NEurope
Hero-of-Time

MGS V: Phantom Pain

Just part-completed a mission called "Honey Bee". It had an enemy helicopter, of which i couldn't take down. So, called in the back-up. Of course mine won the battle, however what happened next kind of threw me. My chopper decided to go on ahead and take out 1/2 the base on my behalf, basically cleared it out the enemy and the anti-aircraft antenna. Was interesting to say the least, did take a screenshot of the helicopter vs helicopter battle.

I need to go back and finish it, i thought extracting the chap was it.

Edited by Jimbob

PS4 arrived today. Played MGS1 over the weekend... 4 more to go till MGS V. I'll be with you guys in a few months.

It's all downhill from there, dude : peace:

It's all downhill from there, dude : peace:

You be on crack, son.

Can't believe how smoothly this game runs. Very impressed.

Indeed. Usually open world games are quite janky but this seems so fluid.

I had a cracking session on this yesterday. I only done one story mission and the rest of the 5 hours I played was purely doing the side missions. This is helped me unlock a crazy amount of weapons and items, which will make the main missions a lot easier.

I'm in desperate need of some materials to upgrade Mother Base. I've upgraded a fair few platforms but my capacity for each one has reached its max. Luckily I just unlocked the ability to send big containers of material back to base, so this should help things going forward.

Reading Jimbobs post just shows how differently this game can be played. In all my missions I try to tranq as many enemies as possible and then send them back to base. I done this on Peace Walker, which helped me to develop stuff a lot faster, and it seems to be working a treat here as well. Once I get spotted I just pull out the rocket launcher and all hell breaks loose.

I was walking around Mother Base last night and heard some music being played. I followed the sound and found that it was The Final Countdown blasting through the speakers. I stood there and listened to it for a while. :D

The game well and truly has its hooks in me now. I'm sitting at work here counting the hours until I can get back on it. Man, I hate real life stuff. :(

I ran out of money in-game, didn't realise you could sell some of the stuff you extracted. I thought them guns and mortars were going to be used as weapons on the base, so very quickly solved the money issues. Happened to go back to Motherbase when the moral was low, so witnessed a fight between comrades.

Like @Hero\-of\-Time, i tranq'd most of the enemies and extracted back to base. But for a while now, i've been sending back the highly skilled troops to base. I'm trying to get the resources saved to get a sniper with a silencer.

I ran out of money in-game, didn't realise you could sell some of the stuff you extracted. I thought them guns and mortars were going to be used as weapons on the base, so very quickly solved the money issues. Happened to go back to Motherbase when the moral was low, so witnessed a fight between comrades.

I thought they were used when your base gets invaded by other players or some pants like that?

I'm hoping to unlock a traq sniper. It would come in real handy for some of the missions.

Are the servers up yet? I tried them before going to work this morning but they were still down. I wanna see what bonuses I get from playing GZ. :(

Was up way too late last night playing this. But just couldn't stop! :shakehead

Had the most epic...

...sniper battle against Quiet! :awesome:

Very similar to the fight against The End on MGS3, but much cooler.

Anyway, she's now back at Mother Base and should soon be available as a mission buddy. icon14.gif

I still can't quite get over how much depth there is to the gameplay, there are just so many different ways to approach stuff. Pretty sure this has to be one of the most complex games ever made, I mean the amount of detail in the mechanics is absolutely insane! :o

And as if that wasn't enough, the game then mixes it up even more by adapting on the fly to your playstyle!

I've already seen more enemies wearing tougher headgear (because I tend to go for lots of headshots with the tranq gun) and they're also starting to use night vision too (because I mainly attempt missions when it's dark).

Didn't really think those changes were down to how I'd been playing the game at first, but then I heard that this kind of stuff is mentioned in the official guidebook, so the game really is intentionally trying to mess me up. :hehe:

So cool. :bowdown:

I'm really tempted to get that guidebook actually, as I wonder just how much stuff I'm missing out on with a game that's as deep as this. :hmm:

BTW, does anyone know for certain if the buddies you can take on missions die or not? I keep getting conflicting information. :blank:

My horse took a lot of gunfire in the butt once :D as I was making my escape and seemed pretty invincible, but I'd hate to have him, or even worse D.D. cark it. Especially if it's permanent as I've also been hearing. :eek:

Are the servers up yet? I tried them before going to work this morning but they were still down. I wanna see what bonuses I get from playing GZ. :(
They are, yeah. I transferred my GZ file, but didn't seem to get anything for it.

