NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

This footage makes me so sad I have zero creativity when it comes to these build-it-yourself games ;_;

If there's online sharing then I'll be all over it because it looks DOPE

Online is part of the game. We can just sponge off RedShell and Sprout! :D

This is such a clever way of promoting a game. Between the Treehouse and the Championships I'm sold on just hoe exciting (Super) Mario Maker could be!

This is awesome, just wow! I mean this game i can't believe i ever doubted this. Soooooo looking forward to this now! There's sooooooo much you can do :)

This demonstration has sent my hype through the roof. Another incredible addition to the Wii U lineup for sure.

Great way to end the competition.

This would be a great game for tourneys!

Blind Mario Maker attempts make for hilarious bookends :laughing:

Online is part of the game. We can just sponge off RedShell and Sprout! :D

Which is exactly what I've been hoping for for this game. My creativity sucks, but I love playing other's levels, so long as they're not just trying to make things ridiculously hard

We can just sponge off RedShell and Sprout! :D

This is one of the major reasons I will buy Super Mario Maker. The other is: Hopefully and endless supply of difficult levels :p

The only game on the WiiU I'm looking forward to.

so long as they're not just trying to make things ridiculously hard

Pussy. :p

I need ridiculously hard levels. :D

This is one of the major reasons I will buy Super Mario Maker. The other is: Hopefully and endless supply of difficult levels :p

The only game on the WiiU I'm looking forward to.

I swear that I'm like the only person out there who intends to actually not make loads of Kaizo Mario style levels :laughing:

I actually wanna design some levels that anyone can finish - like a mini-Mario game as if it were designed by Nintendo! So far it looks like I might actually stand out amongst everyone else making arsehole levels :)

Edited by Dcubed

I swear that I'm like the only person out there who intends to actually not make loads of Kaizo Mario style levels :laughing:

I actually wanna design some levels that anyone can finish - like a mini-Mario game as if it were designed by Nintendo! :)

Doesn't mean there can't be insanity in those levels

I actually wanna design some levels that anyone can finish - like a mini-Mario game as if it were designed by Nintendo! :)

:D Don't get me wrong: I will try out a lot, but since I enjoy difficult levels/games more than easy ones I'm hoping for a long list of Kaizo-like levels :p

Also looking forward to some really creative utilisation of mechanics. I'm sure that @RedShell and @Sprout will not disappoint. :)

Doesn't mean there can't be insanity in those levels

Oh of course there will be insanity! I'm a dab hand at making something creative when I put the effort in! (If you've ever played my Wario Ware DIY games, you'd know that I'm destined for a mental asylum :laughing: )

HOLY MOLY I've just seen the stuff I've missed.

OMG. Hook it into my veins!!!!

HOLY MOLY I've just seen the stuff I've missed.

Same here, I fell asleep last night but just caught up on the Championship footage.

This game looks to be amazing.

OMG. Hook it into my veins!!!!

Let's hope that this will be our reaction after Nintendo's Digital Event : peace:

Needless to say, I am NEVER hitting a ? block in any levels I download. No sir.

Needless to say, I am NEVER hitting a ? block in any levels I download. No sir.

I will create a ?-block-only level just for you. And I will make you download and play it.

I will create a ?-block-only level just for you. And I will make you download and play it.

And the floor will be springs/trampolines only ;)

Also I agree with what others have said in that I probably won't create a single level in this game and instead will live off what others create.

Even if just 10% of buyers create levels, we're sorted.

This is going to be so much fun, for creators and players alike. :)

I was cracking up throughout the NWC, the way those stages trolled the players was hilarious! icon14.gif

It's pretty amazing just how much is possible in this latest version. :o I can't wait to get making and playing (but mainly making ;)) some Super Mario Maker stages! :bouncy:

Just watching the 45min vid of this now. Very fun stuff starting! Looks interesting for sho, but why the change to Super Mario Maker? I think it stood slightly better just being called Mario Maker! Fuck all these damn prefixes, go back to the basics for something that's going back to basics!

Who're the guys who made the stages for the championships btw?

Also I agree with what others have said in that I probably won't create a single level in this game and instead will live off what others create.

Even if just 10% of buyers create levels, we're sorted.

The online infrastructure for it all really needs to be extensive and robust though - I really hope things like what I supposed earlier was in re: popularity ratings, difficulty ratings, stage information, boards, challenges etc are in it to really add value to the content and playability.

Just watching the 45min vid of this now. Very fun stuff starting! Looks interesting for sho, but why the change to Super Mario Maker? I think it stood slightly better just being called Mario Maker! Fuck all these damn prefixes, go back to the basics for something that's going back to basics!

Who're the guys who made the stages for the championships btw?

They come from the folks who work at Treehouse (NOA's localisation team)