a lot of baby carrying everyday.... well here it's Zoey but I did more time with Oisín on my shoulders as his little legs get tired very fast (that or he's just lazy)... if anything I didn't have to use the hotel gym anyway as the walking plus the carrying of either Zoey and/or Oisín provided a hell of a workout each day :D

DSCN3484_zps650d7f9c.jpg

Meeting Buzz at the park :D

2014-06-03232245_zps24c3ab04.jpg

2014-06-03232357_zps452bf34e.jpg

The Disney Dream Fireworks & Light show was AMAZING! Went to see it 3 of the 4 nights... missed it one one night (think the Wednesday) because we booked a table at a restaurant and could only get for 9pm by the time we finished we missed the 11pm start of the show :(... I also forgot my sunglasses at that restaurant (King Ludwigs Castle) :cry: Lucky I have a 2nd pair here at home

DSCN3582-Copy_zps14385679.jpg

Oisín driving a car at Autopia... and yes this was on the day it rained if you can't tell by the plastic poncho I had to buy cuz I didn't bring a coat....bloody thing cost 9 euro.... I think I left it at the hotel :heh:

DSCN3585_zps98854011.jpg

Oisín and Conor waiting for the Disney Magic Parade to start... luckily the rain stopped and the parade went ahead as this was the only time we were able to watch it (kept missing it somehow on other days)...parade was indeed Magic :D

DSCN3610-Copy_zps6d71bd30.jpg

Lion King float in the Parade, prolly my fav (as Lion King is one of my fav Disney films till)

DSCN3615-Copy_zps281562d9.jpg

DSCN3625-Copy_zps5a042d9f.jpg

Meeting Tigger at breakfast :D

We had upgraded rooms (Golden Forest Rooms) in the hotel which gave us access to a different dinning area for breakfasts which would have characters visiting each morning. We also met Goofy, Minnie, Mickey (in different clothes...think it was yellow and a yellow hat), Pluto on different mornings at breakfast.

DSCN3682_zps324f6957.jpg

DSCN3702-Copy_zps02770307.jpg

Went to the city on the Thursday to visit the Eiffel Tower.... TBH, for the lenght of teh queuing for tickets and teh first elevator and then the 2nd elevator to the top floor and having to queue again to get down, not sure if it was worth it but at least we can say we done it I guess

2014-06-05203243-Copy_zps2614b619.jpg

Saddened to say I couldn't pull it out.... I am not the Hero of which the legends speak :(

scan0001_zpsfb2ccc1e.jpg

And of course you can't go to Disneyland and not get an overpriced (19.99 euro for one... but if you get a 2nd it only 24.99 overall, so yeah we got a 2nd one printed too) family photo with the Mouse himself

100% loved it, never have I come back from a holiday and thought "if I could I would hope on a plane and head right back there" but I did after this one... I was with the kids, I didn't want to leave :( haha

One thing I did find odd though was with all the shops and all teh different products sold I didn;t see any Disney DVDs/BluRays on sale?

What's up with that? If I found a shelf of Disney BluRays I would have implused bought one of everything I don;t already have even the one I already have on DVD!

I did of course bring my video cam and got a lot of footage...not entirely sure what to do with it yet, as in how best to edit it or whatever, I just transfered all the files to my laptop and got something like 94 files :heh:

Edited by Mokong

Great photos @Mokong! I bloody love Disneyland Paris, have been 10 times I think, have genuinely lost count! It's 9 or 10!

Haven't been for a couple of years and desperate to go back. It's tricky finding people who'd want to spend four or five days there as I would!

it is expensive, and being older with more spending money than when I was a kid just makes me want to buy all the toys I never had when I was young! I also collect pin badges, have done for the last fourteen years and now have a large collection of disney pins!

Have also been to Disney World in Florida three times but the last time was 2003. Really hoping to spend a couple of weeks there again soon. It really is on another scale. Spent 2 days this March at Hong Kong Disneyland - was my first solo trip and it was great to be able to go at my own pace, although it is nice to have others to share the magic with. Maybe I'll post some of my pics here when I get some time :)

What were your favourite attractions?

DAMMIT MOKONG YOU'VE JUST MADE MY DISNEY DESPERATION LEVELS SOAR THROUGH THE ROOF AGAIN.

