NEurope
Retro_Link

Microsoft Press Conference Thread - 5.30pm

Funnily enough they actually sold me on getting a PS4 lol.

Not enough exclusive MS franchises imo. Sunset Overdrive looks cool but I didn't see anything mind blowing :(

Thought it was pretty dull. Was a few games that looked allright, but people complaining about Nintendo rehashing series, this was basically that. Almost no "new" games. Anyways, i really liked the look of Inside. Other than that, nothing got to me.

It was fairly decent, but nothing mind-blowing, with the exception of the new Tomb Raider announcement (which I may have fanboyed at.) The 18 month wait kinda dampened that though.

- CoD looked ok, (but I haven't really touched CoD for years.)

- Sunset Overdrive looks like a laugh

- Was good to see Crackdown 3, but we knew that was coming

- Witcher 3 looked awesome

- Platinum Game's new title (the title escapes me now) looks interesting. Although it looked like DmC to me at first... :heh:

- Good to see Capcom actually taking the piss out of themselves with Dead Rising 3: Super Mega Hyper Dual Shock... whatever it was, but meh on the actual game.

- Project Spark = Little Big Planet clone

- Master Chief Collection was real, then. That was pretty cool!

That's all I have, and can remember, for now

Not giving them enough credit there tbf. A "typical" MS conference is an embarrassing mess cut into TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS and made into memes.

Whilst they didn't have a lot of revelations, for fans of big franchises there was certainly lots of nice new footage, and for once they kept their dignity and focussed on games.

Yeah, sounded better presentation wise than lasts years from what I've heard so props to MS for that.

Not giving them enough credit there tbf. A "typical" MS conference is an embarrassing mess cut into TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS and made into memes.

Definitely agree with this. I do recognise having a bit of a bias against Microsoft personally, but at this year's presentation they definitely took a step in the right direction. Last year was so embarrassing it wasn't even funny, making it exclusively about the games this year was the best move they could make and they did pretty well.

Conference was ok, found it a bit boring towards the end.

I actually thought the presentation got progressively better, the beginning was just boring as shit for me.

So, what's every one's game of the show this one?

I'm thinking Sunset Overdrive, it looks really vibrant and fun, pretty welcome from the other stuff they had going on. Just trying to keep in my mind the best game in my mind from each show so it'll be easier to weigh up the best of E3 discussions later on heh

I think some of you guys are being a little harsh.

It was all about the games - no kinect, no stupid policies that screw people over and no TV and apps gone mad segments. Just games, games, games and sure, a lot were multi-platform but what else do you expect.

Ori and the Blind Forest looked fantastic.

CoolFunkMan:

Yeah, I agree, The Witcher 3 actually looked impressive. Want to try that series. Looks like my kinda game. But not enough to get a new console.

The Platinum games was called Scaleborn or something.

- Good to see Capcom actually taking the piss out of themselves with Dead Rising 3: Super Mega Hyper Dual Shock... whatever it was, but meh on the actual game.

It's a shame they didn't go the full Blood Dragon route and make it standalone.

I really enjoyed it. Yeah, the exclusives aren't there yet but there's plenty exciting content being made by third parties to cover that.

I think they actually nailed it as a conference. It was just game after game and not a Kinect demo or anything TV related in sight.

Oh I think they did a great conference, all games talk, pretty quick pacing... can't really fault them much on that.

It's just the games weren't really for me. And a lot I just felt like I'd seen the same sort of thing before.

Nice to see a games heavy conference - no mention of TV. There were a couple on nice exclusives Forza and Sunset Overdrive spring to mind but overall I was very underwhelmed.

Lets hope Sony and Nintendo can nail it!

Free Mince!

Thought it was a pretty decent conference. Less talking and more games is always a good thing and while I wasn't exactly blown away by what Microsoft's teams were putting up, the third party stuff looked great as expected. But there in lies my main issue: it was the third party stuff that hooked me as opposed to the first party stuff (although Crackdown 3!!!) and obviously it'll pretty much all carry over to the PS4 so there isn't much of a differentiator on that front until I see what Sony has to offer first party wise.

Still, good showing of games.

Ori and the Blind Forest was a nice little surprise, wouldn't have pegged Microsoft to show something like that off on it's own so was pleasantly surprised there as it looks gorgeous.

Thought Sunset Overdrive looked a bit meh to be honest. Didn't do it for me.

