NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

Worldwide release date has been announced as 1st September.

Shame it got leaked before the official announcement but I cannot wait for this one. Pre order asap!

This will be the first Metal Gear Solid game that I won't be playing first on a PlayStation system. That feels weird.

Special Edition Console

60ade0f3jw1epu24els9wj20sg0izmy5.jpg

60ade0f3jw1epu24gah1fj20sg0izwff.jpg

60ade0f3jw1epu24lp20mj20sg0izt9v.jpg

Boxart

B_QiWubVIAIARIp.jpg

Day One/Limited Edition

B_QjPnIUQAA01rE.png:large

Day 1 Edition £59.99 PS4/Xbox One/Steam, £49.99 PS3/Xbox 360:

MAP (Physical Version Only)

DLC items :

Adam-ska Special Handgun

Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)

Cardboard Box (Wetland)

Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)

METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST

B_QiQ-pVEAAZj84.jpg:large

Collector's Edition £99.99 PS4/Xbox One:

Half Scale Replica of Snake's Bionic Arm

Collectible SteelBook

Behind the Scenes Documentary & Trailers Blu-ray Disc

MAP

Exclusive Packaging

WEAPON & SHIELD PACK: Windurger S333 Combat Special Revolver, Adam-ska Special Handgun, Maschinen aktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Handgun, Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold, Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab) Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver), Personal Ballistic Shield (White), Personal Ballistic Shield, (Gold)

CARDBOARD BOXES: Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain), Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland), Cardboard Box (Wetland)

SNAKE COSTUMES: Fatigues (Black Ocelot), Fatigues (Gray Urban), Fatigues (Blue Urban), Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)

Other: VENOM SNAKE' Emblem

METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST

MGO Items: Metal Gear Rex Helmet, AM MRS-4 GOLD Assault Rifle, WU S. PISTOL GOLD

Dat console. Beautiful.

Will have to get that collectors edition :bowdown:

That PS4 looks pretty nice. Like something Ron Burgundy might approve of.

Looks like I'll be playing it on a PlayStation system after all. That CE is only for the consoles.

They should give you a full size cardboard box as a pre-order item.

That is one sexy console, might have to get the collectors edition for ps4 (wish they sold those face plates for ps4)

Pre-ordered via Shopto. Shall buy Ground Zero's a week or so before release and finally play that in August.

Pre-ordered via Shopto. Shall buy Ground Zero's a week or so before release and finally play that in August.

Have you not played it yet? Really good game and wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on PS+ at some point.

I really need to play Peace Walker before this arrives. It's the only one out of the main series that I have yet to play. A lot of stuff that happened in GZ meant nothing to me as I didn't have a clue what was going on or who the characters were.

Have you not played it yet? Really good game and wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on PS+ at some point.

I really need to play Peace Walker before this arrives. It's the only one out of the main series that I have yet to play. A lot of stuff that happened in GZ meant nothing to me as I didn't have a clue what was going on or who the characters were.

I held off after hearing how short it was and seeing as it is only the intro part of the game, didn't want to play it and wait a long time for the rest of the game to arrive.

Pre-ordered the collectors edition : peace:

Don't want to wait :(

Here's a bunch of details from this months Playstation Magazine.

G5xb.jpg

The Official UK PS mag dropped this week with a massive 16-page MGSV feature.

- They say the opening hour is astonishing and one of the greatest they've ever seen. The original Phantom Pain/Moby Dick Studios trailer didn't touch on it's full brilliance. They say it's completely different in tone to the rest of the game and almost horror-esque.

- Early on you can interrogate guards but you don't understand Russian/African; it's useless until you do a side-op to Fulton a translator. This unlocks the ability to understand foreign dialogue from enemies.

- Can get easily around the map using fast-travel with cardboard boxes. Orange signposts are delivery points and you can collected and dropped off elsewhere like in MGS1 and 3, but far more useful because it's open-world.