Fav attractions?

damn...lets see...EVERYTHING! haha

I'd go on everything multiple times if I have the extra time, did do a few things twice or 3 times...mainly the smaller things that the kids could go on.

Loved Peter Pans Flight, thought that was well done, did that twice.... even did Small World 3 times haha trying to work out all the countries represented.... didn't spot the Ireland one on the first go as it right at the start and I was looking to the right and it was on the left.

The Studio Tram Tour in the Studio park was cool, that was teh very first thing we went on. Pirates of the Caribean was great too... was interesting seeing things from the ride and going "oh so that's why that was in the first flim", liek teh dog with the key :D

Shows like the Motor Stunt Show (awesome) and indoor shows like Animagique and Cinemagique were brilliant....even enjoyed the Disney Jr Live Show which was the very last thing we did before saying goodbye.

Luckily I managed to get a chance to go on the bigger rides at various points....note for anyone not been and planning to go soon, best time to do the bigger more popular rides is after 8pm, lines seemed to disappear after that. Space Mountian we did on first night there was no line did it again the second night. Also went on Indiana Jones Coasterand Star Tours, enjoyed that :D

Thunder Mountain was closed for maintence though I wanted to go on that :(

On last day while the others were waiting for the Disney Jr Live Show I managed to slip off and finally do the Hollywood Hotel (LOVED THAT) and the Aerosmith Coaster, awesome :D

Think the only thing I didn't go on was the Crushes Coaster, line for that always seemed to be long and didn't have a fastpass lane.

Even things that were not rides were just awesome, like the Parades, saw the Stars N' Cars twice in the studio and the main Disney Magic Parade once in the main park...though wish I could have seen that again.

But if I had to pick out one fav thing it would have to be the Disney Dreams Fireworks and Light show...just spectacular, not an oridinary fireworks display, having a story and showing scenes from different disney films I couldn't get enough of that :D Just wish it was longer and included more films haha

You're not the only one who had awful weather in Paris on Wednesday! 4 hours sitting under a very solid tree at Roland Garros before the sun finally broke through!

Star Tours is the best ride there

I've too lost count of how many times i've been to Disney Land Paris

the thing is it makes me feel like a carefree child again, everything is spot on, the rides, the atmosphere, the events, everything

It truely is the happiest place on earth

You're not the only one who had awful weather in Paris on Wednesday! 4 hours sitting under a very solid tree at Roland Garros before the sun finally broke through!

Ah but I didn't let the rain stop me :D

Star Tours is the best ride there

I've too lost count of how many times i've been to Disney Land Paris

I assume does the Star Tours have different "Tours", we did the Endor one but I noticed posters for different places on the way out so assumed there was a Tour for each one but didn't have a chance to ride it again as my own son was too small for it and only got the chance to go on it when had a free moment to go on my own for a bit

the thing is it makes me feel like a carefree child again, everything is spot on, the rides, the atmosphere, the events, everything

It truely is the happiest place on earth

Yeah the whole atmosphere of the place is awesome, I was like the biggest child in our group haha. Everyone else (my wife included) thought I was mad to want to see the Disney Dreams Fireworks show again and again after seeing it once.... but that feeling of magic is too much to resist, haha

I'm jealous of you guys that have been able to go multiple times (well actually this was my second, first was 15 years ago on a school tour to Paris, we only did one day in Disney and I hardly got to go on anything cause the lines were so long when were there), hope to go back sometime, maybe give it a 2-3 years so Zoey will be able to experience/remember more.

Wife wants to go Philippines next year to visit her family so next year is definately out anyway..... would love to maybe try Disney World Florida though, see how different they are :D

I went to Disney Land Paris when it had only been open a few years and remember enjoying the fireworks on the lake at halloween. Best display I've seen.

As for the parks, I definitely recommend Florida, they are sososo much better.

2014-06-03232357_zps452bf34e.jpg

Who is that boy and what did he do with baby Oisin?

I know I've said this before, but it still surprises me how big he is.]

I've been to Disneyland Paris many times, twice with my parents and once with the school (probably the better trip). I've got many fond memories of the place, so i'm happy you had a great time with the family creating memories that will last a lifetime*

*Sorry, seems to be a quote Disney give the park themselves.