NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

Have a feeling that I may lose someone if I continue with the story...so I'll hold off on that and do all the optional stuff : peace:

Apologies if it's already been answered. But I've just completed mission 31 (which holy shit had my adrenaline pumping).

At the end of the chaos, there's lots of cut scenes and then...

Credits

I then get a trailer for chapter 2 which looks great. I go to my missions and 2 of them are repeats of missions I've done already but with difficulty spikes.

There was one new mission I hadn't done. Now, do I have to re-do missions? I've read that if complete the one missions I've not done yet, that should unlock more new missions and I shouldn't need to re-do old ones with the difficulty spike.

I loved the game thus far, but don't really want to re-do missions again. I'm hoping by doing the 1 new mission it'll open up more new missions and I can get by and progress without doing old missions again.

Apologies if it's already been answered. But I've just completed mission 31 (which holy shit had my adrenaline pumping).

At the end of the chaos, there's lots of cut scenes and then...

Credits

I then get a trailer for chapter 2 which looks great. I go to my missions and 2 of them are repeats of missions I've done already but with difficulty spikes.

There was one new mission I hadn't done. Now, do I have to re-do missions? I've read that if complete the one missions I've not done yet, that should unlock more new missions and I shouldn't need to re-do old ones with the difficulty spike.

I loved the game thus far, but don't really want to re-do missions again. I'm hoping by doing the 1 new mission it'll open up more new missions and I can get by and progress without doing old missions again.

You don't have to do any of those missions. Just do the new ones and any side missions you want. After a certain amount have been done another new mission will pop up. Just keep doing this. Also....

Make sure you have the max bonding level with Quiet, otherwise you won't unlock one of the missions

Had a good session on this over the weekend. Finished every side mission, caught every animal and finished every mission. 85 hours in and I've still got stuff to do! :D

Had a good session on this over the weekend. Finished every side mission, caught every animal and finished every mission. 85 hours in and I've still got stuff to do! :D

About those traget practice side missions. The R&D Platform one was a huge pain. Are the others similar or are they more straight forward, like the one on the Support Unit Platform?

I am well into chapter 2. Only problem is that everything is that much more time consuming. At this stage it just feels horrible flying into each mission, travelling, setting stuff up etc. Mother base is junk as expected. I dont think this game formula is very repeatable.

About those traget practice side missions. The R&D Platform one was a huge pain. Are the others similar or are they more straight forward, like the one on the Support Unit Platform?

Some are ok/straightforward. Others are terrible.

R&D is probably the worst one. I think another one is a bit tricky as well but the rest are alright, as Choze said.

I see.

Will probably just use video guides, anyway. I don't really enjoy timed target practices in games.

I took a massive step towards nabbing the platinum today by achieving this...

image_zpsur2yl6bz.jpg

Doing the objectives should be easier now that I can use strikes, special weapons and outfits that drop your rank.

Crazy to think that I've spent just over 100 hours on this now and there's still stuff left to do! What a game.

So I think I've broken MGSV.

So I've not replayed any missions in chapter 2 as I assume i don't need to. I've completed:

32-To Know Too Much

38-Extraordinary

41-Proxy War Without End

43-Shining Lights, Even in Death

And all the important side ops apart from 150 which isnt unlocking, and missions 45 and 46 aren't unlocking either.

I've listened to all the tapes, done so many side ops. Granted I've not done any of the repeat missions yet, but genuinely can't be bothered. Was hoping I could get by with side ops and new main missions. Oh and I don't have a butterfly on my emblem either?

So I think I've broken MGSV.

So I've not replayed any missions in chapter 2 as I assume i don't need to. I've completed:

32-To Know Too Much

38-Extraordinary

41-Proxy War Without End

43-Shining Lights, Even in Death

And all the important side ops apart from 150 which isnt unlocking, and missions 45 and 46 aren't unlocking either.

I've listened to all the tapes, done so many side ops. Granted I've not done any of the repeat missions yet, but genuinely can't be bothered. Was hoping I could get by with side ops and new main missions. Oh and I don't have a butterfly on my emblem either?

