NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

Well it'll be perfect for me if it arrives tomorrow. I dont work Fridays and got Monday off for the bank holiday so that'd be a nice long weekend of MGS.

Well it'll be perfect for me if it arrives tomorrow. I dont work Fridays and got Monday off for the bank holiday so that'd be a nice long weekend of MGS.

I'll be super jelly if you do. Saying that, I've got Gears of War, Until Dawn and Disney 3.0 to keep me busy over the weekend....none of those are Metal Gear though. :(

Simply Games have claimed my copy has been dispatched (not sure how much I believe them though after the Persona Q delay)
Mine is also supposedly on the way.

I didn't get as much training done in Ground Zeroes as I would've liked, but oh well... Should make playing this all the more entertaining. :D

BTW, is it necessary to disconnect your console from the internet in order to play before the release date? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines, but can't remember for sure. :hmm:

Mine is also supposedly on the way.

I didn't get as much training done in Ground Zeroes as I would've liked, but oh well... Should make playing this all the more entertaining. :D

BTW, is it necessary to disconnect your console from the internet in order to play before the release date? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines, but can't remember for sure. :hmm:

Nah. You should be alright. I can only remember this happening for one or two games. It's not really a thing. Of course feel free to disconnect it anyway. That way I don't have to see you playing it when I fire my PS4 up. :D

I'd say no, because otherwise how else are you able to download the "before day 1 patch" totalling a whole 5GB or something silly which ensures that the game runs optimally?

It's bound to happen. :heh:

Yeah, "dispatched" (aka it's ready to go, just sitting in the mailbag). If Konami get their way, which they could, then this is what probably will happen.

Game has issued a statement clarifying that up to 370 customers have been "incorrectly charged," resulting in cancellations. The statement pertains to the standard edition of the game and does not, however, mention the collector's edition.

"Regrettably, due to a technical issue with our computer systems, 370 customers who pre-ordered the Metal Gear Solid V standard edition have had their orders incorrectly charged," a spokesperson said.

"Our customer service and store teams are currently working to contact all those impacted and refund any over payment. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Crazy.

Shopto have also had issues as they had a power cut in the area and won't be up and running until later this afternoon. This will most likely delay orders that were supposed to be shipped out.

Crazy.

Shopto have also had issues as they had a power cut in the area and won't be up and running until later this afternoon. This will most likely delay orders that were supposed to be shipped out.

Shopto are back up and running, and said that none of the orders are affected. Which is a relief to hear.

I am ready. That launch trailer has left hyped and sad. Really looking forward to Kojima's last Metal Gear game.

Noticed bus stop advertising. It just shows the cover of the game. No reviews scores or anything.

The only MGS game I have played is Twin Snakes. I was Team Ninty obviously so have not tried anything else. Is this worth picking up? I did really enjoy Twin Snakes back in the day!

The only MGS game I have played is Twin Snakes. I was Team Ninty obviously so have not tried anything else. Is this worth picking up? I did really enjoy Twin Snakes back in the day!

From a gameplay perspective this seems to be the best of the lot. If you're not worried about understanding the story then i'd say pick it up.

You could always watch a MGS recap video to get you up to date. You really only need to watch a recap of MGS3 and Peace Walker, as this game follows the story of Big Boss and not Solid Snake.

I'd say so, Twin Snakes was also my first Metal Gear game. However, i have since played MGS 2 and 3 via the HD Collection on the Vita, so i got a bit more of an understanding of the story.

But, go with what HoT has said and watch a recap on YouTube or something. That way, you'll have more of an understanding of the story before heading in to play V

Looks like copies from Simply Games have started to arrive

And Shopto have yet to start dispatching their copies. :(

The Game Collection have said they will be dispatching theirs today. What the hell are Shopto playing at. :shakehead

EDIT: Been on Chat with Shopto to see what's going on and they've said they won't be shipping early due to signing a document with Konami saying they won't break the street date. He said other retailers should have signed this and those who have shipped their copies are probably from grey stock. He said if they shipped it early then they wouldn't be able to stock any of their games in the future. I was tempted to say it doesn't matter as it's Konami and they aren't releasing anything else anytime soon. :D

Looks like i'm gonna have to avoid the net like the plague until I get my copy on Tuesday.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

And Shopto have yet to start dispatching their copies. :(

The Game Collection have said they will be dispatching theirs today. What the hell are Shopto playing at. :shakehead

EDIT: Been on Chat with Shopto to see what's going on and they've said they won't be shipping early due to signing a document with Konami saying they won't break the street date. He said other retailers should have signed this and those who have shipped their copies are probably from grey stock. He said if they shipped it early then they wouldn't be able to stock any of their games in the future. I was tempted to say it doesn't matter as it's Konami and they aren't releasing anything else anytime soon. :D

Looks like i'm gonna have to avoid the net like the plague until I get my copy on Tuesday.

Yeah you dont want to see that spoiler about the reveal that its been aliens behind everything all along and the flashback to Roswell Greys riding tiny Metal Gears.

Yeah you dont want to see that spoiler about the reveal that its been aliens behind everything all along and the flashback to Roswell Greys riding tiny Metal Gears.

I KNEW IT!! Also, nanomachines. :D

My copy arrived.

So far I've spent an hour...

...escaping from a hospital while trying to avoid looking at some dudes butt crack.

:laughing:

Already given up even attempting to work out what the hell is going on story-wise, but I'm pretty sure nobody really knows, even Kojima. :heh:

Yeah, a lot of weird shit has gone down already. :blank:

Game looks and sounds absolutely amazing though, some incredible surround sound effects! :awesome:

Relented and pre-ordered from shopto, that last trailer did me in and i just had to buy it

I guessed as much, i do swear Shopto are changing and not for the better. On the plus side, least they didn't cancel orders like GAME have.

Game is great so far!

Hope the Mother Base stuff doesnt turn into wow garrisons.

Why do people feel like shopto HAVE to deliver their order early, the release is the release date, just wait like everyone else.

Why do people feel like shopto HAVE to deliver their order early, the release is the release date, just wait like everyone else.

Its what they are known for and built a customer base on this fact and their cheap prices. with their prices no longer cheap it's the only thing they have going for them now.

I ordered another copy from Simply Games yesterday and got an email saying it is to be delivered today. I'll send the Shopto copy back when it arrives.

As @Hero\-of\-Time mentioned, Shopto were known and built a customer base on cheap prices and delivering items earlier, usually a day or two earlier. However in recent times, prices have risen and delivery is more or less release day. The one thing i do like with them, is that you can order something and it gets delivered in 1 day (as long as stock permits).

It doesn't phase me with waiting until release day, i got 1 or two games to finish off this weekend before it arrives Tuesday.

The one thing I'm not entirely happy with is the saving. I did a load of stuff at Mother Base last night but because I didnt start a new mission afterwards, when I reloaded it just took me back to when I first got back to Mother Base.