The Witcher 3 looked great (but we already know that), as did The Division (even if they were hamming it up a bit in the demo), Assassin's Creed Unity looked really nice and the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer was a very nice inclusion.

So yeah, all in all, a good conference and a nice marker to compare the others against. Now on to EA and to wait for Mirror's Edge!

So yeah, all in all, a good conference and a nice marker to compare the others against. Now on to EA and to wait for Mirror's Edge!

Indeed. I'm hoping to see some Star Wars Battlefront as well.

I really enjoyed it. Yeah, the exclusives aren't there yet but there's plenty exciting content being made by third parties to cover that.

Gears logo at the end but not even a teaser trailer, saving it for next year?

The most disappointing aspect of the conference was the fact that there was minimal piss-taking material to be had. The guy with the shit t-shirt was about the full extent of it, and that pretty much spoke for itself. Let's hope Sony bumble around inbetween their gigaton announcements (if any).

Gears logo at the end but not even a teaser trailer, saving it for next year?

Pretty much. It's only been in development for 4 months and there were more than enough CGI trailers being shown already. :D

I still think a Gears Collection will hit before the next installment.

It was a solid conference in my view, but it had a few issues. Even though it's now commonplace for it to happen, there were too many trailers that had no game footage in. That is the one thing that really annoys me with games these days.

Positives

Assassin's Creed Unity's multiplayer looks really really awesome...but I probably won't get it on Xbox One.

Sunshine Overdrive <3

Platinum's project is intriguing, even though it suffers from the aforementioned problem

No awkward moments or trendy guest stars

They made it all about the games. Bravo.

Negatives

The gameplay demos outstayed their welcome repeatedly. You don't need to do it for 10 minutes. Each gameplay demo could have been halved.

Too little gameplay in the trailers.

Not enough first party content

Very few new reveals.

Cheering for offering 4,000 Gamerscore? Come on journalists/Microsoft's speaker system. Seriously.

CONKER. You utter bastards. That would have got me to buy an Xbox One, but shoving it in Project Spark and showing it like that was downright disrespectful and horrid.

It was a solid conference in my view, but it had a few issues. Even though it's now commonplace for it to happen, there were too many trailers that had no game footage in. That is the one thing that really annoys me with games these days.

Positives

Assassin's Creed Unity's multiplayer looks really really awesome...but I probably won't get it on Xbox One.

Sunshine Overdrive <3

Platinum's project is intriguing, even though it suffers from the aforementioned problem

Negatives

The gameplay demos outstayed their welcome repeatedly. You don't need to do it for 10 minutes. Each gameplay demo could have been halved.

Very few new reveals.

Cheering for offering 4,000 Gamerscore? Come on journalists/Microsoft's speaker system. Seriously.

CONKER. You utter bastards. That would have got me to buy an Xbox One, but shoving it in Project Spark and showing it like that was downright disrespectful and horrid.

I agree with a lot of this.

Poor Conker. :(

I cheered when they announced 4,000 gamerscore. :D

Yeah, i'm getting a little tired of the CGI trailers to be honest. It was rampant last year and it seems it's back this year.

Yeah asking you to basically make your own RARE games if you want to see them sucked.

@Serebii pretty much nailed it.

A good, solid conference. No real risks, nothing really special. It was worth a watch, though.

That was a good show all round. True to their word, it was GAMESGAMESGAMES and nothing else.

BUT FUCK YOU FOR THAT CONKER TEASE!!! ok, I wouldn't actually want to see a Conker game made by anyone other than Chris Seavor and the original team, but still...

FUCK YOU FOR THAT TEASE MICROSOFT!!!

Phantom Dust 2 is pretty cool though, I guess...

Why Conker, too? He doesn't seem like he fits the game at all. Banjo would make some sense (but would still be highly annoying). It just seemed like: "Fuck you, Nintendo fans. Look what we've done to your precious Rare".

Positives

Sunshine Overdrive <3

Negatives

Very few new reveals.

You summed it up pretty well actually, kudos. The one negative that sticks out here is the gameplay demos. I always find it funny how Call of Duty every year has the big skip that comes up as "In the interest of time..", why not just cut it there? Fucking annoying.

Think everyone is being a bit harsh. Thought it was a really solid showing. Crackdown 3? Awesome. Platinum Games game? I really am not a fan but that's great for them. Halo, always great.

That timed exclusive DLC is annoying but not that bothered. That timed exclusive PREMIUM DLC, fuck right off.