NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

I love this game but the lack voice acting from Big Boss is really starting to irritate me. It's almost taking me out of scenes when he just isn't responding to people :(

My steelbook arrived from shopto Saturday morning. Played through the prologue and it was a little longer than what i was expecting. Haven't got into the meat of the game yet because of drinking and pizza.

Umm Yes. Now ( pay attention as this next part is key ) FOR ME I find them intrusive and unnecessary. You don't mind them? Great. However, I do.

Dude it flashes by in like a second. You can press a button if you want it to be sub 1 second :p I dont its anywhere near as big as you are making it out to be.

Edited by Choze

I do wish Mother Base was a bit more interactive. Actually being able to go into rooms and buildings would be a start but I think something like the Mass Effect games had where on your down time you could walk around and speak to the crew etc.

I do wish Mother Base was a bit more interactive. Actually being able to go into rooms and buildings would be a start but I think something like the Mass Effect games had where on your down time you could walk around and speak to the crew etc.

Indeed. The biggest worry for me is mother base. After the mess of WOW i have no energy for this stuff. Having said that it seems i can just play the game and motherbase upgrades itself mostly. In WOW the Garrison just took over the whole game. A game of menus and stats...

The missions are brilliant so far. You can play the game as you like.

How come boss has barely spoken in episode 1/the prologue? Was that recorded while Kiefer was off filming 24? Or did his fee not cover the same level of dialogue as Hayters did? I'm already missing the radio chats too

How come boss has barely spoken in episode 1/the prologue? Was that recorded while Kiefer was off filming 24? Or did his fee not cover the same level of dialogue as Hayters did? I'm already missing the radio chats too

Konami/Kojima were stupid enough to think that hiring a high paid actor was a good idea for a game which would need multiple sessions. What we got instead was basically a silent protagonist. Thank god the rest of the game is excellent.

Quick question: In the staff menu, what is a "Direct Contract"?

I tried that earlier and as far as I could tell it just locked them into a certain section of the base.

Been playing a bit today, boy this is a good game. Just completed the Prologue and working through Chapter 1, enjoying it a lot.

Just learned the extration feature. I'm going to like that a lot, will be making sure Mother Base gets the full treatment. Going back into the field to finish up the 1st chapter.

And same as you @Hero\-of\-Time, these post mission credits are blooming annoying.

Edited by Jimbob

Post mission credits really aren't a biggie. Funny to see opposite opinions I guess!

Really enjoying this game. Done a few missions as well as side missions too. Man this game can be brutally hard but it's great to explore different ways to take down enemies/extractions etc.

Done nothing this weekend apart from playing this game!

Just checking that everyone has the same issue but are the servers still down? I wanna synch my GZ data but can't at the moment.

Starting to feel the gameplay a little more now. I still miss the 30 min cutscenes, though. :(

Just checking that everyone has the same issue but are the servers still down? I wanna synch my GZ data but can't at the moment.

Starting to feel the gameplay a little more now. I still miss the 30 min cutscenes, though. :(

Yeah I expect the servers will be up tomorrow.

Yep same for me, assuming they'll go live tomorrow!

Same here, i'm guessing as the game isn't officially out until tomorrow, the servers won't be up.

Theres already been one patch, just noticed my PS4 downloaded it overnight.

Just finished episode 21. Im still loving the gameplay but the lack of story is starting to get me down a bit. In fact, its probably not a lack of story, just the length of the game. If this was any of the other Metal Gear games then the amount of story probably would have been just right but its so spread out that it doesnt work nearly as well.

The lack of big boss talking sounds very troublesome indeed. Even in the short time of Ground Zeroes it came across as very strange. I mean I get it to some extent it makes no sense that Big Boss had the same voice as Solid Snake but not Liquid or Solidus but why do it at the expense of story. It seems this game is a bigger Peace Walker minus the story.

I'm saying all his having not touched it yet...

The lack of big boss talking sounds very troublesome indeed. Even in the short time of Ground Zeroes it came across as very strange.

The difference with Ground Zeroes and this is that in GZ, he was on his own. In Phantom Pain people are standing right infront of him and he just says nothing.

Decided to raid a supply camp, got into some bother as got spotted. So called in some air support, which having Hall and Oates blaring out is certainly interesting.

The difference with Ground Zeroes and this is that in GZ, he was on his own. In Phantom Pain people are standing right infront of him and he just says nothing.

See that's worse then! The codec/radio were painful enough and then the moments with Chico and in the helicopter were ever worse...to hear its common with people in front of him talking is just urgh. I don't know what to make of it. I'm playing Metal Gear Rising at the moment and even as an action game there is still a bunch of dialogue that makes that game what it is!!!

See that's worse then! The codec/radio were painful enough and then the moments with Chico and in the helicopter were ever worse...to hear its common with people in front of him talking is just urgh. I don't know what to make of it. I'm playing Metal Gear Rising at the moment and even as an action game there is still a bunch of dialogue that makes that game what it is!!!

Its still a brilliant game, dont get me wrong. It just gets a bit distracting when you notice Big Boss not really talking. Unless things change though, I have a feeling that this would have been my GOTY if the story had been a bit tighter but with it feeling a bit too long for its own good and the lack of VO I think at the moment The Witcher 3 is edging it out.

Its still a brilliant game, dont get me wrong. It just gets a bit distracting when you notice Big Boss not really talking. Unless things change though, I have a feeling that this would have been my GOTY if the story had been a bit tighter but with it feeling a bit too long for its own good and the lack of VO I think at the moment The Witcher 3 is edging it out.

Yeah it's all about The Witcher 3 for me at this point, Batman is a very distant 2nd in terms of AAA games.

I've got about 7 games Im happy to put in my top 10 so far, couldnt tell you what order yet though:

Witcher 3

MGSV

Batman Arkham Knight

Rocket League

Life is Strange

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Kerbal Space Program

I've got about 7 games Im happy to put in my top 10 so far, couldnt tell you what order yet though:

Witcher 3

MGSV

Batman Arkham Knight

Rocket League

Life is Strange

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Kerbal Space Program

Solid list Life is Strange is there for me too somewhere. Not played Rocket League, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture or Kerbal (which I assume is now out of Early Access)