NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General E3 Reactions/Highlights

How are we all finding E3 so far?

I've caught part of the Microsoft conference and the majority of EA's showing. So far, I've found it quite interesting and enjoyable.

The biggest moments for me so far have beeeeen:

- THE TOMB RAIDER REVEAL/TRAILER.

- The Witcher 3 looking absolutely gorgeous.

- Seeing Battlefield: Hardline, which I thought looked pretty sweet.

I saw @Retro_Link post a trailer for Assassin's Creed Unity. Looks lovely, too.

I have dead rising 3 , I haven't got the season pass yet . I have a question regarding the ultra hyper ex dlc or whatever its called. Will this be free as part of the season pass? or will I have to buy it separate for £7.99

thanks

I have dead rising 3 , I haven't got the season pass yet . I have a question regarding the ultra hyper ex dlc or whatever its called. Will this be free as part of the season pass? or will I have to buy it separate for £7.99

thanks

It's seperate. The season pass DLC has ended now.

Missed Star Wars but I've watched everything else.

Ori & the Blind Forest, Inside and Scalebound (alongside Kamiya) stood out for me today.

One of the games that has stood out to me so far is this.

I love the visual style of early cartoons. Brilliant.

Not overly thrilled so far. We've seen tiny bits of games we already knew about (Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Battlefront). Hardline looks interesting, though.

None of the new announcements really interest me so far.

Nothing out of the Microsoft or EA conference that really excited me - reconfirmations of stuff I am looking forward to (Mirror's Edge 2, New Mass Effect, Tomb Raider) but not really enough solid content to light my fire yet.

Edited by gaggle64

Ubisoft so far have done a good job on it's conference. Showcased a few games i've got an interest in.

Other than that, only seen Microsoft's conference and a round-up of EA's via Francis. Microsoft's was a bit meh, as gaggle said they've only confirmed more really. Fable Legends however looks cack, Lionhead have ruined the series beyond.

Everything's been good for me so far without anything mind-blowing. Microsoft showed off a large number of games - finally someone understands what you need to do at these press conferences!

Sony up next. Looking forward to seeing what they show in the morning. At the moment Nintendo need a strong performance, although the opportunity is still there to really put an impression in.

ARE YOU ME?! I was hyping this on Facebook as soon as I took a better look at it.

Funny how one thing from the Indie reel during the Xbox presser excites me more than all these AAA games that are being shat out left, right and centre.

You know, if it weren't for this post, I wouldn't be aware of this game. So thank you :)

If I see another FPS/gritty war shooter where you go around killing people zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. All these big AAA games look the same! Thank god for Nintendo.

So far:

Sony >>> EA > Microsoft > Ubisoft.

It won't take much for Nintendo to do better than EA.

To be honest, I'm actually fine with it being a machine just for whatever PS+ gives me.

To be honest, I'm actually fine with it being a machine just for whatever PS+ gives me.

I can imagine that being quite helpful, especially if it's the only member of the Playstation family you own as pretty much every Vita title announced at this event is a digital title that's also coming to PS3/4.

Was kind of expecting one last kick up the ass to see if there'd be any revival in the west but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Shame, the competition would be handy for the shrinking handheld market.

So how's every one feeling after the death sentence Sony just gave the Vita?

Is that what Sony done with the Vita?. Oh well, there's plenty for me to get on with. Plenty of digital titles coming (which are cross-platform with PS4/PS3 - Sony's idea of pay once, play across all systems is good) and as Cube said regarding PS+ games on here, yeah i'm fine with that as well.

The Vita is such an underrated machine, i'm surprised it has not sold well at all.

I've not seen the Sony conference yet, i'll be watching it this evening. But i guess from facebook and Twitter, they've had a good one this year again.

Scalebound... Goddammit Microsoft... They know that Platinum games have me by the balls...

I feel much more positive about Sony's Press Conference this morning.

Absolute jems got lost and forgotten amid that disastrous 30-40min section.

Good God, this E3 has been so clean and business-like.

Gone are the quirky giffable moments...

Having said that, the fact that it's pretty much all about the games is a win for everyone.