Probably didn't do enough in GZ to get any rewards. :P

Words cannot describe how much I really want this game right now. Although being jobless and poor, I have no option but to wait.

Also, there's a goodbye video from Kojima, it's quite emotional too:

The ending of that actually reduced me to tears. So sad. :(

Was up way too late last night playing this. But just couldn't stop! :shakehead

Had the most epic...

...sniper battle against Quiet! :awesome:

Very similar to the fight against The End on MGS3, but much cooler.

Anyway, she's now back at Mother Base and should soon be available as a mission buddy. icon14.gif

Yeah, I keep having late nights because of the game. The lack of sleep is really gonna hit me at some point.

Loved that mission. It took a while but it was very satisfying. I read a hilarious way of beating the mission really fast.

Tag her and then order a supply drop to land on her head. It takes half of her stamina off. :D I haven't tried it myself but it should making getting a S rank on that stage very easy.

You ever hit your horse by accident? I kept running and diving into it, instead of mounting. Miller didn't seem happy with my tomfoolery. :D

Yeah, I keep having late nights because of the game. The lack of sleep is really gonna hit me at some point.

Loved that mission. It took a while but it was very satisfying. I read a hilarious way of beating the mission really fast.

Tag her and then order a supply drop to land on her head. It takes half of her stamina off.

:D I haven't tried it myself but it should making getting a S rank on that stage very easy.

I actually tried that!

But she ran away just before it hit her! :shakehead

Perhaps another example of the game learning from what you do, as I'd been doing this a lot beforehand on soldiers. :laughing:

You ever hit your horse by accident? I kept running and diving into it, instead of mounting. Miller didn't seem happy with my tomfoolery. :D
One time, yeah. Was really worried that I'd killed it. :grin:

I'm hoping to unlock a traq sniper. It would come in real handy for some of the missions.

It'll be a while before you unlock a helpful one. I spent ages working on getting one for me and one for Quiet to use out in the field but the early ones dont have suppressors on yet so they can still be heard :(

It'll be a while before you unlock a helpful one. I spent ages working on getting one for me and one for Quiet to use out in the field but the early ones dont have suppressors on yet so they can still be heard :(

I've got a normal sniper with a silencer on it but I try not to kill people, hence me wanting the traq version.

I've got a normal sniper with a silencer on it but I try not to kill people, hence me wanting the traq version.

Yeah I know. Im just saying that the tranq rifle that actually has a silencer is further down the research tree than the normal sniper rifle was. The early ones you unlock are loud so it takes a while to get.

Yeah I know. Im just saying that the tranq rifle that actually has a silencer is further down the research tree than the normal sniper rifle was. The early ones you unlock are loud so it takes a while to get.

Ah. I thought you were talking about sniper rifles in general.

Just did some reading, i need to go back and find that young puppy wandering around the area and extract it.

Does anyone know when I can research tranq rifles in R&D? all the rifiles I can research so far all do fatal damage. The only tranq wepon I have at the moment is the pistol you start out with which I upgraded once.

Just uploaded my GZ save and got a gold arm, sneaking suit and MGS1 skin.

Not happy with the loading that happens when opening your map/inventory etc. when connected to the servers. I've disconnected my game from them for now.

Does anyone know when I can research tranq rifles in R&D? all the rifiles I can research so far all do fatal damage. The only tranq wepon I have at the moment is the pistol you start out with which I upgraded once.

You just have to scroll through to the Sniper Rifle section and find out the requirements. We cant really tell you when you can get them because it all depends on the materials you have and the level of your teams. If I remember right the very first Tranq rifle needs R&D and Medical to both be level 15.

The ending of that actually reduced me to tears. So sad. :(

What a lovely video - genuinely emotional.

I think I might just carry on playing in offline mode. My FOB just got attacked so I went back to defend, got knocked out of the session and then lost a load of men etc. Not exactly fair and if its made so that can happen I'd rather just not do it, at least not until I complete the story.

I think I might just carry on playing in offline mode. My FOB just got attacked so I went back to defend, got knocked out of the session and then lost a load of men etc. Not exactly fair and if its made so that can happen I'd rather just not do it, at least not until I complete the story.

Yeah, I thought this kind of thing may happen. That's another reason why I disconnected from servers.

Can someone who has never played a MGS game before enjoy this?

Ofcourse. Its a great game.

Ofcourse. Its a great game.

Story wise, wouldn't I be completely lost? Is it like the witcher? I never played any of them before, but I still loved it.