NEurope
Cube

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider hits PS4 "holiday 2016", PC early 2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out on Windows 10 and Steam early 2016, and PlayStation 4 "holiday 2016", Square Enix has announced.

The game launches on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on 10th November 2015. It means Xbox has console exclusivity for one year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-23-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-hits-ps4-holiday-2016

If it's 1080p 60fps and anywhere near as good as the first, I'll buy an Xbox One. Otherwise, I'll wait.

Edit: just re-read it properly and seen it's early 2016 on PC, might go for that instead :)

Edited by Shorty

Its interesting to see how Microsofts announcement of this went against them. Instead of it making people want to buy an Xbox One, a lot of gamers just seemed pissed off at the fact that MS were being less than honest about how long it was an exclusive for. I understand them not saying how long it was for but I'm pretty sure Spencer flat out lied for a couple of days until PR seemed to get sick of all the questions.

More than happy to wait it out, got plenty to play between now and then

If there weren't so many games being released in the meantime, I'd be pissed off. Plenty to keep me occupied though, so I can wait...

12 months is a good deal for MS. If the game is dope then a year wait is too long.

What I can't work out is why on Earth they think releasing it on the same day as Fallout 4 is a good idea.

I'd be more irked as a PS4 owner, more inclined to buy into an Xbox One, if it was released not near other games.

If there weren't so many games being released in the meantime, I'd be pissed off. Plenty to keep me occupied though, so I can wait...

Yeah, that's my mentality.

I'm just happy that I'll get to be playing it at all! Maybe a year later than One owners, but I'm in no rush. :D

Also I'm guessing it'll end up being some special edition version when it is finally released. Include all DLC, fix all bugs, extra year for it to be optimized, etc. I have no problem waiting.

There's also a version with voiceover, but I suspect the video speaks for itself.

Reviews are starting to come in and it's looking like the game delivers. Lots of 8-10 scores flying about the place.

Kaz is impressed by these scores.

nSG7c15.png

Some very good scores out there. If there was just a couple more games I really wanted on Xbox I don't think you'd be able to stop me diving in. I played it at EGX and really, really enjoyed it and the demo didn't even include any exploration which is a great aspect by all accounts.

Edited by Shorty

I (just) found out that this is also coming to Xbox 360 so no need to be jealous. So other than graphics, is it known that there will be other changes between old gen and current gen versions?

Read the Gamespot review, the game sounds awesome. It didn't mention multiplayer though, is it single player only now? Good for the platinum I guess.

Read the Gamespot review, the game sounds awesome. It didn't mention multiplayer though, is it single player only now? Good for the platinum I guess.

Yeah, no multiplayer mode.

There are now time trials in the game that require you to sprint through various sections of previously played areas. These need to be aced for trophies/achievements. I think these were in Tomb Raider Legend or Anniversary on the 360.

I was in a small minority that had a lot of fun with Tomb Raider's multiplayer, kind of a shame they abandoned it. However, if it means a more refined single player experience, that's cool too.

Don't think I'll buy this on 360 unless I hear that it runs really, really well. My PC probably can't do it justice....

But can I really wait a whole year to play this...?

If only Halo 5 had been a must-have, I would have an Xbox One by now and this on pre-order.

Well, my copy didn't arrive yesterday from Tesco. Not too bothered because it was only 32 quid and I got 500 clubcard points for preordering. Plus I've got Fallout 4 to play.

I've had my copy for a day or two, sadly though I can't play it as I haven't finished the previous title. :indeed:

Although because I've taken so long about it, I may have started the game on PS4 but I barely got anywhere, since then I've had the game for free thanks to Games with Gold so I just last night started playing the first game and I'm currently enjoying it a lot. :)

I may as well just sell my PS4 copy - which I don't think I paid too much for anyway - and make some money back from it, Tomb Raider on Xbox for me from now on even if it means I'll be giving up potential extra content when the game eventually launches on PS4, that's a year away so I might as well take advantage of what is for now a platform exclusive. ::shrug:

Tomb Raider may have been more closely associated with the Playstation brand at the start but ever since Crystal Dynamics have been developing the series, I've juust seen it as another multformat franchise which I have now taken to be more closely linked with the Xbox brand.

Not that it matters ultimately, so long as the games are good and everyone gets to play them eventually then there's no harm done, on a personal level I'm just happy to be back into playing games again on a more regular basis thanks to a bit of time off I have. : peace:

Launch sales figures are of a concern (total of units between X1 and 360 - 56,700). Also, whomever decided to release this around the same time of Fallout 4 needs talking to.

I'm tempted to get the Xbox 360 version, it's cheaper and is being praised as a really great port.

Can't believe that this thread is essentially dead. So, nobody's actually playing this game?

Laaaaaame. Loved Tomb Raider and was so pumped to play this. Definitely not going to get an Xbox One as I don't need another console.

Can't believe that this thread is essentially dead. So, nobody's actually playing this game?

Laaaaaame. Loved Tomb Raider and was so pumped to play this. Definitely not going to get an Xbox One as I don't need another console.

Just think man, in a year we'll have it and probably with DLC packs too. :)

I can wait.

Pretty much answered your own question.