- 'Loadout' screen like in Peace Walker, you can select the time of mission start, weapons, gear, tools, mechanical arm (electrocution is just one type), explosives, buddies, boxes, starting vehicles and player character. Says you can play as your generic troops, like in PW. You can have a car or lorry with you from the start, if you want.

- Lists the Buddies as Quiet, Horse, Dog, and mech-walker. Says the mech walker can go turbo, you can put it on cruise-control, and upgrade its skill-tree to give it more stuff like CQC and a stun-gun. You only unlock the mech when you finish a 'specific' mission whilst using the mech (danced around spoilers here).

- the dog attacks enemies and finds things in the environment that shows up on the iDroid. The horse is invincible. You can put a prisoner on the horse like in Red Dead.

- Says Quiet's presence actually lowers morale on Mother Base, probably due to being a former antagonist.

- Setting off the alarm in a large base causes reinforcements to drive in from smaller, adjacent bases nearby. You can choose to shut down the smaller bases first to stop potential reinforcements, or sever smaller communications dishes in the main base to cut them off. You can also call the chopper to act as a distraction in an adjacent base, which removes reinforcements from the the base you want to get into, thinning out the ranks.

- The larger satellite dishes on the bases control automated AA defences. Blow them up and you can call for chopper extraction at closer points.

- Cardboard box tobogganing, says you can run and press square and you go into a funny slide, which retains momentum if you're on a hill.

- Named Ah-Ha, Billy Idol and David Bowie as helicopter tunes to choose from.

- They had a whole section on his notepad ready for notes on how it performed/technical complaints, and the only thing he wrote at the end of his whole session was that some foliage occasionally pops-in in Africa, i.e it was mostly perfect.

- Counted 14 or so major bases in Afghanistan, and over two dozen smaller outposts.

- This has been said before, but the missions are presented a little like TV eps, with opening and closing credits. They remark how it wouldn't matter if Kojima's name was scrubbed from the box art and marketing because it's EVERYWHERE in the game.

- Every mission has smaller side-objectives that bring extra rewards if you check them all off. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed bonus objectives (or GTAV if you like). Says it only tells you the bonus objectives once you've finished the mission once, encouraging replayability without distracting you with it on the first pass.

- There's a great screen of DD riding in a jeep with Snake.

- You have to upgrade the Fulton to extract heavier stuff. When extracted, it's gone from the map for good, so you can't farm for infinite stuff.

- Says that like PW, there's a lot of cassette tapes to flesh out the story if you want to.

- Game structure is open-ended. Numerous missions are open at any time and you don't have to go back to Mother Base in between. Some 'Important' side-ops open up new story missions. The game rewards you constantly with new blueprints and tapes.

- Some side-ops have you rescuing 'crazed' survivors from your MSF base-destruction 9 years ago.

- One side-op you have to tranq and extract a 'legendary brown bear'.

- New Mother Base is in the Seychelles. Compares MP to Dark Souls invasions, which can simply turn off in the menu.

- Goes over the base management, tl;dr sounds like a richer version of PW. Outer Ops seems to be back to send your Combat soldiers to.

- Wash blood off of Snake at the Mother Base showers, do target practice or fight with new recruits. Says MB starts off disappointingly small, but soon grows and adds new layers and levels. Morale of your men will drop if you don't visit it often enough.

- The item to view enemy soldier stats in the field before Fultoning is back from PW.

- Mission completion times are recorded to the thousandth of a second.

- There was a lot more they saw, but not allowed to talk about yet.

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

I may have to pick this issue up and give it a good read.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Goosebumps.

This will be series' pinnacle.

Dat ending!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself :D Those three words got me nostalgic.

I wasn't hotly anticipating MGSV but that was before I learned you could build a base with a puppy in it. A puppy!

I wasn't hotly anticipating MGSV but that was before I learned you could build a base with a puppy in it. A puppy!

Wow...

I knew nothing about any of the stuff in that vid, mind-blowing! :o

Had no intention of getting this game, but seriously tempted after seeing that.

Just wish I didn't suck at Metal Gear. :blank: