NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

Which Metal Gear games have you played @RedShell?

I absolutely sucked at 1-3 but since 4 onwards its a lot easier to fight your way through if you suck at the stealth stuff.

Which Metal Gear games have you played @RedShell?
The original, Twin Snakes, Snake Eater 3D, and most recently Ground Zeroes.

I absolutely sucked at 1-3 but since 4 onwards its a lot easier to fight your way through if you suck at the stealth stuff.
Yeah I heard about this before playing Ground Zeroes, but it turns out I'm still not very good. :heh:

There's just something about the gameplay which doesn't seem to click for me.

Love what I saw in that vid though, so reckon I'm gonna pick this up anyway. :D

Stealthing is still preferable but you I'll wager you could shoot your way in and out of any situation you needed to now. Which is good, because for me it's usually one first and then the other.

Donna Burke has a crack at some of the well known MGS vocal tracks.

I absolutely LOVE Quiet's Theme ( original version, not Donna Burke one ) and can't wait to hear it in full.

Donna Burke has a crack at some of the well known MGS vocal tracks.

I absolutely LOVE Quiet's Theme ( original version, not Donna Burke one ) and can't wait to hear it in full.

Not a fan of any of those myself (way too soppy :heh:) apart from Snake Eater which is amazing.

Anyway, did you watch that vid gaggle64 posted on the previous page, H-o-T? I imagine you're dangerously hyped for this game regardless. :hehe:

Not a fan of any of those myself (way too soppy :heh:) apart from Snake Eater which is amazing.

Anyway, did you watch that vid gaggle64 posted on the previous page, H-o-T? I imagine you're dangerously hyped for this game regardless. :hehe:

Haha. I actually think Snake Eater is one of the weakest songs out of all the games. I find it far too corny. It just doesn't fit the series.

Nah. I try not to watch much about the game, outside of the main trailers, that is. I already knew about the dog and building Mother Base. In terms of building your base, I think there's something similar in Peace Walker. I have yet to play that one, though.

I hope it's possible to specifically identify & invade the FOBs belonging to people on your friends list (note to self: fill out friends list). :D

Haha. I actually think Snake Eater is one of the weakest songs out of all the games. I find it far too corny. It just doesn't fit the series..

I have to agree! To me, it just sounds like a parody of James Bond.. and not in a good way :heh:

As for The Phantom Pain, I haven't really watched anything of it but I find myself not really having any great desire to. The series has drifted away from what made the original Metal Gear Solid so special :hmm:

I hope it's possible to specifically identify & invade the FOBs belonging to people on your friends list (note to self: fill out friends list). :D
You'll definitely want to be invading mine, that's for sure. :hehe:

There will no doubt be minimal resistance. :laughing:

I have to agree! To me, it just sounds like a parody of James Bond.. and not in a good way :heh:
That's exactly why I like it. ;)

So I watched the Giantbomb viewing of the below video and I think it may be necessary viewing. Ground Zeros is literally the direct aftermath of Peacewalker and it seems like it will all carry into 5. I've become oddly invested in the story and I honestly hate myself.

So I watched the Giantbomb viewing of the below video and I think it may be necessary viewing. Ground Zeros is literally the direct aftermath of Peacewalker and it seems like it will all carry into 5. I've become oddly invested in the story and I honestly hate myself.

Yeah I watched most of Dan and Drew watching that last night (fell asleep for a while in the middle) but the end at least was very helpful. Gonna watch them playing Ground Zeroes tonight!

Yeah I watched most of Dan and Drew watching that last night (fell asleep for a while in the middle) but the end at least was very helpful. Gonna watch them playing Ground Zeroes tonight!

You guys not actually want to play the games for yourselves?

You guys not actually want to play the games for yourselves?

I've played Zeros, Peace Walker apparently isn't up to much. I also watched their MGS4 play through and that honestly seemed like the ideal way for me to experience that game. :heh:

I've played Zeros, Peace Walker apparently isn't up to much. I also watched their MGS4 play through and that honestly seemed like the ideal way for me to experience that game. :heh:

For a lot of people Peace Walker is the best out of the whole series. Greg Miller hails the game as a master piece and its one of his favourite games of all time. I'm looking forward to finally tackling it this week and seeing if it lives up to the hype.

I've played Ground Zeroes and bits of pieces of the other games but I've never been any good at the stealth (I was a lot better 4 onwards but my PS3 died while I was playing that one.

I do own all of them I think in one form or another. Even got myself a copy of Twin Snakes last year on GC.

I've played Ground Zeroes and bits of pieces of the other games but I've never been any good at the stealth (I was a lot better 4 onwards but my PS3 died while I was playing that one.

I do own all of them I think in one form or another. Even got myself a copy of Twin Snakes last year on GC.

You poor man. :heh:

In all seriousness, it's not that bad, it's just not a patch on the original.

You poor man. :heh:

In all seriousness, it's not that bad, it's just not a patch on the original.

Lol. I like it as its own weird, anime-ish thing. I still have the original as well so thats ok.

For a lot of people Peace Walker is the best out of the whole series. Greg Miller hails the game as a master piece and its one of his favourite games of all time. I'm looking forward to finally tackling it this week and seeing if it lives up to the hype.

I'm playing Peace Walker now and there is no way it is even close to best of the series. It's basically Portable Ops meets Monster Hunter. I've also heard some of the bosses are near impossible not in co-op.

I'm playing Peace Walker now and there is no way it is even close to best of the series. It's basically Portable Ops meets Monster Hunter. I've also heard some of the bosses are near impossible not in co-op.

Being a massive MH fan, this sounds like (Outer) heaven to me! :D

I've also heard some of the bosses are near impossible not in co-op.

Beating the game solo isn't that hard.

Achieving S-ranks on all the missions is basically impossible without co-op play, though.

We should start placing votes now with the game being so close if David Hayter will be in the game.

I'm gonna say yes and the very end of the game will be a time jump to the start of Metal Gear 1 for MSX/NES recreated with Solid Snake.

I'm voting yes as well. He HAS to be in it.

@Happenstance did you listen to this weeks Bombcast yet? Apparently they were discussing the MGS games but I didn't want have Peace Walker spoiled, so I have yet to give it a listen. Is it safe to have a listen?

I just finished listening to it actually. I don't remember any Peace Walker spoilers, just the end of 4.