Co-oP games looking incredibly fun and indie games looking artsier than ever.

There's only so much time a lad can have to play games though...

So now we have: Sony and Microsoft basically trying to do everything right to win the heart of a gamer with NINTENDO still having a firm grasp on the nostalgic part of the heart.

My heart cannot take this anymore, might have a heart-attack later tonight.

Kinect and Vita dropped like they were scalding :/ well, at least there will be some cross-buy titles and Grim Fandango on Vita, plus we're getting Rogue Legacy soon still....

After a night's sleep and more time to think, here are my thoughts so far (I'm taking out multiplatform stuff from the Sony/MS conferences and putting them on their own or in EA/Ubisoft):

Microsoft

+ Sunset Overdrive looks very stylish and could be a lot of fun.

+ They did just talk about games.

- Too much focus on franchises I've grown tired off.

+ Except for Fable Legends, which looks very different.

- However, it looked terrible and I'm expecting it to be revealed as a F2P game based on the gameplay.

- The Conker reveal for Project Spark was just horrible.

+ Dead Rising 3 DLC looks like fun. Definitely inspired by Blood Dragon.

- But it requires owning the base game.

Sony

+ I'm starting to like the setting for The Order 1886 even more.

- There still hasn't been enough gameplay for it, though.

+ inFamous DLC, doesn't need the game (but I'll be getting both anyway).

+ The new LittleBigPlanet 3 characters seem very creative and great for co-op.

- But I'm not really a fan of the franchise.

+ Grim Fangando remake. I've always wanted to play it, but couldn't due to the controls.

+ ABZU looked great, as did Entwined.

- Talk about PS Now, the TV show Powers and Ratchet & Clank film trailer.

+ More Uncharted 4 information, in-game footage.

- No Uncharted 4 gameplay.

- Some really strange transitions, like the odd build-up to Mortal Kombat.

EA

+ The style of the conference. More relaxed and showing early gameplay footage instead of CGI trailers.

- That said, most games had a disappointing amount of information (in the interest of balance, pretend that this is repeated for most plus points)

+ It looks like they're taking their time with Battlefront, always nice to hear that music.

+ Dragon Age looks really interesting this time round. Music is great.

+ Mass Effect music and sneak peaks. I'm interested to see what their new IP is like.

+ Sims 4 section was actually entertaining.

+ Criterion's new game looks like it could be amazing, even in its early state.

+ PGA Tour "Fantasy Levels".

+ Seeing running and jumping in Mirror's Edge and no weapons (although it is early footage).

+ Battlefield Hardline and beta out now (but after playing the beta, it just feels like DLC for Battlefield).

Ubisoft

+ New Far Cry villain looks interesting. I found Vaas to be very overrated.

+ The gameplay footage (the one shown in the Sony conference) looked great, and the world looked amazing.

+ Second player doesn't need the game.

+ The Division has nice graphics.

- The setting and gameplay shown so far just doesn't seem that great.

+ It sounds like a lot of work is going into The Crew, with a lot of feedback from gamers.

- It would have been nice to see more gameplay rather than the montage.

+ The movement in Assassin's Creed does look much smoother.

- It still looks quite clunky, though.

- The co-op gameplay didn't justify co-op, seems like it for the sake of it.

+ Gameplay is still too similar. I was expecting focus on new platforms to allow them to shake things up a bit more.

- The Shape Up and Just Dance sections were very cringe-worthy

Multiplatform

+ Nice for full confirmation of Tomb Raider sequel

- Awful name and no gameplay.

+ Lots of indies everywhere.

+ Dead Island 2 is more promising due to the developers (the Spec Ops: The Line people)

+ Arkham Knight does look lovely.

That announcement that you can play FC4's online co-op on PS4 without the second person owning the game was also kinda crazy!

I've always enjoyed the Rainbow Six tactical-based shooter, so seeing that yesterday was enjoyable and something i'll be interested in getting. That, and Far Cry are probably the only shooter-style games i'm interested in from E3 this year. Not got an interest in Call of Duty or Battlefield.