There's a set number of missions that need to be finished before the main ones unlock. Just continue to do regular side missions. Apparently you can redo any quick and easy missions to get the ones you need to unlock, as well.

Is your bond level max with Quiet?

There's a set number of missions that need to be finished before the main ones unlock. Just continue to do regular side missions. Apparently you can redo any quick and easy missions to get the ones you need to unlock, as well.

Is your bond level max with Quiet?

Yeah got the bond with her to max. I guess I've just got to keep finishing side ops then.

Read so many different things like you need mother base fully upgraded, need to have x number of completed developments.

Hopefully it's as you say and triggered by a mission completion count.

Yeah got the bond with her to max. I guess I've just got to keep finishing side ops then.

Read so many different things like you need mother base fully upgraded, need to have x number of completed developments.

Hopefully it's as you say and triggered by a mission completion count.

It's certainly not triggered by having MB complete. I was no where near having that finished ( still working on it now ) and the missions unlocked for me.

So what exactly is Mother Base?

Sounds like an addictive RTS Sim-City type mechanic which I would love.

Anyone, please? too lazy to search. ;)

Anyone, please? too lazy to search. ;)

There isn't a lot to it.

You build platforms for your base:

Command Platform

R&D Platform

Combat Unit Platform

Base Development Platform

Support Platform

Intel Platform

Medical Platform

Out in the field (i.e. during missions) you can "capture" soldiers. The higher their ranks the better they are.

Example soldier (ranks from E to S++, E being the worst):

R&D A+

Combat C

Support C

Intel C

Medical B

Base Development A++

You can decide to either manually put them on a team, or let the game do it for you. In both cases this soldier should/will end up in Base Development.

The more soldiers you have on a platform the higher its level will be, opening up more development options for weapons, items, etc...

Edited by drahkon

There isn't a lot to it.

You build platforms for your base:

Command Platform

R&D Platform

Combat Unit Platform

Base Development Platform

Support Platform

Intel Platform

Medical Platform

Out in the field (i.e. during missions) you can "capture" soldiers. The higher their ranks the better they are.

Example soldier (ranks from E to S++, E being the worst):

R&D A+

Combat C

Support C

Intel C

Medical B

Base Development A++

You can decide to either manually put them on a team, or let the game do it for you. In both cases this soldier should/will end up in Base Development.

The more soldiers you have on a platform the higher its level will be, opening up more development options for weapons, items, etc...

Thanks Drahkon. : peace:

Wow some of you guys and gals have really progressed with this game! I'm still only on mission 18 after 35 hours - the side ops are keeping me busy as I'm obsessed with upgrading Motherbase! I've levelled most of my platforms to 3/4 now so think a good stint on the main missions is needed. Some missions can be pretty short so hopefully will be able to progress the story significantly.

Absolutely loving this game.

Wow some of you guys and gals have really progressed with this game! I'm still only on mission 18 after 35 hours - the side ops are keeping me busy as I'm obsessed with upgrading Motherbase! I've levelled most of my platforms to 3/4 now so think a good stint on the main missions is needed. Some missions can be pretty short so hopefully will be able to progress the story significantly.

Absolutely loving this game.

I'm the same, only on mission 14/15, I've been recruiting A or higher rank soldiers and doing side missions

After 120 odd hours, it is done!

image_zpskzavra3c.jpg

Nicely done. :awesome:

Really need to get back to this soon. Not to get the Platinum (obviously :heh:) but to "finish" it. :D

Hands down the best game I've played all year. Masterpiece. :bowdown:
I always thought it was weird how you weren't really feeling it at first, guess you were just over-hyped.

Anyway, glad you came to your senses. :hehe: Best PS4 game by a long way for me too.

Awesome @Hero\-of\-Time : peace:

Destiny has taken (heh) me over again, so MGS in on hold.

Never thought I'd say this about the game but I'm getting slightly bored of it.

Just finished chapter 21 and the lack of story is starting to annoy me (as well as lack of voice by Snake himself). These things keep me playing and right now I don't find myself wanting to play the game as much.

I've put in over 40 hours so far so maybe I'm focusing too much on side ops and need to put in a good stint on the main story.

Sad times.